Welcome to the April Freebie Challenge: "Real People"

Comments

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well it was a try at an extreme caricature self portrait, hair all scooped up under the hat, but it didn't really end up that way. I am a bit more cuddly than that in real life. I refuse to share a real image as the only recentish one I have caught me pulling a funny face as the sun was straight into my face.

ANd yes my avatar is a bit grannyish, Granny Weatherwax that is.

Who's old enough to remember what Chohole looked like in her former incarnation, not so long ago?

Chohole.jpg
    100 x 100 - 6K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2013

There was an incarnation in the middle, but not I think on this forum. Is still current on another one.

She was more a "Real person" Maybe I should have another go at it, if I can remember what freebies I used.

welsh_woman.jpg
    696 x 915 - 471K
    my_avi_from_rendo_av12932.gif
    100 x 100 - 7K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well it was a try at an extreme caricature self portrait, hair all scooped up under the hat, but it didn't really end up that way. I am a bit more cuddly than that in real life. I refuse to share a real image as the only recentish one I have caught me pulling a funny face as the sun was straight into my face.

ANd yes my avatar is a bit grannyish, Granny Weatherwax that is.

Who's old enough to remember what Chohole looked like in her former incarnation, not so long ago?
    That brings back the days.

edited December 1969

Ain't gettin' many people at da boot' dis mont'. Maybe if we wuz sellin' GUNS!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Exhibition Booth by Mr Sparky on Page 1 of the Freepozitory

Gracie Allen Memorial Gymnasium by Chris Cox, probably from Renderosity

Karmasine dress by Sanbie at PFDDelight
    http://www.pfddelights.com/index.php?topic=35.0

Easy Many People by aemi1970 at ShareCG
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/35021/gallery/11/Poser/Easy-many-People

Population Explosion Airport People by Tokidoim -- hopefully this link still works
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=51699

AprilExhibition2.jpg
    1169 x 733 - 187K
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Please forgive me for not being around much the last couple of days. I'm still trying to shake this pesky flu which has put me lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut. My personal thanks to Dorsey for keeping thing lively in my absence and I'm hoping to be a little more active in the next couple of days. If you don't hear from me, then assume I've died 'cause that's how awful I feel right now. I knew I should'a got dat flu shot...I'm so weak I kin hardly lift my beer...

edited December 1969

Yah, Gant, we knew you wuz ailin'. Get better and get back as soon as ye kin!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

I hope you feel better soon, Lord Ganthor! (no, I'm not afraid to use that word)

Dana

edited December 1969

Which word -- Lord? I think he likes it.

edited December 1969

Which word -- Lord? I think he likes it.

No...soon! :bug:

Dana

• edited December 1969

Please tell me a render without ray tracing is acceptable since my computer decides to give me the "gah, you're straining my brain and makin me work and I don't like it" message every time I try. Well. Actually. It just says something about memory.

edited December 1969

Please tell me a render without ray tracing is acceptable since my computer decides to give me the "gah, you're straining my brain and makin me work and I don't like it" message every time I try. Well. Actually. It just says something about memory.

Ray tracing has never been a requirement...but shadows are. You can use the deep shadow rather than ray traced shadows.

Dana

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

Joey and Dolores (da real man's cousin) go ta da city fo' some fun. (Dey left all da kids home wit da oldest dawta.) Joey r'membed a "real nice place" he usta go, but dey got lost...

News Stand http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=65774
    Bruno for Vittorio 4 http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=39679
    eye glasses http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/
    SAV Famous Hat Collection for M4 http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=66816
    fuji hair http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5507/P15/#148092
    Millennium Dog http://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models-and-content/millennium-dog-le
    Mitsu hair for Aiko http://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models-and-content/anime-star-fighter
    Morphing-Newspaper http://www.sharecg.com/v/18198/poser/Morphing-Newspaper
    49 Hudson http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=65488
    fairtale Choker http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=58639
    Simple dress for Genesis http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=68224
    The-SylphBracelets-for-V4 http://www.runtimedna.com/The-SylphBracelets-for-V4.html
    Ultimate-Shader-Pack-for-DAZ-Studio http://www.sharecg.com/v/27568/material-and-shader/Ultimate-Shader-Pack-for-DAZ-Studio
    Warped Wheelees (Simple street background) http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/3d10own.htm

