Star Trek Builders Unite 4 : In a Runtime Darkly!

Comments

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited May 2013

For Windows people, I recommend PzDB from Rocketship software. While it doesn't specifically have a Find Duplicates function, displaying files in alphabetical order will certainly find a lot of duplicates.

It's a database that scans the runtimes you inform it about and automatically adds files and categorizes them. As you can set up your own groups and add your own keywords to search on, you can set up any organization you like without physically moving a thing.

It uses the Microsoft Access engine, though, so no Mac version. :-(

I'm beta-testing version 1.3 at the moment.

Oh and Paul? Thanks for adding a Tellarite to your entourage, even if she is wearing too many clothes.

Post edited by Thalek on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    For Windows people, I recommend PzDB from Rocketship software. While it doesn't specifically have a Find Duplicates function, displaying files in alphabetical order will certainly find a lot of duplicates.

It's a database that scans the runtimes you inform it about and automatically adds files and categorizes them. As you can set up your own groups and add your own keywords to search on, you can set up any organization you like without physically moving a thing.

Oh and Paul? Thanks for adding a Tellarite to your entourage, even if she is wearing too many clothes.

1.3? Have you got that version number right?

PzDB is a great program, though --best external library for both auto-categorizing and manual customization, hands down.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

:) :D

Beach_landing.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 771K
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:

1.3? Have you got that version number right?

PzDB is a great program, though --best external library for both auto-categorizing and manual customization, hands down.

Yep, I have the version number correct. I don't know when 1.3 will be released to the public; depends on what the other beta testers are finding too, after all.

I know all beta testers say this, but if you like version 1.2, you'll like 1.3 even more.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited May 2013

Yes, it's long overdue, but I finally got a new-ish 'puter and made an enemy for The Hundred Acre Quadrant! (Everybody remembers The Hundred Acre Quadrant project I let go when life got evil, right?).

Amidst general absurdity on ptrope's bridge, a voice can be heard saying:

"We are The Lovey Borg.

Your cuteness and cuddly distinctiveness will be added to our own.

We shall become the cutest and cuddliest species in the Galaxy. We will be Irresistible, thus proving that resistance is futile!"

lbrg.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 574K
    Post edited by Sockratease on
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Lol awesome borgs :)

here is page 10 of my Graphic Novella

larger version can be found at my DeviantArt account

GFO-page10sm.jpg
    776 x 1001 - 118K
  • crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

ok just playin around a model from google sketchup. who will be the first to geuss were the ship is from

seacher.jpg
    900 x 746 - 227K
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,035
    edited May 2013

The Buck Rogers in the 25th Century TV show?

Post edited by GRFK DSGN Unlimited on
    edited December 1969

dam that was quick yes the searcher from buck rogers

edited December 1969

I liked the ship. And that kind of stuff sticks out to me. LOL

edited December 1969

Where'd you get the model from?

edited December 1969

google sketchup has a free trial download. so i get the model from google3d then convert to 3ds the obj format. only do that becuase they come out the best.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/

it is stated in google3d that all models when placed on website are public domain so now sharing problems

edited December 1969

Hmmm. So are you going to share the conversion?

David

edited December 1969

send me pm with email and ill send yah the obj formt:-)

edited December 1969

one more post today

unknown captured starfleet officer

captive.jpg
    900 x 900 - 277K
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

OKay, I have just finished going through my runtime and digging out dublicate files. I know damn well I don't have them all, but I'm going to stop before I take out something I need to keep. I started out with 81.1 GB. I'm down to 78.4 GB. I've managed to trim 2.7GB of dublicate files out. It doesn't seem like much, considering what I started out with, but I'll take it. Now, tomorrow, I will install Pro 2014 and see what happens.

edited December 1969

Let us know what you think! I have lots of questions about the new version of physics. [grin]

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Don't forget to empty the wastebin ;-)

Watched TMP last night and decided to make a little extra add-on for the Patient Rooms wall.
    DA Link

WallPadPromo.jpg
    600 x 600 - 26K
    edited December 1969

Don't forget to empty the wastebin ;-)

Watched TMP last night and decided to make a little extra add-on for the Patient Rooms wall.
    DA Link

Just to let you know, that even if I don't respond to all your posts, I am watching. :-)

edited December 1969

Why do all the content sites insist on ramming install management files down your throat? Why can't we just download the files we've paid for?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

You don't have top use an install manager here. You can still download like you always have been able to. The only thing that has changed is the format of the downloads. The manager was to make everyone's life easier, but if you don't want to use it that is your choice but you can still download your products.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    You don't have top use an install manager here. You can still download like you always have been able to. The only thing that has changed is the format of the downloads. The manager was to make everyone's life easier, but if you don't want to use it that is your choice but you can still download your products.

