Figuring Out What A Product Is- (Not In Smart Content) When Only Has Abbreviations

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited December 1969 in New Users

I've got a surfboard, ball, and towel and it's a B25SBball (for example) I've found B25 products on the site, but not any of these beach things. I know how to click and get the product/ files that work with this- over in Smart Content, . How do you tell what the name of the PRODUCT is over in Content Library? It gets frustrating. Aka MH is Magna Hart, BG is Bad Guy, etc. Neither search turns up anything using the stupid search function. And of course, there's no information when I right click on it in the My Library when I do a search on my computer in My Library- just the same abbreviation. Arrrrgh. How do you know what's what?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

B25 is Short for Bobbie25 so check the vendor for Items you have bought from them. You can then RENAME the folder in Content and the content will still work.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2013

Do you own this? it comes with a board, ball, and towel.
    http://www.daz3d.com/surfer-v4

/edit
    Beat while getting the link. Lol

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Yep, that's it!
    I typed in "beach" I typed in "Surf" I typed in "surfboard" I typed in "beachball"....SIGH.
    I'm doing products in my art studio thread, and put those in a quickie scene then was like, "uh oh...."
    I typed in B25 and there was only 11 products, and this wasn't one of them. And the B25 stuff wasn't by Bobbie it was Out Of Touch, etc. Geez, this is gonna be a pain with thousands of products. Which leads me to this question-

What does resetting the content mean? Once you use something, you take it back OUT of the studio. I need to cover that in my thread as I don't really know what it entails either. Is it just deleting something, do you go into the Content Management Service?

And thanks folks!
    Cathie

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Yep, that's it!
    I typed in "beach" I typed in "Surf" I typed in "surfboard" I typed in "beachball"....SIGH.
    I'm doing products in my art studio thread, and put those in a quickie scene then was like, "uh oh...."
    I typed in B25 and there was only 11 products, and this wasn't one of them. And the B25 stuff wasn't by Bobbie it was Out Of Touch, etc. Geez, this is gonna be a pain with thousands of products. Which leads me to this question-

What does resetting the content mean? Once you use something, you take it back OUT of the studio. I need to cover that in my thread as I don't really know what it entails either. Is it just deleting something, do you go into the Content Management Service?

And thanks folks!
    Cathie

Resetting the database means emptying it out -- the content is still installed, but the CMS database is empty.