Where's BBS?

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Sorry guys, I'd say I've been lurking but to be honest I haven't bothered, I've only visited once since I knew it went online. This is probably the ugliest forum I've ever seen and all this white and light grey makes my eyes bleed.

Poor Barry. How unfair of his friends to expect of him to endure anything but the utmost comfort when hanging out with them. >:(

/Sarcasm

Besides, you can change the colours with a .css plugin if you're using Chrome or Firefox which most of us are.

I have Chrome and Firefox--can't stand Firefox. Maybe I'll give Chrome a try, maybe not. My GS somehow got Chrome working so he could play his games and I thought I never would get rid of it. Thanks for the suggestion, though, Harry.

edited December 1969

Sorry guys, I'd say I've been lurking but to be honest I haven't bothered, I've only visited once since I knew it went online. This is probably the ugliest forum I've ever seen and all this white and light grey makes my eyes bleed.

Poor Barry. How unfair of his friends to expect of him to endure anything but the utmost comfort when hanging out with them. >:(

/Sarcasm

Besides, you can change the colours with a .css plugin if you're using Chrome or Firefox which most of us are.

Well obviously I apologise, once again, if my honesty has in some way offended you, once again. Obviously.
    /Sarcasm

I don't use Firefox or Chrome, I prefer Internal Explosion, always have.
    Maybe I'll get used to the forum, I don't know.

@AtticAnne: When I said the forum is ugly, I meant the forum, not the thread, I am honoured that you and my other friends sent out the search party!
    I knew what you meant, Barry. Of course we would go looking for you. We're your peeps and you cannot escape us.

@Pam: If you sent your email to the account registered here I'm afraid there's only a tiny chance that I'll have read it. Basically the account is a spam-catcher so I don't look. Having said that, my main account gets so much spam these days it makes no difference which account I use! Rest assured if I'd read your mail I would have replied :)

Maybe you should pick up a Gmail account. Mine does a good job of filtering out spam. I always skim through my spam folder before deleting though because sometimes it gets carried away and places something important in the spam folder.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    AtticAnne said:
    This is absolutely unfair. I can't upload my avatar. Waaaaaaaaaaaah. And Jeff has 2.

Not a Avatar my dear just a attached image. It's the best we can do right now.

Remember me?

Like this?

at_beadedlaceorn2009.png
    100 x 100 - 25K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just like that. :lol:

!Avatar_04.jpg
    100 x 100 - 9K
    edited December 1969

yeah I bought the supersuit pro bundle but have buckly's chance of downloading any of it :cry: reset twice already not that unusual with my 3G broadband Friday night, will try again early Sunday morning
    but what is frustrating
    is my Android will easily download the Mac zips!
    if only
    a) I had a Mac
    B) a landline (will maybe in July/August) job willing
    c) Daz did PC zips!

I don't know how to use my Android well enough to attempt to download anything. I know how to use the airhorn app though. Whenever I'm on a road trip with my nephew I impress the heck out of him with my airhorn skills.:roll:

I want that suit, but my next check isn't until June 13.

edited December 1969

Ooooh...I like biting! :vampire:

Good, Harry. You're still crazy.

edited December 1969

Whyyyyyy does everything have to be so expensive? :'(

Because everybody thinks they have a better use for it than we do.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Just like that. :lol:

Okay, now I've got it, but I keep forgetting to attach it. I think I'll look for IE add-ons and see if there is one that will change these colors.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited December 1969

I just spent a hour plus checking the Windows approved addons for IE and never found one to do it. If you find one let me know.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

I posted some stuff on it in the stupid thread inc piccys but asking here, how many of you got the supersuit AND DS4.5 and are you having issues? getting to the point I may reinstall the previous build, this last one is supposed to enable Carrara compatibility for more Genesis stuff but really more trouble than it is worth.
    smart content useless, need to load everything from content directory inc Genesis.
    the supersuit giving the most issues.
    can get it on Genesis and preload morphs and materials done but certainly not using smart content
    it replaces Genesis so need to reload it and cannot from smart content, files not found.
    but content directory finds it.
    GenX not working either but does in my old 32bit version that cannot now find Genesis in smart content either but I changed nothing, just installed the new 64bit

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I just spent a hour plus checking the Windows approved addons for IE and never found one to do it. If you find one let me know.

I'm going to work on the accessibility/css angle later today. Right now I've got to rescue the baby. I let him read (demolish) his mom's new TV Guide yesterday and she's PO'd big time--at me and him.

This should put me at 26 posts.

edited December 1969

old at 26! we grow up fast
    took me 100posts on Reallusion to become a senior
    (I am a tutor now believe it or not! prob because I did some tutorials after finding Carrara rigging imports into iClone so posted them to try and get the non-3dsMAX users into our fold!)

edited December 1969

Wendy my dear, The DS4.5 will not live with DS4 at all. The info said to uninstall all other versions of DS4 or the DS4.5 would do it for you. It also said none of the DS4 plugins would work. Those two things kept me from installing it on my PC. I can see why you wished to try it, the Carrara fix it said it had. AS for the SuperSuit. It's a major wishlist item, or it would be if I was not one of the users that has a broken wishlist.

