Auto Fit Question

GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am running DS Pro 4.6. Sometimes, when I pull Poser clothing, say for V4 and try to apply it to Genesis 2, everything works as expected. Other times, my only choice for figure is Unsupported and Genesis. Then the figure might or might not conform properly. Has anyone else experienced this and who knows the solution? I should always see M4, V4 and Genesis as options at the very least right?

Please advise if you can.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited June 2013

You will only see those options in Autofit if you bought this item : http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

Otherwise the only clothing that will Autofit to Genesis 2 is Genesis 1 clothing

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited June 2013

You will only see those options in Autofit if you bought this item : http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

Otherwise the only clothing that will Autofit to Genesis 2 is Genesis 1 clothing

I've seen this occur when I have the clothing selected instead of the character.

If you have the character selected you should at least see the genesis option if you own the V4 converter you should see both options

Edit to add: I just reread your post if it is intermittently occurring it sounds like a bug and I would suggest filing a bug report.

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

I've seen this occur when I have the clothing selected instead of the character.

If you have the character selected you should at least see the genesis option if you own the V4 converter you should see both options

Edit to add: I just reread your post if it is intermittently occurring it sounds like a bug and I would suggest filing a bug report.

Hmmmm, I guess this was the plan all along. New Genesis version, new plugins to make it work like all the other Genesis content so far. Feeling grouchy about this all of a sudden.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited June 2013

I found some problems about auto-fit dialogue too.
    Now I have two clothings A and B.
    both are made and saved for Gen2F shape.

1. ClothingA fit to Gen2F . (there is no auto-fit dialogue)
    2 I try clothingB fit to clothingA which already fit to gen2,

3 we must see auto-fit dialogue, and may select type none,,
    there seems Auto fit conversion .

(But I think,, when the rig positon, and named same,,
    we have never need Auto-fit defomation and never see Auto-fit dialogue
    between triax figures About Gen1 and other clothings. the behavor is useful
    for layer fashon. we can controll outer clothing by inner clothing generated morphs,
    and hide inner clothingA.
    not only rely on Genesis morph and genesis shape, and not need to change rigs
    eg ghost rigs can keep,,,)

4 after that, from parameter tab, if I change ClothingB fit to gen2.
    it show auto-fit dialogue again. it means,, Clothing B change clothing for Clothing A only,, I think.
    (even though there is no real conversion,, when re Auto-fit gen2F.

I do not know,, what cause this problem,, but About product for Gen2F,
    they can fit to Gen2F only, or demand Auto-fit defomation,
    even though there is no intention for user.

Already Sickly Yard send bug report about this problem
    I think,, the irregular behavor of Auto-fit dialogue have relevance this problem,,,

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

I found some problems about auto-fit dialogue too.
    Now I have two clothings A and B.
    both are made and saved for Gen2F shape.

1. ClothingA fit to Gen2F . (there is no auto-fit dialogue)
    2 I try clothingB fit to clothingA which already fit to gen2,

3 we must see auto-fit dialogue, and may select type none,,
    there seems Auto fit conversion .

(But I think,, when the rig positon, and named same,,
    we have never need Auto-fit defomation and never see Auto-fit dialogue
    between triax figures About Gen1 and other clothings. the behavor is useful
    for layer fashon. we can controll outer clothing by inner clothing generated morphs,
    and hide inner clothingA.
    not only rely on Genesis morph and genesis shape, and not need to change rigs
    eg ghost rigs can keep,,,)

4 after that, from parameter tab, if I change ClothingB fit to gen2.
    it show auto-fit dialogue again. it means,, Clothing B change clothing for Clothing A only,, I think.
    (even though there is no real conversion,, when re Auto-fit gen2F.

I do not know,, what cause this problem,, but About product for Gen2F,
    they can fit to Gen2F only, or demand Auto-fit defomation,
    even though there is no intention for user.

