Flash Sale alerts

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

...I - L is actually I - M as I found Mec4D's PBS Shaders vol.1 for Iray (which has been on my wishlist for a while) in the next sale group.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Nnngh. Mec4D's shaders is one I've been hinting about.

NNNNGH DANG IT

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Yeah I saw it earlier too ... wishlisted so damn fast.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

Looks like the glitch causing the 55% discount to be applied twice has been fixed. It affected items that had a PA in each of the two mega sale groups. This was a pretty small group of items, but a discount of 80% can not be sneezed at. A few more items I will likely never use purchased :-)

edited November 2015
    Havos said:

Looks like the glitch causing the 55% discount to be applied twice has been fixed. It affected items that had a PA in each of the two mega sale groups. This was a pretty small group of items, but a discount of 80% can not be sneezed at. A few more items I will likely never use purchased :-)

Oh damn, people finally noticed c.c I was hoping some might pop up in the next round too. Farewell, secret black friday sale~

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
    lx said:
    Havos said:

Oh damn, people finally noticed c.c I was hoping some might pop up in the next round too. Farewell, secret black friday sale~

I had hoped for the same, but as I said, it was a small list and the chance of any of it being on my wish list was pretty small, so maybe better that the temptation of items I do not really need is removed!

...so when does the next group start?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

about then  

...letsee it's now 15:03 Daz time and we've only had two of six groups so far.  Need to run off to do errands but don't want to miss the items I've been waiting for.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,081
    kyoto kid said:

...letsee it's now 15:03 Daz time and we've only had two of six groups so far.  Need to run off to do errands but don't want to miss the items I've been waiting for.

The first group was up for 8 hours. The second has been up for 7 hours now, and it is still up. Doesn't mean anything for the future, just saying... :)

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

It's ten past ten in the evening here, and if the last four groups take as long in rotating as the first two have done, then I won't be seeing them. Either putting the store on sale a chunk at a time over 24 hours is as daft an idea from Daz's point of view as it is from mine, or they really don't like European money!

edited November 2015
    dclane said:

Either putting the store on sale a chunk at a time over 24 hours

I'm starting to hope that it's not going to be over 24 hours, but over at least 48.

6x8=48, it would make sense...

Post edited by Ati on
    Ati said:
    dclane said:

I'm starting to hope that it's not going to be over 24 hours, but over at least 48.

You're right, it would. In about as much as a Europe-wide shortage of 3D assets beginning with the initials G-M would, anyway :)

dclane said:
    Ati said:
    dclane said:

You're right, it would. In about as much as a Europe-wide shortage of 3D assets beginning with the initials G-M would, anyway :)

Well, if this math is correct (and it usually isn't :))), then if you stay up an hour more, you can catch the beginning of that sale. Then sleep, and still catch the next one.

... that's what I'm hoping for, anyway. :D

Havos said:
    lx said:
    Havos said:

I had hoped for the same, but as I said, it was a small list and the chance of any of it being on my wish list was pretty small, so maybe better that the temptation of items I do not really need is removed!

I got Aiko 4 Pro and Aiko 3 Mega bundles for ~$10 each (86% off) and while they're not exactly relevant content, I like the idea of having the old stuff to tinker about with so totally worth it to me.

Ati said:
    dclane said:
    Ati said:
    dclane said:

Well, if this math is correct (and it usually isn't :))), then if you stay up an hour more, you can catch the beginning of that sale. Then sleep, and still catch the next one.

Your math can't be any worse than mine :) I think there would be a limit to the interest I had in any sale that had already been running for hours when I got up. Daz are far too well known for pulling the rug out from under people who place an order at the last minute, putting the price back up again in the middle of the transaction. That's already happened to me at least once before and I'm in no hurry to go through that performance again.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited November 2015
    Ati said:

Foolish mortal! That's what they want you to do!

That way, it shall start and you will encounter sleep deprivation, reduced to mutterings about needing to provide tribute to the Daz Studio gods, as you gradually cull the next lot of hundreds of must-have purchases down to something vaguely affordable... It'll take you hours.

And then the next round of sales commence, leaving you a gibbering wreck of incohearant mental wreckage!

Seriously, why does this video come to mind whenever I think about the sales on this place? XD

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited November 2015

...OK been 8 hours now. Waited and and still nothing changed (15 min past 16:00 "DST" already)

Need to get out and do those errands. This one better be at least 8 hours long like the last two.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    bradrg said:

lol. For all those underwhelmed, I see Rendos black friday is a massive 35% off a purchase of at least $25. 

Renderosity has been working very hard to keep people from buying on their site.

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,028
    edited November 2015
    bradrg said:

lol. For all those underwhelmed, I see Rendos black friday is a massive 35% off a purchase of at least $25. 

But nothing already discounted or Prime can take the coupon. So... yeah... 

Post edited by ChangelingChick on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    kyoto kid said:

...OK been 8 hours now.

Unless they really want to piss off the vendors on the back half of the alphabet, my guess is that the sales are only going to get to M tonight, then the sale will be "EXTENDED ONE LAST DAY!" to Sunday, and then on Monday everything in the store goes on sale yet again as a "SUPER CATCH UP".    

Ati said:

... or... at least the banner's up. The prices are not quite there yet... :)

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

...and changing

lx said:
    Havos said:
    lx said:
    Havos said:

I got Aiko 4 Pro and Aiko 3 Mega bundles for ~$10 each (86% off) and while they're not exactly relevant content, I like the idea of having the old stuff to tinker about with so totally worth it to me.

I had spotted that Aiko 3 bundle as well, but I already own it (or at least everything in it). A3 stuff may be old, but if you have the relevant clones (which I do) it is easy to use her clothes on the Genesis 1-3 figures, as well as her morphs. Only the character textures take some effort to move over.

bradrg said:

Renderosity has been working very hard to keep people from buying on their site.

The worst part about that voucher is that any item currently on sale is excluded. Since many items have something off (often a miserly 10 or 20%) then all of those are excluded, leaving you a limited choice of full price items to enjoy this "massive" 35% off. And here we are moaning that DAZ has dropped their discount from 60 to 55! To be fare to Rendo, some of their base prices (and only some) are cheaper than here.

The base prices are lower, but the main thing that keeps me from shopping there is I don't really like almost everything they seem to sell. I feel like the quality restrictions are far more lax (or nonexistent) there compared to here. Of course there are still some amazing items, but there's a vast, vast ocean of V4-7 and tiny, impractical outfits for her to swim through to ever find anything (so like here, but much worse.) Also Daz actually has a premium membership that doesn't make you sad.

edited November 2015

...of course it always seems when there is somewhere you have to be (or in this case something you've been waiting for) "the bus always has to be late".

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    lx said:

The base prices are lower, but the main thing that keeps me from shopping there is I don't really like almost everything they seem to sell. I feel like the quality restrictions are far more lax (or nonexistent) there compared to here. Of course there are still some amazing items, but there's a vast, vast ocean of V4-7 and tiny, impractical outfits for her to swim through to ever find anything (so like here, but much worse.) Also Daz actually has a premium membership that doesn't make you sad.

100% Agreed. As many complaints as we get over here over skimpwear, it's much worse on other sites. 

...got that straight.

This discussion has been closed.