Are you on DeviantArt?

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

There's a double standard there and pretty much everyone knows about it by now. All one can really do is move on.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited April 2013

Guess so since nothing much can be done about it..... On the positive side for those who think the Luxrender is time consuming one can see the one thousand plus renders I have been able to produce in just over a year...

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Thanks for posting the links. I'll try to look at everyone's gallery later.

I'll post a link after I upload some more 3D artwork. Right now, all i have is fanart from some cartoons. lol

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    jimzombie said:
    Considering dA has over 26 million users...

That does not matter if you are not going to enforce your rules fairly it does not justify it IMO.. but that's just me. I have had my 3D mentor get banned while others have much worse material that goes untouched..The only reason I probably do not get banned is due to ppl always donating premium memberships...

I have called them on their BS and no one ever respond. They simply hide behind their rules...

In everyday life hundreds of thousands or millions of crimes go unpunished. Does that mean we should abandon law and order? Let's not get silly! I don't know of any double standard. To be safe I guess it just comes down to not posting sexually explicit material and then using the adult content filter for anything above PG.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited April 2013

...please, let's try to keep this from becoming a debate on DA policy which could end up getting the thread locked or removed.

This is a great resource for learning who in the community has a gallery there so we can go and view it.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited April 2013

Edited because Kyoto Kid has a point.

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...please, let's try to keep this from becoming a debate on DA policy which could end up getting the thread locked or removed.

LOL serious? That would seem extreme.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DA is an allowed LINK for the fact it has age appropriate filters. Can we please get back on topic?

edited December 1969

Ah, I see. Ten-four ;)

• E.BruE.Bru Posts: 180
    edited December 1969

This is my page: http://ebrukash.deviantart.com/
    I like your work!

• nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

I forgot i even had a DA account until last week, so just started using it again.
    http://karnstein.deviantart.com/

• BrotherHadesBrotherHades Posts: 87
    edited December 1969

Here is mine BrotherHades Mainly a collection of renders and photography, though there are also a few poems and some old sketches.

• BrotherHadesBrotherHades Posts: 87
    edited December 1969

http://madmanmike.deviantart.com/ . I've been booted from a couple of the DAZ orineted groups, but not all... Since ALL of my art is done in DAZStudio 2.3, I find it a bit annoying, but there's always other groups to join to show off your art...

I have had more issues with artists leaving my groups than ever having to boot an artist, I run two groups currently, one is more a niche group of just Aiko 3 and Hiro 3 works #AikoAndHiroAddicts and #Dazzers-At-Large which is more to showcase DAZ software and products, I try to keep submissions acceptance there to either renders using one of DAZ's programs or at least featuring DAZ characters, if you are interested in joining either one or both.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

I just back up again so here is my gallery.

http://burstangel1975.deviantart.com/

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited April 2013

Mine's pretty self-explanatory: ptrope.deviantart.com :) (If you can't find "Ptrope" on the Web - wellll, you're just not trying ;) )

EDIT: Hey, we STILL can't upload avatars on this site? Sheesh!!

Post edited by Ptrope on
  • MavroshMavrosh Posts: 111
    edited April 2013

Ptrope said:

Looks like it.... just read my signature. ;)

My deviantART page is here: http://mavrosh.deviantart.com/

Post edited by Mavrosh on
    edited April 2013

Sorry if I upset anyone. I thought boards were somewhere we can have discussions.. Besides that D/A runs very buggy often you go to open a link/ pic and it's either blank or nothing happens..

Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    Mine's pretty self-explanatory: ptrope.deviantart.com :) (If you can't find "Ptrope" on the Web - wellll, you're just not trying ;) )

I'm not the Trek fan I once was, but I adore your renders. I like how well you've achieved a style with the toon renders - so many people's toon characters clash with their lighting and environments.

Mavrosh already knows what a fan I am of hers. ;) She set me onto this whole ERC thing with her request for a chain blade to begin with. I love all my customers, but there has to be some kind of shortlist for the ones who ask for hard things that turn out to be brilliant sellers, and for me, people on that list almost always come from deviantart.

• Songbird ReMixSongbird ReMix Posts: 289
    edited December 1969

I have a little bit up on DA...

http://kengilliland.deviantart.com/gallery/

• ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:

... You.... UFO... I... I can't stop grinning!

Dumb question. Wherever did you get the Star Trek and SHADO uniforms?

edited December 1969

Ptrope said:

I'm not the Trek fan I once was, but I adore your renders. I like how well you've achieved a style with the toon renders - so many people's toon characters clash with their lighting and environments.

Mavrosh already knows what a fan I am of hers. ;) She set me onto this whole ERC thing with her request for a chain blade to begin with. I love all my customers, but there has to be some kind of shortlist for the ones who ask for hard things that turn out to be brilliant sellers, and for me, people on that list almost always come from deviantart.

I still am (A trek fan) produced this http://fav.me/d50d4ql in my early Reality/ Lux days

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited April 2013

I still haven't uploaded my renders of Victoria or Genesis. I just found a bunch of jpgs that are about a year old. Gotta get off the couch and upload them some day. lol

Edit: Yeah, what Jaderail said. I fixed the formatting too.

(redundant text deleted)

I remember one of the moderators, either Chohole or Richard H., said that links to mature images on DeviantArt.com are allowed as long as mature artwork is behind the mature content filter. People who are either not logged into DeviantArt.com or who have the mature content filter on will see this message:

Mature Content Filter is On. The Artist has chosen to restrict viewing to deviants 18 and older.
    (Contains: nudity)

Ok, let's move along now, nothing else to see...

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • Michael GMichael G Posts: 0
    edited December 1969
  • FuselingFuseling Posts: 242
    edited December 1969

I'm on deviantart too! My link is in my sig. :) Lots of good stuff in this thread.

• ToobisToobis Posts: 932
    edited December 1969
  • Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

This is a great idea, I love checking out everyone's work! I'm open to feedback & like giving/receiving constructive criticism. I've been an artist of various mediums for a long time but just got really into DAZ about half a year ago. I also usually only post my best works so I don't have a huge gallery yet. I'm working towards being a PA but that might be a ways off. I'd love to make connections and get a feel for what people are looking for. I might be offering some freebies and looking for beta testers down the line at some point so please watch me if you might be interested.

Here is my dA: http://swawa3d.deviantart.com/

NOTE: I marked 2 works mature just to be safe but I probably did not need to. They just have a little blood or a slightly suggestive/dark theme.

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Llama badges are just tokens really. They do nothing, have no effect and are just there to be given out to whomever you want. I've probably collected dozens of them. If they were exchangeable for currency I'd probably have at least twenty pence and could buy myself a bag of sweeties.

Ermm.. ok, is it customary to give those Lamas back?
    And al lthose that gave me one Thank you .
    And here is a cool Llama for everyone :D (The pic is one We took on a trip to petting zoo)

Lama.jpg
    600 x 800 - 112K
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:

Llama badges are just tokens really. They do nothing, have no effect and are just there to be given out to whomever you want. I've probably collected dozens of them. If they were exchangeable for currency I'd probably have at least twenty pence and could buy myself a bag of sweeties.

And here is a cool Llama for everyone :D (The pic is one We took on a trip to petting zoo)

Cute llama!

Llama badges are not expected to be returned. Personally I think they're cute, but there are many other marks of esteem or interest I would rather have (added to a watch list, constructive criticism, sharing renders with my items in them).

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:

...oooh, a "real" lama badge.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I heard Llama's are good with lots of butter... :P