Also used Genesis with default textures and a few freebies that are hard to see so I didn't count them: Sleeveless Dress and Ciri hair.
    One purchased item: Effortless Cool for Genesis

in_da_city.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 413K
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited April 2013

Hi everyone. I appoligize for not being here much lately, but 2 things from real life have hit me. First, TAX TIME! I have been in the books for a while doing the numbers, then, second, I got hit with a stomach virus and lung congestion and was throwing up a lot and my nose was running constant, I even missed a few days of work (and I never miss!), then finally went into the hospital with dehidration from all the liquid loss from throwing up so much. It felt like I was walking around with a 2x4 through my mid body. The flipping of my stomach just would not cease. I lost over 25 lbs. in a week. I was totally "nirvana" and disoriented when I tried to walk from my bed to the bathroom to sit on the floor in front of the toliet for 30 minutes at a time. I finally lost the battle to recover alone and had to seek outside help, so...I went to the hospital. Strangely enough, I was then told, by the hospital, that there were a lot of people coming in with this virus. The hard part is, most of my patients caught it from the lady who brought it all to us (and she was a freebie charity case) and could not come in for their treatments. My business went dead for a week. All because this one lady came in, with her two little boys, ALL three were sniffling and blowing massive amounts out their noses. My wife and I knew it may be a problem, so we treated her and her boys and got them out before they could give it to the patients that were there. Too late...they caught it and then came in and gave it to others...it snowballed very fast. We even germ proofed and sanitized everything they touched including the sign in pen. No good.

I am back home now, but I am very weak. It may take a few days to get my sences back. I will see you all then.

So...I am sorry I have not been here, but it was beyond my control. Please forgive me.

:red:

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wow! That's a lot to go through Music2u4u. So glad your better now. You take care of yourself. Dor an Lor are doing good things here so we will see you when you feel like coming back.

Jeff

Be well.

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Joey and Dolores (da real man's cousin) go ta da city fo' some fun. (Dey left all da kids home wit da oldest dawta.) Joey r'membed a "real nice place" he usta go, but dey got lost...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=62287_uzP84VVaCgWSSFy5ajKZ&thumb=1&board_id=1

Now dat's real nice. Good job onda whole ting. ;-P

Dana

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Hi everyone. I appoligize for not being here much lately, but 2 things from real life have hit me. First, TAX TIME! I have been in the books for a while doing the numbers, then, second, I got hit with a stomach virus and lung congestion and was throwing up a lot and my nose was running constant, I even missed a few days of work (and I never miss!), then finally went into the hospital with dehidration from all the liquid loss from throwing up so much. It felt like I was walking around with a 2x4 through my mid body. The flipping of my stomach just would not cease. I lost over 25 lbs. in a week. I was totally "nirvana" and disoriented when I tried to walk from my bed to the bathroom to sit on the floor in front of the toliet for 30 minutes at a time. I finally lost the battle to recover alone and had to seek outside help, so...I went to the hospital. Strangely enough, I was then told, by the hospital, that there were a lot of people coming in with this virus. The hard part is, most of my patients caught it from the lady who brought it all to us (and she was a freebie charity case) and could not come in for their treatments. My business went dead for a week. All because this one lady came in, with her two little boys, ALL three were sniffling and blowing massive amounts out their noses. My wife and I knew it may be a problem, so we treated her and her boys and got them out before they could give it to the patients that were there. Too late...they caught it and then came in and gave it to others...it snowballed very fast. We even germ proofed and sanitized everything they touched including the sign in pen. No good.

I am back home now, but I am very weak. It may take a few days to get my sences back. I will see you all then.

So...I am sorry I have not been here, but it was beyond my control. Please forgive me.

What's to forgive? :-/ Did you get sick on purpose? You just get better, get rested up...then get your but back in here! ;-P

Dana

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

Music2u4u, I hope you are feeling better. So sorry you got that. It sounds like an awful one. (I have been really lucky the last few years flu-wise.)

You too, Lord Ganthor. I hope you are feeling better real soon.

Tanks, Dana...

