DSON Importer for Poser (1.1.0.18) General Release, Now Available!

2»

Comments

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited August 2013

I've probably tried all those things like zero subd etc at some stage.
    I haven't looked at it for awhile.

Post edited by esther on
  • QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    I wish daz would make some sort of native poser V6 - even if it didn't have all the functionality of genesis, I would probably be happy.

Then PAs would have to make separate versions of their clothing for both Poser and DAZ since the rigging would have to be different. Besides, you were having problems with the load times. I don't think others are. I didn't have problems on my older, slower computer or my new, faster one.

Did you ever get that sorted out, by the way?

I thought the DAZ Figure tools allowed for items created in DAZ studio to be exported to Poser as a cr2. That wouldn't solve the extra rigging problem for PA's?

edited December 1969

but if you use DSON the clothes and textures will fit and be correct. But then poserize them using the poserskinning option and would probalby be okay, except DSON keeps trying to run when that is done.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited August 2013

quietrob said:
    esther said:
    I wish daz would make some sort of native poser V6 - even if it didn't have all the functionality of genesis, I would probably be happy.

Then PAs would have to make separate versions of their clothing for both Poser and DAZ since the rigging would have to be different. Besides, you were having problems with the load times. I don't think others are. I didn't have problems on my older, slower computer or my new, faster one.

Did you ever get that sorted out, by the way?

I thought the DAZ Figure tools allowed for items created in DAZ studio to be exported to Poser as a cr2. That wouldn't solve the extra rigging problem for PA's?

It works, but you lose the SubD (on the other hand, you can add that natively in the latest versions of Poser), GeoGrafting, the dynamic morphs, and the ability to swap UV sets (among other things, probably).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

And all of that is still extra work for the PAs. I mean it's not like the PAs are getting rich here. I'm not saying that they can't do it, but I don't know if the extra work would be worth it to most of them.

edited December 1969

not "all" if it being more work - only my suggestion about some poser type of figure for poser based on V6 shape. Yes, it would probalby need vendor support although we do have the fitting room.

Yes , all my comments refer to latest version of poser.

The part we were mostly talking about was the DSON on off switch. I would have to not swap UVs ie once I made a poser character I wouldn't really be able to modify her or the clothes wouldn't fit. But anyway, this would still be based on the stuff she originally had, or autofitting the clothes first in DS before poserizing the character. Once poserized I would want to turn the DSON off. i

• surrealitysurreality Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ancient post to reply to, but no, she's not the only one having issues with load times. She and I are both on macs, however, which may help support suss out what needs fixing. (The answer is not 'buy a PC' and that stopped being funny a good dozen years ago after the 200th time I'd heard it.)

I hear complaints about 2-3 minutes load time for conformers, well, with just Poser, skype, and my mail prog running, I get around an hour's load time per conformer. Yes, it takes two full hours to load a bikini as it goes through the hundreds of projections windows that are spawned. (Hundreds is not an exaggeration; the drop shadow effect on them stacks so thick it looks like there's a big blurry black blob in the center of the screen by the time they all appear.) A minute, even five minutes, pfft, fine. But an hour for a pair of panties is definitely indicative of a problem in the mac build, especially when I hear others talk about 1-2 minutes being 'really long as a load time' regularly. (The figure itself loads in about a minute, and I have no lag posing or similar at all. This only occurs with conformers.)

The machine I'm using is a quad core 2.93ghz i7 with 8G RAM, so while it's certainly not a beast, it's not exactly ancient and cobwebbed. :)

I would really like to see this kind of issue fixed. I have a big ol' crush on V6, but would really like to render her naked less often. *cough* Help V6 preserve her mystery, guys, c'mon. A girl's gotta have secrets.

Besides, you were having problems with the load times. I don't think others are. I didn't have problems on my older, slower computer or my new, faster one.
  • Death ZDeath Z Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

I'm using Poser 9 and have installed everything, but anytime I try to load a genesis character I get this error message

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\libraries\Character\Alchemy Chasm\!Preload.py", line 1, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

can someone tell me what I need to do???

thank you

• hermushermus Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hi the installer can't find poser 2012 ( i have poser 2014 installed)
    are here any means to install it manually?

thanx