Welcome to the May 2013 Freebie Challenge: "Yesterday's Future"

14567810»

Comments

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Judging was delayed by the weekend, but things are now under control...

Eleven of the fifteen entries received at least one vote, and the winning entry was placed either first or second by each of the judges.

Honourable Mentions go to Sisca's "Titanium Detective" and ZamuelNow's "Morning Commute"

Third Place goes to Luci45's "Lost Planet"

Second Place goes to Dollygirl's "Fly Me to the Moon"

and the First Place entry is Sean Riesch's "The Future is Now"

I need the email addresses of the DAZ3D accounts of all the winners, so that we can send you your GCs. Please send me a PM if you're listed here.

Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks again to all who took part!

first_place.png
    1014 x 645 - 1015K
    edited December 1969

And now I have to go to the office for another long day of work (and there'll be another just as long tomorrow). I hope I'll have all the email addresses by the time I'm back, so I can start sending out the prizes...

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yay congratulations winners! and great job all who entered :D

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Thanks again for running this Rob. It was a lot of fun and I loved seeing what everyone came up with. Congrats to all the winners and I must say I agree with the judges on this one, that is an amazing render Sean.

• LimneryLimnery Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Congratulations, Sean! And congrats to Dollygirl and Luci45 and Sisca and ZamuelNow! Fabulous renders, and wonderful entries from everyone.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Thanks, and congratulations to the other winners. It was fun to see everbody's entries for both the main and mini contests!

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    And now I have to go to the office for another long day of work (and there'll be another just as long tomorrow). I hope I'll have all the email addresses by the time I'm back, so I can start sending out the prizes...

I'll try to get you the thrid place prize (masks) today, then.

• goldschopfgoldschopf Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

Yes, congratulations to the winners and honorable mentions! There were a lot of great renders entered this month, I was really impressed with the lighting in several of them!
    I know the contest is already over, but does anyone know if the gallery is going to be updated to include entries 13, 14, and 15? I like to look back at the gallery from time to time and admire all of the great renders people have entered.

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Good point about the archive gallery, goldschopf -- I hope the judges took the later entries into consideration as well!

Regardless, congratulations to all five winners, but I think there was full agreement that Sean was unbeatable this (last) month. I hereby request that he be banned from all future Freebie Challenges.

JUST KIDDING! Love the competition!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners and honorable mentions! Well done, all!

Dana

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Would you be so kind as to PM those to me as well? I believe I have at least one (WINK) but will need to check.

Congrad all you folks!! It has been a fun contest.
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

Congrats to winners and thanks to the hosts and judges for a fun contest!

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all of the winners. Had fun but wish there were more entries, there were a lot of cool stuff renders.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners! The competition was stiff. I like it when we have new blood and they win. Thanks go out to Rob, Jade, DAZ and judges. See you in the pinup world.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

Congrats to Sean and Dollygirl and the HMs! Thank you judges and sponsors - it was a fun contest!

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners. A job well done to everyone who entered. Some brilliant stuff this month and not a weak one in the bunch. Onward to June!

edited June 2013

Good point about the archive gallery, goldschopf -- I hope the judges took the later entries into consideration as well!

I can't speak for jeeperz, but I know I bundled up all fifteen entries when I sent them to the other judges... and the two last entries were mentioned three times on various judges' lists.
    Post edited by robkelk on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Yes, congratulations to the winners and honorable mentions! There were a lot of great renders entered this month, I was really impressed with the lighting in several of them!
    I know the contest is already over, but does anyone know if the gallery is going to be updated to include entries 13, 14, and 15? I like to look back at the gallery from time to time and admire all of the great renders people have entered.

Yes, the gallery will have all of the entries. We'll even go back beyond the current contests to retrieve/archive the older entries.

Kendall

edited June 2013

The prizes that I had in my possession have now been sent along to the winners. The winners' information has been sent to our sponsors for the other prizes.

Again, a big "thank you!" to our sponsors: Krissy, celebi, DAZ3D, Jaderail, Eustace Scrubb, Mr. Sparky, and DocMikeB .

And just as big a "thank you!" to our gallery webmasters, Kendall Sears and Alexa Sears.

And now I can relax. (looks at pile of "free resources lists" updates that have accumulated over May) Or not. Somebody toss me one of those pies, will you?

Post edited by robkelk on
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

congrats to the winners and HM's. tough competition this month