• edited December 1969

Dana- I thought about that too, but when I went to render using an Akina light preset the render almost completed, then I got a bug warning. Really? The fact that my studio disappeared from my monitor wasn't a big enough indication that I might have run into a small problem? But hey, I ended up getting sick on the way to work (like knife across stomach pain and almost losing what little I did have in my stomach) so I called in and came home. Should have known I'd catch it from hubby when he had it Friday.

edited December 1969

Dana- I thought about that too, but when I went to render using an Akina light preset the render almost completed, then I got a bug warning. Really? The fact that my studio disappeared from my monitor wasn't a big enough indication that I might have run into a small problem? But hey, I ended up getting sick on the way to work (like knife across stomach pain and almost losing what little I did have in my stomach) so I called in and came home. Should have known I'd catch it from hubby when he had it Friday.

You should just try using the built in lights and set them yourself, and see what happens. If it works and everything is the same except for the light preset, you'll know the preset wasn't too good.

Dana

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

poor music, when it rains it pours sometimes. Take care my friend and get weel. You are greatly missed around here, and my pies are getting stale waiting for you to get better to throw at you.
    and you too LG. no more getting sick around here now...

edited December 1969

Tried responding to the latest posts earlier this Monday afternoon Thailand time, but couldn't sign in because -- as the "Website is offline" page said, "This website uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages when they are unavailable. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site."

Sounds like Cloudflare might be starting another rotten week struggling to back up Spamhaus.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Site is throwing real major wobblies today, for everyone.

It has been reported, not sure how long it will take to filter through or how long it will take to fix, if it is fixable Daz end.

Music and Lord Ganthor, do hope you will be feeling better soon. hugz

oh dogz I am even getting cloudfllare errors on the smilies, you will have to imagine they are there,

• edited April 2013

Snarky

I'm snarky, (me? nah) and have a problem with most "normal" people.
    Ever been around one of those women who does that whiny feel sorry for me voice on EVERYBODY? Yep. I work with one. She tried it on me and I just looked at her and said "I'm supposed to care why?"

Maybe that's why I get labeled as scary...hmmm

Anyway! On to the cool free stuff list!

V4-
    Lovelia for V4 (Morph)
    Debonair for V4 (tweaked)
    Rosina for A4 (texture)
    Hip Jeans for V4++
    LittleDragon Tank (my texture)
    Sensible Shoes V4
    Ponytail V4/V3
    Cigarette Prop (12 down)
    Smoke Prop (16 down)
    Mug (8 down)

A3-
    Myrell Nazgul for V3/A3 (face morph and Tex. only. Free reg. required)
    Daybreak Fetish Set for A3 (pants only 3rd on page)
    Corset shirt for A3
    30 Poses for A3
    Maid Outfit (Shoes only. Second on page)
    Trina hair for V4/V3

M4-
    Layton for M4
    M4 Pose (last on page)
    Sickle Skinny Tee M4H4F4
    Sickle Skater Shoes V4/M4
    M4 Jeans
    McCoy Hair M3/M4

Background Set-
    Back Street

The second photo is to show the tank Texture

start.jpg
    867 x 832 - 184K
    snarky.png
    867 x 832 - 999K
    Post edited by blue_chameleon2002_d161d19223 on
    edited December 1969

Snarky

Ever been around one of those women who does that whiny feel sorry for me voice on EVERYBODY? Yep. I work with one. She tried it on me and I just looked at her and said "I'm supposed to care why?"

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=62347_7cADryMpZw7lEUif370J&thumb=1&board_id=1

I take it that the blonde is the whiny one? She is real...real skinny. I like the expression on the sitting girl's face! It's like she's saying, "Oh, please!"

Dana

• edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Snarky

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=62347_7cADryMpZw7lEUif370J&thumb=1&board_id=1

I take it that the blonde is the whiny one? She is real...real skinny. I like the expression on the sitting girl's face! It's like she's saying, "Oh, please!"

Dana

That assumption would be correct. LOL and the oh please expression was what I was going for. The woman I work with is not real real skinny, but she is blonde! She also had the gall to ask one of my closest male friends if he would be her sugar daddy (she was serious). He laughed at her. He isn't really known for sparing people's feelings either. So now I ask him on occasion if he'll be my sugar daddy and bat my eyelashes at him. I either get "the look" or my ribs crushed from a bear hug (the guy is 6 foot tall and one of his arms is almost equal to my waist).

