Shape Shift for Genesis and Genesis2 - Now Available (Commercial)

Comments

• RiffulRifful Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I wasn't originally going to get this based on the images I saw, but the sale made me take a closer look at it, and the promo video sold me. It's an amazing product.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757
    edited December 1969

For a $5 price difference, the Bundle was an easy decision... and I haven't even bit the bullet on V6 yet.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited June 2013

cjdean said:
    I wasn't originally going to get this based on the images I saw, but the sale made me take a closer look at it, and the promo video sold me. It's an amazing product.

Thanks:) Yes the images couldn't really capture\explain what the product did. I struggled with that. Its functions could only really be done by showing them in action. I too looked at the promo's at first and thought "So what am I looking at exactly and what the hell does this product even do?" Lol, hense why I made a video as well just to be safe:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • sfaa69sfaa69 Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

The video was a great idea! Watching it was the clincher for me. The only question I had was should I go with Genesis, which already has so many morphs I have lost track of them, or Genesis2, which I am not yet committed to and am not sure how deeply into it I want to go. The bundle won since I just could not decide, and it really is a good deal.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

For a $5 price difference, the Bundle was an easy decision... and I haven't even bit the bullet on V6 yet.

Same here! Thanks for the great discounts this weekend. Unfortunately I was unable to make much use of the "buy any other and get the rest at a discount" as I already have all except one item of your store! (But it's great for other people who may have more scope.)
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Thanks very much for making these - your products have been such excellent additions to Genesis, and I've bought most of them.

As, after due consideration, I've decided I will be staying with original Genesis and NOT using or buying anything for Genesis 2 (or products for both which cost more than I'd pay for a Genesis only version) I'm glad to see you intend to keep producing Genesis versions of new products alongside Genesis 2 ones, and hope the sales numbers allow you to continue to do that.

(I don't suppose this would fit into any of your upcoming projects, but the one morph/set of morphs I'd really jump at right now is one to reduce the V5 Supermodel bust down to petite breast sizes. The Breast Small morph works fine on Genesis Basic female or V4 shape, and not so bad on straight V5, but is not adequate for the Supermodel.)

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    Thanks very much for making these - your products have been such excellent additions to Genesis, and I've bought most of them.

As, after due consideration, I've decided I will be staying with original Genesis and NOT using or buying anything for Genesis 2 (or products for both which cost more than I'd pay for a Genesis only version) I'm glad to see you intend to keep producing Genesis versions of new products alongside Genesis 2 ones, and hope the sales numbers allow you to continue to do that.

(I don't suppose this would fit into any of your upcoming projects, but the one morph/set of morphs I'd really jump at right now is one to reduce the V5 Supermodel bust down to petite breast sizes. The Breast Small morph works fine on Genesis Basic female or V4 shape, and not so bad on straight V5, but is not adequate for the Supermodel.)

Have you tried changing (or even turning off) the limits on the Breasts Small morph? Or is it something more than a simple size change?

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    DavidGB said:

Have you tried changing (or even turning off) the limits on the Breasts Small morph? Or is it something more than a simple size change?

The Breast Small morph works fine on e.g. the Basic Female morph, the V4 morph and fairly well on the basic V5 morph. Unfortunately the V5 Supermodel doesn't just grow but also reshapes the breast, especially the lower breast in terms of creating a deep 'overhang and undercut'. Breast Small will shrink it a bit, but if one takes it over limits the changed shape comes into effect and Bad Things happen: breast small just doesn't contain anything to lift the lower part back up and deal with the crease. So it's not possible to actually get a petite breast with it. One gets the same thing with dialling up the V4 shape and V4 Elite Utopian (in fact, V4 with Elite Utopian at 0.5 is very similar to V5 supermodel at 1).

It's rather annoying that there is a certain kind of supposedly 'slim, athletic' morph that various people have produced variations on - V5 Supermodel, V4 Elite Utopian, V4 Fitness, GND4, Alice - which invariably come with large breasts that the figure's small breast morphs won't reduce to petite size, despite the fact that breast fat is amongst the first to go on slimming in women, so this body type actually should come with small breasts barring implants.

Anyway - I think I'm finally getting towards what I want using V4 base shape with some V4 Elite Sylph (via GenX), rather than V5 Supermodel or V4 Elite Utopian, and then a bunch of local area morphs including several from the pack this thread is about ...

