Can you use part of a full body morph?

Kid_KaboomKid_Kaboom Posts: 20
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello! I tried looking this up but wasn't quite sure how to word it,
so apologies if it's been answered previously.

So, I have my genesis figure and I find this full body morph that has really cool legs BUT I don't like what it does to the rest of the body.
Is there any way to "tell" (for lack of knowledge or words) Daz to only morph part of the genesis figure? In this case, telling a full body morph
to only morph the legs?

I'm guessing it can't do this, but I have to ask since it'd save me some work, thanks~

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Not within DS, assuming it's Genesis - the only way to do it would be to export both the base shape and the morphed shape as OBJ and then use a modeller to apply the morph to part of the base shape, leaving the rest unchanged, then load that as a new morph.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Try expanding the "skeleton" of the Genesis figure (the little [ + ] beside the figure in the scene tab); click on each individual part of the legs & see if the morph shows up in the parameters tab.

• Kid_KaboomKid_Kaboom Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Not within DS, assuming it's Genesis - the only way to do it would be to export both the base shape and the morphed shape as OBJ and then use a modeller to apply the morph to part of the base shape, leaving the rest unchanged, then load that as a new morph.

It is genesis, yes! It's a great figure to play around with in tandem with GoZ and Zbrush, or so I'm starting to realize.
    It sounds a little complex but I'll try what you suggest, tinkering around with tools is half the fun after all (at least if there's progress.)
    Thanks!

• Kid_KaboomKid_Kaboom Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Try expanding the "skeleton" of the Genesis figure (the little [ + ] beside the figure in the scene tab); click on each individual part of the legs & see if the morph shows up in the parameters tab.

Thanks for the suggestion! It's giving me is the default General, display and pose control options
    without parameters for the morph in question, so no luck there sadly.
    Richard mentioned exporting models and doing some magic in a separate program so I'll try that next.
    Piece of cake, right?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Dial the morph to full and save it out as a new morph, but only select the regions that you want affected in the window that pops up.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Dial the morph to full and save it out as a new morph, but only select the regions that you want affected in the window that pops up.

Ah! That's a good tip! :)