Comments

• OldminerOldminer Posts: 134
    edited December 1969

I think I'm there.
    Mine is http://OldMine.deviantart.com

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

well, mine's http://zilvergrafix.deviantart.com/
    looking the other user's galleries, magnifique works of the mayority of them! :lol:

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited December 1969
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I'm going through this thread, trying to figure out if I missed watching any of you... it's getting tougher and tougher :)

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    I'm going through this thread, trying to figure out if I missed watching any of you... it's getting tougher and tougher :)

You are already watching me, and I'm tryin' to put on a good show. %-P

I must say, I'm a little disappointed. Thought I would get more watchers, especially among my favorites, but I guess I am still too new to attract their attention. Oh, well. They will come around.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    wancow said:

I must say, I'm a little disappointed. Thought I would get more watchers, especially among my favorites, but I guess I am still too new to attract their attention. Oh, well. They will come around.

What happened was that I looked at your front page, saw female underwear x3, and said meh, as I usually do in that case (it takes a really outstandingly artistic female pinup for me to look at it for more than a nanosecond, because I've seen all possible combinations of content a kajillion times already).

On second glance, that's not actually fair, because you've got both better and much more varied renders in your gallery - some of them really outstanding. I'm watching you now.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    wancow said:

What happened was that I looked at your front page, saw female underwear x3, and said meh, as I usually do in that case (it takes a really outstandingly artistic female pinup for me to look at it for more than a nanosecond, because I've seen all possible combinations of content a kajillion times already).

On second glance, that's not actually fair, because you've got both better and much more varied renders in your gallery - some of them really outstanding. I'm watching you now.

:coolsmile: One down. Thanks, SY. Unfortunately, when wancow started this thread, I was working on skin shaders for Lux and had posted too many WIP renders. Thanks for the second glance.

PS: Female pinup renders are so not my style, usually. I just needed to show the skin since that is what I was working on, and fully nekkid ain't allowed for sharing here, which is where I primarily posted those pics.

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Slosh said:
    wancow said:

:coolsmile: One down. Thanks, SY. Unfortunately, when wancow started this thread, I was working on skin shaders for Lux and had posted too many WIP renders. Thanks for the second glance.

PS: Female pinup renders are so not my style, usually. I just needed to show the skin since that is what I was working on, and fully nekkid ain't allowed for sharing here, which is where I primarily posted those pics.

Oh, make no mistake, I don't have a problem with them as a subject matter either morally or artistically - I just prefer males, so I'm not going to pay attention unless there's something really over-the-top to grab my attention as well.

edited December 1969

I started this thread with a purpose in mind: to connect us so we can be more, rather than less connected so we could observe one another's improvement over time and be inspired by one another. My hope was that the majority would just put a watch on everyone here... I do understand why some would not want to for a variety of reasons. But the hope was that most would understand the point instinctively...

edited December 1969

very useful, I never tought there are so much dazians in dA, at some point reasonable because Daz forums does not have galleries.... :snake:
    for the people who thinks that nobody is watching your works...you got a tip from me: USE TAGS ON YOUR IMAGES.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

By tags I assume you mean dA's keyword field? I always try to fill that in with relevant stuff, but it's hard to know if people are finding your stuff via it or not. I did notice an uptick in views/favorites when they introduced the 'more like this' section.

edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    By tags I assume you mean dA's keyword field? I always try to fill that in with relevant stuff, but it's hard to know if people are finding your stuff via it or not. I did notice an uptick in views/favorites when they introduced the 'more like this' section.

I did as well.

edited December 1969

had you tried tagging all the alphabet? %-P

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

Pretty much everything that I do now ends up on my deviantArt page first, including rants, DAZ Studio tutorials, and the occasional free item. Seam guides are still on www.snowsultan.com though.

I look forward to visiting the other dA pages that get linked to in this thread!

Please explain why seam guides are needed or used? I visited the page and it says what they are but my mind just isn't wrapping around what you use seam guides FOR.

edited December 1969

Novica, if you don't make your own textures, you don't need them. If you do, you do. The seams for Gen 4 and Gen5 figures both have seams running down the back, around the upper arms and around the things. If you do not match up the textures at those seams, you can get very ugly lines making where one texture ends and another begins.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Thank you :) That will be far, far away :)
    Cathie

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited April 2013

wancow said:
    Novica, if you don't make your own textures, you don't need them. If you do, you do. The seams for Gen 4 and Gen5 figures both have seams running down the back, around the upper arms and around the things. If you do not match up the textures at those seams, you can get very ugly lines making where one texture ends and another begins.