I'm just now starting to play with DS4 for some renders. I'm a Newbe again, about the only thing I know how to do is install content.

edited December 1969

well that makes it easy!
    thx Jeff, it is coming off my computer!!!!
    hope it hasn't permanentely mucked anything up!!

edited December 1969

Will Studio automatically rollback to 4 or will you have to reinstall it?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

You will need to reinstall it.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Kitty had to go todayt. Sad

edited December 1969

I know it's sad, but just remember how it pottied everywhere, Jacob.

edited December 1969

Kitty had to go todayt. Sad

I'm sorry to hear that LOH.

Well, I broke down and bought the darn Supersuit. I will now be working my butt off to design my characters for my comic book again. Thank the powers that be that I saved everything in scene files. With the Supersuit the G-Suit and all my collected junk my characters can all now move to Genesis shapes. I will need to build a texture for one of them but when LookAtMyHair comes out he will look just the way I always wanted him to.

edited December 1969

Ah ha, Fast Reply I can't attach anything. Evidently for quickies with no bells or whistles. Note to self: Don't use Fast Reply.

Hmmm, is there a 30000 character limit per post? I wonder what happens when I type the 30000th character.

I'm just checking out some of features we've got now. Better get dressed, eat lunch, and work on something productive.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited December 1969

I'm anxious for LAMH to come out too. I see you don't need any energy bars, Jaderail. Just a Supersuit really perks up your juices.
    :-)

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I'm anxious for LAMH to come out too. I see you don't need any energy bars, Jaderail. Just a Supersuit really perks up your juices.

but there is no Daz llama to use LAMH on???
    (and the Dali Llama has very little hair)
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

I'm a superhero geek from way back, I think I have every hero related item I can find on the net. I dont do any fan stuff so I do not know why I installed it all. :red: I started on a Comic last year but burned out when my E-mail died on me. Barry was going to help me with my dialog and then poof no more email. LycanthropX gave me some tips and so did Isoskol, great artist, and then I switched PC's. It took me months to get back to a full setup. But NOW I'm ready again.

So I guess you could say I'm PERKED!

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

but there is no Daz llama to use LAMH on???
    (and the Dali Llama has very little hair)
    What? You again.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2012

AtticAnne said:
    Ah ha, Fast Reply I can't attach anything. Evidently for quickies with no bells or whistles. Note to self: Don't use Fast Reply.

Hmmm, is there a 30000 character limit per post? I wonder what happens when I type the 30000th character.

I'm just checking out some of features we've got now. Better get dressed, eat lunch, and work on something productive.

Ann, what happens is for every character past the 30,000 it takes on off, so you get a display saying -71 (well that was the number I got) and then when I posted it It stopped, halfway through the last paragraph.

See my first post in the May New Users contest thread to see what I mean.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    AtticAnne said:

I'm a superhero geek from way back, I think I have every hero related item I can find on the net. I dont do any fan stuff so I do not know why I installed it all. :red: I started on a Comic last year but burned out when my E-mail died on me. Barry was going to help me with my dialog and then poof no more email. LycanthropX gave me some tips and so did Isoskol, great artist, and then I switched PC's. It took me months to get back to a full setup. But NOW I'm ready again.

I raised 3 superhero geeks, so I understand a little of how you work. DD made her husband take her to Austin Books yesterday so she could buy a Wonder Woman bracelet. Most of my grandkids are into superheroes too.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited December 1969

Why don't we have a Daz llama?

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    AtticAnne said:

Ann, what happens is for every character past the 30,000 it takes on off, so you get a display saying -71 (well that was the number I got) and then when I posted it It stopped, halfway through the last paragraph.

See my first post in the May New Users contest thread to see what I mean.

I had read that thread, but not through the notification section. I thought maybe the site would blow up, the computer would catch on fire, or Daz would give the poster a really nice coupon. Hmph! Just cut someone off like that...how rude.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Jaderail said:
    AtticAnne said:

I raised 3 superhero geeks, so I understand a little of how you work. DD made her husband take her to Austin Books yesterday so she could buy a Wonder Woman bracelet. Most of my grandkids are into superheroes too.

Everybody loves a good superhero. My kids really love them. I was never into the comic's. I'm dyslexic and reading takes forever. I watch all the movies though and loved every one.

edited December 1969

Frank I'll try to do some you can enjoy. I had a G.I. Joe that was ALL pictures, the story told itself.
    I need BARRY!! Anyone know if the dude is around? I bet he is off playing another GAME again.
    P.S. Barry I told you my E-mail is working please get in touch. If you read the thread you know why.

!Avatar_04.jpg
    100 x 100 - 9K