Announcement: Evil Beware! Genesis Supersuit is here!

Comments

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

Ha! Mardi Gras armor. I had other of the presets do the same thing too.

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Guess it is a case of an area of the suit being hidden when it shouldn't have.......will have to experiment, after reviewing the tutorial movies that Rand so helpfully provided a link to in the forums......:)

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

All characters are wearing the supersuit or something that has been modified using the shaders from the suit.

superteam1_daz.jpg
    800 x 450 - 498K
    edited December 1969

jcadiram said:
    I got exactly that result too... was a bit awkward rendering an "Iron Man"-esque figure that looked like he was ready for Mardi Gras...

Mr Bowen said:
    Ok. What happened here? I applied the preset on Genesis both morphed and unmorphed with the same results.

Okay, did a little bit of poking around the settings and this is what I came up with. See image below. Seems three of the hip settings were set wrongly. I believe these are the correct settings for the hip based on the promo, but I may be wrong. :)

supersuit.png
    504 x 544 - 40K
    edited December 1969

All characters are wearing the supersuit or something that has been modified using the shaders from the suit.

That's an amazing image - very storybook-like! Bet it took ages to render.....?!

edited December 1969

Cymbidium said:

That's an amazing image - very storybook-like! Bet it took ages to render.....?!

Not really, only about an hour, maybe an hour and a half. I spent that much time experimenting with filters in PS before I was satisfied.

edited December 1969

Well, I guess that is quite quick, though I get jittery if a render takes more than 15-20mins...:lol:. Yes, I often spend a lot longer in postwork than actually setting up the scene and rendering, that is if I ever manage to get a satisfactory render which doesn't happen that often these days.....

edited December 1969

Thank you for help, Cymbidium. Though, having to do this kind of defeats the idea of Presets. I'll have to try it on the other presets too.

edited December 1969

Glad to be of help, Mr Bowen!! :) I suppose something got missed in the final setup of the presets, since there are so very many of them......I'm sure it is the same sort of thing with any other presets that don't quite 'do what is says on the tin'. :lol:

Anyway, at least most of the preset settings worked, and you can always save a corrected version of the shape so you don't have to correct it each time. The supersuit is so very versatile, of course, that you don't have to stick to the preset if you like 'tinkering' with settings to get something unique. ;)

edited December 1969

They also forgot to spin the dial for the raised flaps on the sides. Thing is, I paid roughly $60, like others, it would be nice if everything worked as advertised instead of part of the job. Partially working Presets defeat the purpose of saving time. Oh well. Maybe Daz will Fix it...hint..hint...daz...

edited June 2012

Somehow, it looks different from the one shown on the website...

teknight_head_1A.jpg
    356 x 500 - 149K
    teknight_head_1.jpg
    494 x 500 - 166K
    Post edited by Mr Bowen on
  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,027
    edited December 1969

Supersuit meets Mentral Ray (3ds Max). I knew the MR metallic paint materials on the supersuit would look awesome the minute I saw it.

Cadet.jpg
    800 x 600 - 236K
  • bluelight specialbluelight special Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Rand said:

3) I do plan on releasing my DC and Marvel characters as freebies... Stay tuned

Please do.

edited December 1969

Mr Bowen said:
    Somehow, it looks different from the one shown on the website...

Looks like some of the face 'seams' are either textured wrongly or 'hiding' - try playing with the settings for the seams, maybe they need to be pushed out.

I know it is annoying when a preset doesn't quite do what it is supposed to do, but I'm sure the suit will be updated at some point, if Daz is aware of this problem. :) I for one am reluctant to raise another support request until things are a little more settled for them.....

edited December 1969

bohemian3 said:
    Supersuit meets Mentral Ray (3ds Max). I knew the MR metallic paint materials on the supersuit would look awesome the minute I saw it.

I agree, those mats look perfect on the suit! :) Wonderful render! May I ask which metallic paint mats you used?

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Really having fun with the supersuit, except for one thing. You can't make leotards with it unless you make a transmap. Shorts are nice, but female heroines rarely go to work in them. Could we have a 2nd supersuit to address this or an update? Maybe an add-on?

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,733
    edited December 1969

I absolutely love the supersuit stuff. I was a bit disappointed with DAZ and Genesis till Michael 5 and the supersuit arrived. Now I'm having some fun.

http://youtu.be/LNxkKJwpIEk

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Rand said:
    3) I do plan on releasing my DC and Marvel characters as freebies... Stay tuned

Please do.
    Looking forward to that, thx! :-)
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

My first play with the Supersuit, purchased this evening. Started with the Adventurer shaping preset and the Captain Champion mat preset, and added a few tweaks. So far I'd have to agree with the general consensus that this thing is freaking awesome.

supersuit1a.jpg
    485 x 800 - 265K
    edited December 1969

Cymbidium, Yeah, I guess.
    I won't hold my breath waiting for a fix update though. Heh. I have quite a few things that just don't work right and were never were fixed. Oh well. Neat suit , though. I am surprised some obvious things got by QC.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I have a few things that never quite worked and were never fixed as well, but I can sometimes look at the settings and figure out what is wrong. Guess QC didn't test every single preset that closely, or an older version of a preset got included by mistake. It would be nice if updates were done more often. Don't think they will have time to look at any product errors for a while, though. Supersuit is amazing all the same! :)

• michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

Can anyone who has already downloaded the Supersuit tell me how large the files sizes are for:
    1) The Supersuit
    2) The Supersuit Fantasy Pack

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

Well, at least she is wearing the super suit seams. :lol:

BlueBelle1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 381K
  • GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

Can anyone who has already downloaded the Supersuit tell me how large the files sizes are for:
    1) The Supersuit

The super suit is 50.9 MB and the fantasy pack is 117 MB. Both metadatadata files are 5.65 MB.

That's for the Windows files - I assume the Mac files will be similar.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Is there a good way to get some shredding/tearing effect in the fabric, other than making custom transmaps? The 'rag-erator' product, unsurprisingly, does not seem to work on the Supersuit.

• michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

Gone said:
    1) The Supersuit

The super suit is 50.9 MB and the fantasy pack is 117 MB. Both metadatadata files are 5.65 MB.

That's for the Windows files - I assume the Mac files will be similar.
    Thanks for the reply.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

some really great images form everyone here

edited December 1969

For those of you who don't frequent the Art Studio, here's my latest:

Attack_of_the_Zubarran_daz.jpg
    800 x 800 - 805K
  • EzakiEzaki Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My first proper play around with the suit:

forum_2_copy.jpg
    518 x 772 - 325K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I'm subscribed to this and many threads but not getting any notifications... same bug as the last forums? >:(

Anyways, great renders folks! :-)