Transferring Morphs from Genesis to G2M/G2F and from G2M/G2F to Genesis (Now with Clones!)

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited July 2013

dkgoose said:
    I chose morph then selected the basic genesis shape I made using kat try's tutorial, also, sorry if my image size is wrong, wasn't sure if smaller dimensions were ok or if they had to be exact

This gave me the best results so far. Also you might want to try this:

Load up your Genesis 02 Female,
    Go to the "Hidden" morphs (In the Properties menu, click on the "Show Hidden Properties" and they will appear)
    Dial the Genesis Clone to 100%

This will match Genesis 01 100% so your morphs will come over nice and clean.

Use the settings below and see how it goes.

Since I'm transferring my Bruno and Female shapes over I have a bit more work to do like export to ZBrush and smoothing bits out here and there and then import as a new morph but it's not too bad once I got the work flow going right. Got all the female shapes done.

TransferUtilitySettings-Bens_Tutorial.jpg
    496 x 583 - 67K
    Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

A little side note. Something I'm noticing is that my face morphs I created all are over the top at 100%. At 75% they look as they should. This is using the default Gene-02 Female shape along with them. This is just for the female head shapes so far. I'm really pleased with how well they all came over.

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited December 1969

[Thanks ben but I don't think this works. Have you been able to pick a clothing type when you did autofit?

I tried it again, twice to make sure. I still don't see the autofit options showing up. Yes I get to pick Genesis or V4/V4 skirt as the source, but I don't get to pick the content type. So this is the same as I was before. I don't think it is required to pick content type as actor in the TU, you can pick that option when you save the figure asset and I think it does the same thing. (though if you do it in the TU, you won't have to do it when you save file as it will already be set properly)

So our saved figure still doesn't know how to use the projection templates. This is a problem for shoes, for sure. I think some clothing types wont matter because I typically leave the content type set to none unless it's shoes or dresses anyway.

But I can use the work around method for now. So it's not a total bust.

Ah, I dont know for V4 autofit, dont have V4 for G2F product.

Ok, after some time of "doing stuff", fresh starts :D etc. heres what i think about G2F autofit for Genesis. No mater what I did, I couldnt make autofit work for G2F after the morph transfer with transfer utility, if I left Post Transfrer Options content type empty, unchecked. As soon as transfer was finished, autofit was gone for that G2F. So my imagination decided that by leaving content type empty i just told DS that this content I created is empty, "nothing" and thus can hardly have its own autofit. Its OK for props and clothes because autofit for them is in figures they are fited to, so they dont need their own autofit. But, ofc, its not ok for main figures to which stuff should be fitted, they need their own. Perhaps theres some way to add autofit later, but I dont know it.

So, after I activated, checked Post Transfer Options in transfer utility and set it to Actor, G2F autofit for genesis was still there and working fine after the transfer. When I set it to Actor/character autofit wasnt working. And I used morph-genesis as target item shape, didnt try with clone.

Also, saving G2F to which you transfered morphs with post transfer option content type Actor as Support Asset - Figure/Prop Assets will ofc make a figure/prop, BUT & however it wont make just that. It will also save all morphs to the base morph folder of Genesis 2. Which means (at least it did for me) that after that original (new) G2F you load through smart content will have transfered morphs already inside parameters tab/actor without any transfers. So, if you dont want that, dont save it or save it without post transfer options active during transfer. If you want that to happen, you might wanna make sure that all morphs are 0 (except hidden ones), non active, that you have default G2F shape before you save it as figure/prop. Because there is possibility, if it transfers active morphs in base G2F folder, you wont get base shape when you load new G2F. But, I did not try that, so dunno.

Autofit for Genesis works on new G2F with morphs already in parameters tab and I dont know if saving morphs to G2F base morph folder can somehow "break" the V4 for G2F autofit, so, larsmidnatt, you might want to try making morph transfer with transfer utility setting Content type Actor activated and target item shape morph genesis, than check if autofit for Genesis is working on that G2F and save it as figure/prop, even if V4 for G2F autofit isnt working for that same G2F. Because both autofiters might work on new original G2F that you load from smart content with morphs already in.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:

It seams that post transfer options Content Type needs to be checked (active) in transfer utility in order for auto-fit to work on G2F after the transfer.