But it still annoys me that morphs like V5 Supermodel ALWAYS come with big breasts that the normal 'small' morphs don't work on, WITHOUT their own small morph that actually compensates for what the morph has done to the breast shape, and especially as 'Supermodels' - as opposed to 'glamour models' - are mostly actually very small breasted! (And it also annoys me that whenever they do an FBM Bodybuilder/Muscular morph for a female only figure - like V2, Steph, V3, Steph 3, V4 and now Genesis 2 Female (only Genesis is an exception, presumably because it isn't a female only figure) - they get the proportions between arms and legs totally wrong. Always. Huge legs and skinny little arms (if defined while skinny) that would have any woman like that laughed out of any bodybuilding or Fitness contest, where all body parts have to be BALANCED. Usually it takes max arm thickening morphs and max leg thinning morphs to get close to balance, rather than starting balanced to allow easy top or bottom heavy morphing. Has nobody at DAZ ever looked at a picture of any female bodybuilder and/or fitness women before creating or approving a female Bodybuilder morph? It is seriously difficult to dial up not just bodybuilders, but strong, balanced athletic types like many 100m runners or a heptathlete like Jessica Ennis. With the DAZ morphs one ends with something hideously unbalanced that looks like some failed genetic engineering experiment. This Zev0 pack really helps trying to balance legs and arms.)

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    riftwitch said:
    DavidGB said:

The Breast Small morph works fine on e.g. the Basic Female morph, the V4 morph and fairly well on the basic V5 morph. Unfortunately the V5 Supermodel doesn't just grow but also reshapes the breast, especially the lower breast in terms of creating a deep 'overhang and undercut'. Breast Small will shrink it a bit, but if one takes it over limits the changed shape comes into effect and Bad Things happen: breast small just doesn't contain anything to lift the lower part back up and deal with the crease. So it's not possible to actually get a petite breast with it. One gets the same thing with dialling up the V4 shape and V4 Elite Utopian (in fact, V4 with Elite Utopian at 0.5 is very similar to V5 supermodel at 1).

It's rather annoying that there is a certain kind of supposedly 'slim, athletic' morph that various people have produced variations on - V5 Supermodel, V4 Elite Utopian, V4 Fitness, GND4, Alice - which invariably come with large breasts that the figure's small breast morphs won't reduce to petite size, despite the fact that breast fat is amongst the first to go on slimming in women, so this body type actually should come with small breasts barring implants.

Anyway - I think I'm finally getting towards what I want using V4 base shape with some V4 Elite Sylph (via GenX), rather than V5 Supermodel or V4 Elite Utopian, and then a bunch of local area morphs including several from the pack this thread is about ...

But it still annoys me that morphs like V5 Supermodel ALWAYS come with big breasts that the normal 'small' morphs don't work on, WITHOUT their own small morph that actually compensates for what the morph has done to the breast shape, and especially as 'Supermodels' - as opposed to 'glamour models' - are mostly actually very small breasted! (And it also annoys me that whenever they do an FBM Bodybuilder/Muscular morph for a female only figure - like V2, Steph, V3, Steph 3, V4 and now Genesis 2 Female (only Genesis is an exception, presumably because it isn't a female only figure) - they get the proportions between arms and legs totally wrong. Always. Huge legs and skinny little arms (if defined while skinny) that would have any woman like that laughed out of any bodybuilding or Fitness contest, where all body parts have to be BALANCED. Usually it takes max arm thickening morphs and max leg thinning morphs to get close to balance, rather than starting balanced to allow easy top or bottom heavy morphing. Has nobody at DAZ ever looked at a picture of any female bodybuilder and/or fitness women before creating or approving a female Bodybuilder morph? It is seriously difficult to dial up not just bodybuilders, but strong, balanced athletic types like many 100m runners or a heptathlete like Jessica Ennis. With the DAZ morphs one ends with something hideously unbalanced that looks like some failed genetic engineering experiment. This Zev0 pack really helps trying to balance legs and arms.)

It sounds like you're getting close to what you want. Please post some renders when you're done; I'd like to see them.

I concur on the bodybuilding morphs. All the full-body morphs I have for bodybuilding-type figures have the legs (especially the thighs) WAY too big. On either gender. What works for me is to use the morph to get the upper body where I want, then use the lower body morph from SWOLE to bring the legs down to the size I want. The Muscularity morphs are really useful too, but it can take some time to adjust every muscle in the legs.

It would be really nice to have a set of realistic athletic morphs, for both genders, ranging from runners, gymnasts and swimmers up to bodybuilders and weightlifters (the latter two really look nothing alike, if you compare the two sports). Perhaps not just FBMs, but also for various sections of the body (arms, chest, legs, etc.).

Well, I think it's time to play a bit with Shape Shift before bed. I see a lot of potential in these morphs.

• ZenrelZenrel Posts: 245
    edited December 1969

Hey Zev, are you planning to remake "Glute and Breast Movement" for Genesis 2? Or there is a way to reuse the Genesis 1 version.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

This is Kielan, based on D5 with Sean skin and a few different face morphs etc etc. On his body there is only shapeshifter used (except for hte slight bulge)

He is very much a work in progress at this point, but this is what I did today when I started with him *smiles* I love these morphs Zev, and I am really glad I did pick up the bundle *smiles*

kielanwip.jpg
    1681 x 1258 - 201K
  • ActiveSharXActiveSharX Posts: 1
    edited July 2013

I really like shape shift, but I discovered some issues with the some thigh dials.