Already Sickly Yard send bug report about this problem
    I think,, the irregular behavor of Auto-fit dialogue have relevance this problem,,,

sounds like a bug then....
  • Kyu2130Kyu2130 Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

Ok so this is a quick render with a V4 oufit on V6 using V4 shape and the auto fit. The boots fit superbly but on the arms everything is off. I'm gonna say the auto fit for V6 is hit and miss because on some other outfits ive tried over the last 2 days i've had mixed results. Sometimes the boots wont line up and some sometime its both arms and feet apparel but the main body outfits always fit.

testing.png
    1080 x 1700 - 419K
    edited December 1969

kyu2130 said:
    Ok so this is a quick render with a V4 oufit on V6 using V4 shape and the auto fit. The boots fit superbly but on the arms everything is off. I'm gonna say the auto fit for V6 is hit and miss because on some other outfits ive tried over the last 2 days i've had mixed results. Sometimes the boots wont line up and some sometime its both arms and feet apparel but the main body outfits always fit.
    I haven't used V6 much but that does look odd. Let me try with something that is similar. I don't have that particular item...I least I think I don't. Too much stuff and I still haven't installed the non daz stuff since the arrival of DIM.
    edited June 2013

Okay...I had a play but I'm not seeing the same results you are getting. Everything I have tried has worked so far. Here are some images

I did learn something new that I hadn't realised before about using smoothing though. There was minor pokethru on the coat so I tried adding weight by making it .70 and it made it worse so I reduced it to about .4 and that improved it without changing the smoothing iterations. So there is something useful to know.

Can you please outline your process? Which template are you using?

Are you sure that is V4? It looks very similar to a lot of outfits I have for V3....3D has fashions changes just like the real world. ; )

bracers_test_1_conversion.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 114K
    raiver_coat_test_1_conversion.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 103K
    malvadatest_1_conversion_closseup.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 159K
    malvadatest_1_conversion.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 107K
    pixiedusttest_1_conversion.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 105K
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • marco.cattaneomarco.cattaneo Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Hi all,

I'm really new to DS 4.6 and just got stuck on probably a very simple issue. I've AutoFitted a number of The Mage and The Mage Celestial clothes to Genesis, and it all looked okay-ish a couple of days okay, although there were some small fitting mistakes near the bottom of the Tunic. However, when I try to double-click any of the clothes now, nothing happens... No error message, no clothes visible on Genesis, absolutely nothing. Any idea? I've tried reinstalling the Mage and Celestial Mage again, but it doesn't seem to solve the problem. Please note that all the Mage objects and the Mage Celestial objects are displayed in the Michael 4 folder, but I do not have Michael 4 as yet, as it is my understanding that the AutoFit tool should work. Anyway, I hope that someone knows what's happening here, as it's probably something really simple. I'm also a bit confused about the difference between Genesis and Genesis 2... How do I know which one I'm using? Ah well, we all have to start somewhere I guess.

Ciao,

Marco

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

Are you sure it's the clothes and not their material settings that you are double-clicking?

edited December 1969

Richard,

Yes, I'm definitely clicking on the clothes and not the materials.

First I select:

>> DAZ Studio Formats >> My DAZ 3D Library >> People >> Genesis >> Genesis.duf

Then I select:

>> DAZ Studio Formats >> My DAZ 3D Library >> People >> Michael 4 >> Clothing >> The Mage >> TMgTunicDS.DS

I'm sure this worked a couple of days ago, but somehow nothing is happening anymore. The Auto-Fit interfaces do not pop-up anymore.

Ciao,

Marco

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

>> DAZ Studio Formats >> My DAZ 3D Library >> People >> Michael 4 >> Clothing >> The Mage >> TMgTunicDS.DS

The Mage is a Poser Formats item for Michael 4, and what you are trying to load is a msterial for it from the DAZ Studio Formats area. If you have Genesis selected, you wont get an error message, but if you deselct everything in the scene, then try to load that item, you will get an error message telling you that the object needs to be loaded first.

The item you are looking for, will be in Poser Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > Figures, and it is a Poser CR2 file.

edited December 1969

JimmyC_2009,

Thanks for that - that worked :)

Ciao,

Marco