I have that option grayed out. Could it be because I don't have CMS installed?
    Mine is grayed out until I put G1 and G2F into source and target. Than just selection option is grayed out, until I activate content type. It could be because CMS is not there. I think content type goes straight to smart content but im not sure.
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited June 2013

@ ben Did you see my post, I got it to work fine now?\

My custom saved Genesis 2 female can wear genesis 2 clothes, genesis 1 and V4 with autofit. And the results are the same as if I was using the default Genesis 2 female. So I think the issue is resolved. Thanks for digging in, we went different paths but now I think we are covered.

Even if you don't have V4 for Genesis, you can get the genesis autofit working for Genesis 2 by following my steps.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24093/P165/#360242

@ Kattey if you feel it fits somewhere feel free to add a link to my auto fit post for others to reference.

Side note, I hate the CMS and I hate smart content. I don't use smart content. But I do have the CMS installed because Daz made it required basically to fully use the software....I like to use the search function and that only works if the CMS is installed :( I had the CMS un-installed for months and only recently reinstalled it during 4.6 because I was missing search.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    For aging morphs would we do the each morph seperately, if so, can u use morph loader to transfer all of them at once? I tried the method by ben98120000 but the posing does funky things to the body

Which options did you use in transfer utility?
    edited December 1969

@ ben Did you see my post, I got it to work fine now?\
    I did see it after I posted mine. :D Great that you found solution.
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited June 2013

Genesis 2 and Victoria 6 for Genesis by CauriB
    Just bringing to everybody's attention that CauriB did a RTEncoded shape/morph/autofit transfers from G2F back to Genesis.
    The link is in signature.

larsmidnatt, I've added links to your and ben98120000 tutorials into the first post of the thread :)
    Tell me if I forgot to link anything

Post edited by Kattey on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,148
    edited December 1969

Even Freak 5 works on Genesis 2. Thanks again Kattey!!!!

Genesis_2_Freak_PS.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 1M
    edited December 1969

"Genesis" in the Autofit dialog seems to work on Genesis 02 as well. Just tested out one of Adzan's items he made for Hiro 3 that I had converted over to Genesis.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Sorry kattey for messing up your name in the one post, I use my iphone for Internet and autocorrect changes sometimes go unnoticed, and thank you ramwolff and Larsmidnatt for the tips, I haven't got to try ramwolff's way yet but will tonight

edited December 1969

Big Girls are Sexy Too! :-)

Using the Belle skin with makeup 05. Fashion Hair. Adzans tunic autofitted. My Female Shape 02 and one of the poses but changed it up quite a bit. Working out pretty well! Might consider redoing the morphs again though. Like that I don't have to apply the "Genesis" morph to any of the body fixes or face shape morphs to get what I want but the full body morphs .... don't like what the hands are doing. Since Genesis' default is sort of a claw and Gene-02 Female hand position is straight out it makes the hand position presets a bit odd here and there. Oh well.

BigGirlsAreSexyToo.jpg
    736 x 841 - 54K
  • timnaastimnaas Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

Hello All
    I'm trying to use Ben98120000 method of transferring morph and have a little problem. For some reason nothing show up in the extended options box. Does anybody have any ideas as to why that is? I clicked accept and it didn't do anything to G2 so nothing. Any info would be great
    Windows7 64 and latest Pro4.6 installed
    Thanks

G1_morph_Transfer_to_G2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 520K
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Big Girls are Sexy Too! :-)

Since Genesis' default is sort of a claw and Gene-02 Female hand position is straight out it makes the hand position presets a bit odd here and there. Oh well.

Did you make your own Genesis morph that has the adjusted hands? You are correct about the pose, but if you have your own genesis morph that has the corrected bones, you can dial it in and it looks better than the default...

edited December 1969

timnaas said:
    Hello All
    I'm trying to use Ben98120000 method of transferring morph and have a little problem. For some reason nothing show up in the extended options box. Does anybody have any ideas as to why that is? I clicked accept and it didn't do anything to G2 so nothing. Any info would be great
    Thanks

Select Morph targets to get extended options. And be sure to uncheck fit to source when you get that far. Right now you have Region options highlighed.

edited June 2013

See my post below. Sorry!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    From what you posted you have the Region Groups selected. That should be left unchecked. Only the Morph Targets and the Reverse Source Shape from Target should be checked off. In the Morph Targets you will want to switch the check marks. Have the Projection Template Morphs unchecked and the Source Morphs checked.