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Okay, I'm thinking that, unless GANTHOR and CHAMELEON can come up with medical certificates or at least really, really gross descriptions of their illnesses, I'll have to declare MUSIC THE WINNER of this month's REAL PUKE MINI CONTEST.

The winner gets a lifetime supply of sick bags designed exclusively for NASA's Vomit Comet astronaut flight trainer.

Seriously, I hope everybody's feeling 100% again real soon.

edited December 1969

LUCI45 -- Fantastic entry, thank you very much! Great to meet Louie's cousin.

LOVE the setting, the story and especially the guy's pose and expression -- looks very Jersey Shore.

All of which brings to mind a line that Springsteen added to Tom Waits' "Jersey Girls" -- "Now go in the bathroom and put your makeup on, we're gonna take those little brats of yours and drop 'em off at your mom's ..."

You've got 6 links to Renderosity that I'm unable to verify, so if Ganthor or anyone else can please do so, I'd appreciate it.

Millennium Dog and Mitsu Hair at DAZ cost money these days and should be listed as paid-for items, but you should still be well ahead in the freebie count.

EVERY OTHER LINK IS FINE, but for Warped Wheelies, it's helpful to indicate where it is on the page, in this case "7th item down".

Otherwise, ENTRY ACCEPTED pending a peek behind the Renderosity curtain.

02_Luci45_-_Joey_and_Delores.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 413K
    edited April 2013

CHAMELEON2002--A very evocative and almost painfully realistic entry. Much appreciated!

Glad to see you got the shadows working, and you did a good job with Just_Last_Knight's Debonair pose. This being V4, of course, she ends up with massive thighs, so a turn of the torso toward the viewer might have pulled her chest over to cover the thigh (and show off more of the tank top). Not to worry, though, because the viewer's attention goes straight to her facial expression, which is terrific, as Dana noted.

You have 1 link at Renderosity (Myrell Nazgul) that TRAMP GRAPHICS has kindly checked. And for links to pages like 3574's M4 poses, just to be safe, it's wise to add an "adult content" advisory in case anyone's got a chronically curious 8-year-old boy watching them browse.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

Got Rocky Horror on the shirt, too! Hmmm, might have to get you to make a prize package one of these days.

03_Chameleon2002_-_Snarky.png
    867 x 832 - 999K
    Post edited by Dorseyland on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

CHAMELEON2002--A very evocative and almost painfully realistic entry. Much appreciated!

Glad to see you got the shadows working, and you did a good job with Just_Last_Knight's Debonair pose. This being V4, of course, she ends up with massive thighs, so a turn of the torso toward the viewer might have pulled her chest over to cover the thigh (and show off more of the tank top). Not to worry, though, because the viewer's attention goes straight to her facial expression, which is terrific, as Dana noted.

You have 1 link at Renderosity (Myrell Nazgul) that someone else is going to have to check. And for links to pages like 3574's M4 poses, just to be safe, it's wise to add an "adult content" advisory in case anyone's got a chronically curious 8-year-old boy watching them browse.

I think it's safe to say ENTRY ACCEPTED, but can somebody have a look at Rendo, please.

Got Rocky Horror on the shirt, too! Hmmm, might have to get you to make a prize package one of these days.

The Myrell Nazgul works fine. The look on the dark haired girl's face is priceless. The blonde looks like the stereotypical Bubble-headed bleach-blonde" type ditzy blonde, which is even more prefect for this scene.
  • edited December 1969

You have 1 link at Renderosity (Myrell Nazgul) that someone else is going to have to check. And for links to pages like 3574's M4 poses, just to be safe, it's wise to add an "adult content" advisory in case anyone's got a chronically curious 8-year-old boy watching them browse.

I think it's safe to say ENTRY ACCEPTED, but can somebody have a look at Rendo, please.

Dorsey- I actually thought about putting the warning on the one link. If you want the Rocky shirt, I'm happy to oblige. I was listening to RHPS on my headphones when I began this render lol.