Last time I bought stuff from Daz, I was able to. But this time, I had to go to my Internet options screen and list daz as a friendly sight before I could even get to my products history page. I finally got them, but it was a runaround I'm not crazy about.
    I always install my own files because those automatic things never put them where I can find them or want them.

edited December 1969

been looking for a good mdel of this ship-found one

serenity

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=daniel181&division_id=0&s=dd&pn=1

serinity.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 245K
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Hey, ho - new thread! :)

I figured I'd drop in and post a heads-up - I've been working on a new ship, something of a follow-up to the Crossbow-class. The modeling is, I hope ( :) ), complete; now I need to finish up the UV-mapping and then create all the texture maps. The story behind this is that the ship is actually a mirror-universe design, from the Terran Empire, which slipped through the barrier and then was captured by a Starfleet vessel; that explains some of the ... eccentricities ... of the design - it has nothing to do with the OS Romulan ship design, but its designers were of a similar mindset when it came to architecture and abilities. Now, it's a diplomatic support vessel for missions that carry the potential for ... confrontations (along with the 2 copies built by Starfleet).

(larger image on deviantArt)

Kestrel_Orthos003s.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 255K
  • AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

Messing around with toon shaders and a custom spock hair I made, I proudly present "Toon Spock!'

toon-spock.png
    854 x 938 - 547K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

green?

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited May 2013

Well it's official...one of our feebies for the Mirror universe has reached an all new level of fame!

IDW's Star Trek comic issues 015 and 016 use our pin on the cover. Note the cover large size and the collar devices!

How this pin came about is I was looking for a pin that was original and easy to use for my Mirror Universe comic. ShawdowHawk (aka Roy) took it upon himself, used his contacts and talked to a friend of his to see if she could make a pin that would be useable for us.

Well she made this: http://the-mantorian-realm.deviantart.com/#/art/Mirror-Universe-Communications-Badge-337977309?hf=1

Here is Fisty's account information: DA account : http://fistandantalia.deviantart.com/
    Please drop her a note on DA and give her a thanks.

and her stores are: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=Fisty and http://www.daz3d.com/fisty

and here is the image of the pin made for me and roy and a copy of the cover of the comic.

StarTrek_15-Preview-1.jpg
    477 x 733 - 349K
    mirror_universe_communications_badge_by_shadowhawkone-d5l80yl.jpg
    800 x 800 - 173K
    Post edited by PDSmith on
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

That's the best Spock morph yet (although it looks more like Sylar than Leonard Nimoy, for some reason)! Must've been rendered with LuxRender, too? ;)

Congrats on the exposure! I was just telling my friends - whatever you do, it's gonna end up on the Net and someone else will find it ... :cheese:

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    That's the best Spock morph yet (although it looks more like Sylar than Leonard Nimoy, for some reason)! Must've been rendered with LuxRender, too? ;)

Congrats on the exposure! I was just telling my friends - whatever you do, it's gonna end up on the Net and someone else will find it ... :cheese:

Thanks....but now does that mean the pin is considered canon or do we need to take it to TV and movies?
    hahaha...I'm just happy for the exposure.
    -Paul

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Well it's official...one of our feebies for the Mirror universe has reached an all new level of fame!

IDW's Star Trek comic issues 015 and 016 use our pin on the cover. Note the cover large size and the collar devices!

How this pin came about is I was looking for a pin that was original and easy to use for my Mirror Universe comic. ShawdowHawk (aka Roy) took it upon himself, used his contacts and talked to a friend of his to see if she could make a pin that would be useable for us.

Well she made this: http://the-mantorian-realm.deviantart.com/#/art/Mirror-Universe-Communications-Badge-337977309?hf=1

Here is Fisty's account information: DA account : http://fistandantalia.deviantart.com/
    Please drop her a note on DA and give her a thanks.

and her stores are: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=Fisty and http://www.daz3d.com/fisty

and here is the image of the pin made for me and roy and a copy of the cover of the comic.

JJ Trek reminds me a lot of the Mirror Universe, since that Starfleet felt more militant, and given that starfleet got the Defiant a century earlier, would explain the newer technology more better than a Romulan equivalent of Red Dwarf.

This discussion has been closed.