I don't use Reverse Source Shape personally, works perfectly for me without it. There may be a reason it works for RamWolf, not sure of the differences in steps...

edited June 2013

RAMWolff said:

I don't have to apply the "Genesis" .... don't like what the hands are doing.

What genesis are you applying the clone one that is originally hidden? Or one you tweaked that has the bones readjusted to the fingers.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    Sorry kattey for messing up your name in the one post, I use my iphone for Internet and autocorrect changes sometimes go unnoticed, and thank you ramwolff and Larsmidnatt for the tips, I haven't got to try ramwolff's way yet but will tonight

Don't worry about this, everything is ok :)
    edited December 1969

timnaas said:
    Hello All
    Thanks

From what you posted you have the Region Groups selected. That should be left unchecked. Only the Morph Targets and the Reverse Source Shape from Target should be checked off. In the Morph Targets you will want to switch the check marks. Have the Projection Template Morphs unchecked and the Source Morphs checked.

edited December 1969

Also if you set the shape on 'default' instead of 'morph' or 'clone', I believe you won't be able to customize those options; at least Reverse Shape might not work.

edited December 1969

Redid the main Bruno and Female morphs again with my straight hand morph. Set up Genesis 01 with a straightened out hand too and then in the transfer used the "Current" option so it matched the Genesis 02 straight hand morph I created. I did go into ZBrush and brushed back in the default Genesis 02 face so everything would morph right there.

Bruno, using the Bruno face 2 and 3. Came out rather well. I'm on my way to being done with this.

Gene-02-MuscleBruno.jpg
    741 x 910 - 46K
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff, looks good to me :)
    The only thing...are pectorals supposed to be like that?

edited December 1969

Yes, actually. Many muscular men have a bit of fatty tissue in the front of the pec. Only bodybuilders that are on a strict no fat diet will NOT have some of that extra. I see enough of it at the gym! lol

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited June 2013

OMG this thread is AWESOME!!
    I just used Kattey's method, (first post ) to rig an iClone obj export of a character that now has all Genesis's morphs on it's original mesh and can wear Daz clothes

gwynn177.png
    800 x 640 - 134K
    gwynn002.png
    800 x 640 - 96K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

wendy♥catz, on the last picture figure and clothes look distorted, is it supposed to be like that in iClone?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited June 2013

I forgot to have interactive update on the smoothing modifier and MSLycan kinda broke it
    rendered an animation now with it enabled but still lags in adjustment
    http://youtu.be/UEXF1QpBv9s
    prob need higher settings or slower mprphing
    was just a frame grab to show the morph

and yes the fingers are badly rigged
    (would need much skinnier Genesis ones or weight-painting to fix)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Ah, who needs Genesis 02 Male anyways?? LOL

Here's Chunky 02 showing off the Bruno morph panel. I just got RAWN's fabulous pose pack and this one is just too fabulous! Panel items are all now color coded. Morphs are actually improved over the Genesis 01's! I guess I'm moving forward.

Chunky02-ShowingOffTheBrunoMorphs.jpg
    1136 x 927 - 208K
    edited June 2013

Panel items are all now color coded.
    Um, you can do it in DS 4.5 by yourself, if I'm not mistaken.

Ah, who needs Genesis 02 Male anyways??

I'm sticking with rerigged original Genesis; will not spend money on gender-segregated 'Genesis'.
    Post edited by Kattey on
    edited June 2013

On the first reply, I realize that but as a freebie person with as many morphs as I've made it actually helps me keep them more organized in the sub categories. The Female category has something similar going on. The morph files actually has all this information written into them so I don't have to worry about folks being as lost as I was at one point. Great idea from DAZ!

BigStrongGirl-ShowingOffTheBrunoMorphs.jpg
    1098 x 913 - 153K