Oh, I usually prefer to cheat: Blacksmith 3D v3 came with a free 3D painter, and I go for that. Everything in my dA gallery (http://eustacescrubb.deviantart.com/gallery/) is four or five years old, or more: I literally don't have several of those models anymore, and some cannot be found anymore anywhere. Two of the best were overnight renders when DAZ|Studio was still in beta, spring of '05.

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

very useful, I never tought there are so much dazians in dA, at some point reasonable because Daz forums does not have galleries.... :snake:
    for the people who thinks that nobody is watching your works...you got a tip from me: USE TAGS ON YOUR IMAGES.

...joining groups also helps.
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...joining groups also helps.
    I'm in some boob fetichiste groups and Morrigan ones.
    if you know some grupos that could fit my art [??] I would like to know!
    edited December 1969

Oh, I usually prefer to cheat: Blacksmith 3D v3 came with a free 3D painter, and I go for that. Everything in my dA gallery (http://eustacescrubb.deviantart.com/gallery/) is four or five years old, or more: I literally don't have several of those models anymore, and some cannot be found anymore anywhere. Two of the best were overnight renders when DAZ|Studio was still in beta, spring of '05.

UVS is on its way out. Ptex is the coming thing. Now that D|S will have Ptex in the next release, expect to see a bunch of ptex paint programs become popular...

And we've got at least one guy who's building a Firefly Skin like shader for D|S 3DL... :)

edited December 1969

...what does that mean for project Dogwaffle?

edited December 1969

wancow said:

UVS is on its way out. Ptex is the coming thing. Now that D|S will have Ptex in the next release, expect to see a bunch of ptex paint programs become popular...

And we've got at least one guy who's building a Firefly Skin like shader for D|S 3DL... :)

Ptex can't be edited or adjusted in a 2d program. Probably not going to take over 3d immediately when that's the case, especially when a very limited number of programs support it. That is, it probably will eventually, but I wouldn't throw out my copy of GIMP or Photoshop quiiiite yet.

• DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
    edited December 1969
    edited April 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

Log Cabin? Aunt Jemima?

Sickleyield, sure, maybe that's true... but even Blender has Ptex 3DPainting...
    http://vimeo.com/13859283#at=0

And even more impressive:
    http://vimeo.com/19845292

Post edited by wancow on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

I'm in some boob fetichiste groups and Morrigan ones.
    if you know some grupos that could fit my art [??] I would like to know!
    This one would have you for all DS or 3Delight renders.
    http://daz3delightexp.deviantart.com/ I know because I help run it.

As for not Watching all the other users here, Give me time. I'm slow at Updating things because I have like 6 different projects running at one time right now. For me that's like 5 too many.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

...yeah, but is it live (I don't see any texture "paint" tools yet) or something we still need to wait for?

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Log Cabin? Aunt Jemima?

Sickleyield, sure, maybe that's true... but even Blender has Ptex 3DPainting...
    http://vimeo.com/13859283#at=0

Oh. I thought Ptex was actually some new procedural method. If Ptex in this case means "terrible procedural painting that is in every way inferior to working with hirez 2d textures," then yes, Blender can indeed do that, and has been able to for quite some time.

There's a very good reason why that demo shows giant, crude lines in bright pink on a lorez toon-style mesh, is what I'm saying. I assume Zbrush's procedural painting is much better, since it can actually be used to create Gen 4 and 5 textures.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Ptex is just a way to do textures without UV maps. Each face gets its own texture map, and they can be of independent resolutions. So you can have a base resolution generated for all the faces, and then if you need additional detail you can uprez just the areas that need it and continue painting. The Ptex stuff in Blender is incomplete as I understand it; if you really want to play with it, 3D-Coat is the tool that always comes up in Ptex discussions.

And editing 2D textures for a UV-mapped figure still has a lot of power. Even if you use a 3D paint program initially so your seams line up, being able to apply filters and other effects that the 2D editors are so good at is very powerful and not something I believe there are tools to really do for Ptex files. And since most content creators want their textures to work in Poser as well, I only see Ptex really being used by folks creating their own content, not by content vendors. Not anytime soon, anyway. Ptex was kind of a freebie for DAZ to implement since the picked it up when 3Delight added it. (Do Ptex textures actually show in the Studio viewport? Or only at render time?)

• smaysmay Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

my page on the DA - http://smay3d.deviantart.com/

• aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

http://aldemps.deviantart.com/
    Just somewhere to keep all my renders in 1 place.