Thigh apart, thigh inner, thigh inner2, thigh thickness and thigh thickness2 aren't symmetric.

In the picture you see the dial thigh apart.

It would be great to see a product update with this issue corrected.

Also glute length.

shapeshift.jpg
    1071 x 719 - 334K
    Post edited by ActiveSharX on
    edited July 2013

seets said:
    I really like shape shift, but I discovered some issues with the some thigh dials.

Thigh apart, thigh inner, thigh inner2, thigh thickness and thigh thickness2 aren't symmetric.

In the picture you see the dial thigh apart.

It would be great to see a product update with this issue corrected.

Also glute length.

Will look into this now and correct them. Thanks:) I will notify as soon as the update is available.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2013

Zenrel said:
    Hey Zev, are you planning to remake "Glute and Breast Movement" for Genesis 2? Or there is a way to reuse the Genesis 1 version.

Cant really use the Gen1 version, but have no fear, the Genesis2 version is nearly complete. Will be a bit different since gen2 has breast bones. I'm adding in a few extra's. Will be two seperate products - Glute control (contains bend morphs product and glute movement) and Breast control (real breast shaping system+some morphs from the genesis1 breast movement) and will be available as a bundle.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    This is Kielan, based on D5 with Sean skin and a few different face morphs etc etc. On his body there is only shapeshifter used (except for hte slight bulge)

He is very much a work in progress at this point, but this is what I did today when I started with him *smiles* I love these morphs Zev, and I am really glad I did pick up the bundle *smiles*

Glad you find them useful:)

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited July 2013

Are these meant to show up in the Shaping Pane anywhere? I only find them digging around Parameters.

EDIT: Genesis version, haven't looked with G2 Female yet.

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • ZenrelZenrel Posts: 245
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Zenrel said:

Cant really use the Gen1 version, but have no fear, the Genesis2 version is nearly complete. Will be a bit different since gen2 has breast bones. I'm adding in a few extra's. Will be two seperate products - Glute control (contains bend morphs product and glute movement) and Breast control (real breast shaping system+some morphs from the genesis1 breast movement) and will be available as a bundle.

Thanks for that information Zev. I'll be looking forward to it once it's out! *smiles*

edited December 1969

Are these meant to show up in the Shaping Pane anywhere? I only find them digging around Parameters.

EDIT: Genesis version, haven't looked with G2 Female yet.

In shaping Tab -

Torso/Universal/Real World/Shape Shift/
    Arms/Universal/Real World/Shape Shift/
    Hip/Universal/Real World/Shape Shift/
    Legs/Universal/Real World/Shape Shift/
    Feet/Universal/Real World/Shape Shift/

Daz presets located under Presets/Characters/Shape Shift
    Poser presets located under Pose/Daz Genesis/Shape Shift

Shape Shift Genesis2

Upper Body/Real World/Shape Shift/
    Arms/Real World/Shape Shift/
    Waist/Real World/Shape Shift/
    Hip/Real World/Shape Shift/
    Legs/Real World/Shape Shift/
    Feet/Real World/Shape Shift/

Daz presets located under Presets/Characters/Genesis 2 Female/Shape Shift
    Poser presets located under Pose/Daz Genesis/Genesis 2 Female/Shape Shift

edited December 1969

OK I have fixed the morphs that had symmetry issues. Sent to DAZ and will let you know when the updated version is available for Download.

edited December 1969

Just played around with these a bit this evening, and I have to commend you on the great work. I really like how the morphs are organized, I can't post any renders yet, I have a verrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow render going on at the moment, but I'm finding them especially useful with shapes that are just a single FBM.

edited December 1969

Cool. Glad you like it. Sorry my notifications are down again so I only saw this response now lol.

edited December 1969

Ok Guys. Both versions have been updated. The readme contains the morphs that have been corrected with symmetry issues. Please re-download them, and again, sorry for any inconvenience.

• belalaruebelalarue Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Im still not getting the product to show up. there are no product notes included, so i'm assuming maybe my installation is at fault. Im unzipping the rar file to the studio folder. is that correct?

edited December 1969

Should be. PM me and I will see what is going on with your install.

edited July 2013

edited

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2013

edited

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,812
    edited December 1969

DIM shows an update for Shape Shift for Genesis 2 Female, but there's no new information in the readme. What got updated?

edited August 2013

Oh there were some symmetry issues in the groin area which were corrected on 2 to 3 morphs. The readme should have stated the changes. I requested that it did.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,812
    edited December 1969

Ah, OK.

And there was also a location change, it seems. The presets for Shape Shift are now in

- People\Genesis 2 Female\Shapes

instead of under Presets where they were before. Except the presets mostly zero shapes, rather than being shapes.

edited August 2013

Oh yes..sorry. Daz is moving all presets to the shapes location now so you probably will get updates from all my products. Thats the only change really. It is the new standard location for all presets.

Post edited by Zev0 on