OctaneRender DS - render collection

Comments

• Andrey PestryakovAndrey Pestryakov Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

nmizu said:
    I bought Tropical "Tropical Bundle for DAZ Studio plugin OctaneRender".
    It's Excelent Item .
    Thanks Andrey !

Thank you! And thank you for the article in your blog! ;)
  • LomrikLomrik Posts: 53
    edited December 1969

spider58 said:
    2000 samples, Path Tracing, GTX680 2GB, 38 minutes.

No postwork, will work on the textures a bit and add a character.

Good and fast rendering for large image! On the wall roughness felt good, but planar of the road and the grass.

Thanks Andrey, have just downloaded Nvidia Texture Tools and will learn how to make normal maps to try and fix that. ;-)

edited December 1969

Tropical Bundle + Statues of Enchanted Island + Tomb of Crypta Sepultus + Snake of Castillo del Diablo + Wall of Muelsfell Display Plinth
    1920x1200 - 40 minutes.

tropical-render-00.jpg
    1900 x 1200 - 1M
    edited December 1969

2000x1125 - 18 minutes.

img-NPP1-2000x1125.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
    edited December 1969

2000x1125 - 18 minutes.

Really nice Andrey, the materials are excellent.

One of the new Sun Hall model by SoulessEmpathy. 12,000 samples and five hours.

September27.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 627K
    edited December 1969

spider58 said:

Wow, impressive. Excellent lighting.
    You did render using the plug-in Оctane Render for the DS?
    You set up the materials for a long time?
    edited December 1969

spider58 said:

Wow, impressive. Excellent lighting.
    You did render using the plug-in Оctane Render for the DS?
    You set up the materials for a long time?
    Thank you very much Andrey. I did render using the Octane plugin for DS.

I was trying to get the lighting to look natural so the only interior lights are the down lights at the top of the scene converted to blackbody emission. I rendered with the Kernel set to PMC and after 4000 samples noticed that the white marble columns were starting to get nice reflections so I just kept adding more samples until I thought they looked good.

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

some of these renders are absolutely stunning.

And sadly, a realization for me that I have no clue, at all, what you are talking about technically.

edited December 1969

spider58 said:

Thank you very much Andrey. I did render using the Octane plugin for DS.

I was trying to get the lighting to look natural so the only interior lights are the down lights at the top of the scene converted to blackbody emission. I rendered with the Kernel set to PMC and after 4000 samples noticed that the white marble columns were starting to get nice reflections so I just kept adding more samples until I thought they looked good.

Yes, using PMC long to wait, I usually use the fastest DirectLighting.

edited December 1969

standfast said:
    some of these renders are absolutely stunning.

And sadly, a realization for me that I have no clue, at all, what you are talking about technically.

In fact, everything is simple. If in the scene is not used mirrored materials or light as in the picture of spider58, then you can get a good result by pressing the button once to render. But for even more realistic reflection of the light sources are necessary to deal with the material settings. And another point - Octane Render requires a CUDA capable NVIDIA graphics card only.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited December 1969

You can get some really great images from Octane with the shaders.

Bearsswim.jpg
    800 x 800 - 281K
    edited December 1969

Tugpsx said:

Very impressive. Did you create this in DAZ Studio with used plug-in Octane Render for DS?
    I could not easily understand that this is 3D, then looked closer to the bears and saw on them a little not a natural patch of light.
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited December 1969

Rendered in Octane stand-alone, but could be done in the plugin version also.

edited December 1969

Tugpsx said:

Tugpsx, that is one awesome render. I love the water. ;-)
    edited December 1969

Comparison of rendering speed in DAZ Studio 4.6

DsUl-vs-DsOc.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 1M
  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

The comparison is not really fair. I'd like to see rendertime of a scene with low lightning, multiple bounce, reflection and refraction in pathtracing mode if you can get quick render time.
    Exterior scene with direct lighning is no difficulty when you have a lot of cores to render

edited December 1969

The comparison is not really fair. I'd like to see rendertime of a scene with low lightning, multiple bounce, reflection and refraction in pathtracing mode if you can get quick render time.
    Exterior scene with direct lighning is no difficulty when you have a lot of cores to render

Of course pathtracing be longer. I do not use it when rendering plants, because the difference in the picture quality is not significant, and it takes longer. In the picture is made using a render DirectLighting. In my opinion DirectLighting in this case gives excellent results both in quality and in speed.
    edited December 1969

Robot Mosquito, 12,000 samples, pathtracing, two hours.

Mosquito.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 510K
  • SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

Comparison of rendering speed in DAZ Studio 4.6

Nice! I have two GTX 580's. Would love to have a GTX Titan but they are so pricey.

edited December 1969

spider58 said:
    Robot Mosquito, 12,000 samples, pathtracing, two hours.

Super quality, great!
  • gandoza.wiregandoza.wire Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

and continue with one picture.

Love the design, very nice!
  • EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

Any body know how to save materials in the DS plugin :red: ?

edited December 1969

Elele said:
    Any body know how to save materials in the DS plugin :red: ?

I do not know how to store materials separately. I save the whole scene at once, and settings materials for Octane Render plugin automatically saved.
    edited November 2013

Tried that but when i try to reopen the scene it crashes. I'll try again with another scene, maybe just bad luck.
    EDIT: Works now :)

Thanks!

Post edited by Elele on
    edited November 2013

More awesome questions! How do I set the output resolution for a render? The render always just takes the viewport size. I tried setting the px in the rendersetting of both octane and DS, but it still just keeps the viewport size.

Whats the "final render" option for ?

Post edited by Elele on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Elele said:
    More awesome questions! How do I set the output resolution for a render? The render always just takes the viewport size. I tried setting the px in the rendersetting of both octane and DS, but it still just keeps the viewport size.

Under Preference there is a 'Scale rendered image to the Plugin viewport' option which you need to ensure is not selected.

What 'final' does is, I believe, an 'internal' merge of everything down into a single object within Octane which makes for a faster render.

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Elele said:

Under Preference there is a 'Scale rendered image to the Plugin viewport' option which you need to ensure is not selected.

What 'final' does is, I believe, an 'internal' merge of everything down into a single object within Octane which makes for a faster render.

Sweet! Had the thinghy checked...
    You can never render fast enough, can you. Always MORE SPEEEED!!! :D

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Elele said:
    SimonJM said:
    Elele said:

Sweet! Had the thinghy checked...
    You can never render fast enough, can you. Always MORE SPEEEED!!! :D
    I think there can be drawbacks with the Final render option and, anyway, I keep forgetting to use it! :)

edited December 1969

Trying out some skin settings. First time I get to play with Subsurface Scattering... and an unbiased renderer :)
    4 pics, one has no SSS. Can you guess which one?

test.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 280K
  • NgaiNgai Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Nice renders here.

Too bad I miss the Tropical Bundle and Tropical Bundle for DAZ Studio plugin OctaneRender during the discount period, but put them in my wishlist, and wait.

The water is very nice.