The Doctor Appreciation thread

Comments

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

It's even more simpler than that. It's easier to give a reptile breasts than it is to find women with no breasts who can act well enough to be on television. :lol:

No, I wasn't serious...

• RosemaryrRosemaryr Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

is that v4? or maybe V5?

V4 with a pretty strong corset morph dialed in... from the Roxana outfit. I don't like to use D/S, so no Genesis, no V5.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Rosemaryr said:
    (Delurking Whovian here...)

I caught the Christmas special, and was particularly enthralled by Clara's dress. So, being a clothes freak and MD user, I just had to start working on one. It's not *exactly* the same: there are ruffles at the shirt-front instead of pin-tucks, and ruffles instead of gathers on the underskirt. But you can see the inspiration (I hope!). Still need to do texturing and detail work on it, though. I haven't decided on whether to tackle the bow that I *think* I see on top of the bustle.

Non Whovian now lurking to see IF this goes any further as I am drooling about that dress.

I just finished up the MD work; it took about a month to do... the bustle was fighting me, as I tried for a symmetrical waterfall effect that I've seen on some reference pics.
    Going to add some buttons on the front, then it's on to posing,
    Should be rendering it out in the next week or two, then adding post-work.... , (dare I say it since I'm not a DAZ official...) ...soon.

edited December 1969

It's even more simpler than that. It's easier to give a reptile breasts than it is to find women with no breasts who can act well enough to be on television. :lol:

No, I wasn't serious...

(Also not serious....)
    Well, we *could* go back to ancient acting traditions and have -boys- playing the part! :cheese:
  • nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

anyway, it isnt really a case of reptilians evolving to look more like humans - reptilians and humans are evolving to look more like Gallifreyans.

• aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Just messing about.
    The Two Masters.

13-01-27_twomasters.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 330K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Rosemaryr said:

I caught the Christmas special, and was particularly enthralled by Clara's dress. So, being a clothes freak and MD user, I just had to start working on one. It's not *exactly* the same: there are ruffles at the shirt-front instead of pin-tucks, and ruffles instead of gathers on the underskirt. But you can see the inspiration (I hope!). Still need to do texturing and detail work on it, though. I haven't decided on whether to tackle the bow that I *think* I see on top of the bustle.

Non Whovian now lurking to see IF this goes any further as I am drooling about that dress.
    ...semi somewhat lurking Whovian here who is doing the same. That is so much like something the Countess of Swindon would wear at one of the "Season" balls..

• nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

I'm surprised nobody has tried to tackle the new TARDIS interior yet. I think i can just about make a top hat for the Doctor. Speaking of which, i do hope he is going to retain his Victorian look throughout the next season - i like it.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...semi somewhat lurking Whovian here who is doing the same. That is so much like something the Countess of Swindon would wear at one of the "Season" balls..

...?Countess of Swindon? Did I miss something along the way?

Anyway, here's the tentative pose: a brolly in the right hand, and a ladder coming down from above near the left hand, some out-of-focus townhouses in the rear...
    Looking for the right hair... either her updo, or the looser style she wears as a serving wench. Nothing I've seen has those wings pulled to the side, so I may have to do some painting in postwork.

Clara2.jpg
    1400 x 645 - 347K
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Rosemaryr said:

Whovian eager to see Chohole's styles on that dress...

As far as the "wings" on the hair, I'm not certain what effect you're looking for, but you might try combining Maya's "Anime Flip" hair (if you have it: most all of his hair models are gone now from his site) with your other shapes.

edited January 2013

Whovian eager to see Chohole's styles on that dress...

As far as the "wings" on the hair, I'm not certain what effect you're looking for, but you might try combining Maya's "Anime Flip" hair (if you have it: most all of his hair models are gone now from his site) with your other shapes.

Well, the dress would have to be Poser/dynamic only, if/when I release it, unless someone undertakes the enormous task of remeshing/rigging for a conforming model.

As for the hair, the closest thing I have found (for the loose style, at least) is Christine Hair
    http://www.daz3d.com/christine-hair
    but the 'wings' are more of a single twist than the style that Clara had:

Clara_DrWho.jpg
    632 x 1105 - 517K
    Post edited by Rosemaryr on
    edited December 1969

Rosemaryr said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...?Countess of Swindon? Did I miss something along the way?

Anyway, here's the tentative pose: a brolly in the right hand, and a ladder coming down from above near the left hand, some out-of-focus townhouses in the rear...
    Looking for the right hair... either her updo, or the looser style she wears as a serving wench. Nothing I've seen has those wings pulled to the side, so I may have to do some painting in postwork.

...the Countess of Swindon, Her Ladyship Meggan Grande, widow of the late Count of Swindon, Sir Guy Grande, is a major character in my Rhapsody in Shadow story. She adopts my little Leela and helps the child like pianist (and former Croatian resistance fighter) back to the concert stage.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

when is the next new episode?

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,573
    edited December 1969

Kyoto, I can't remember.

Were you the one to compose a render of Romana II (Lalla Ward) wearing a sun hat and placing her hand upon the eye-stalk of a Dalek, almost as though she were consoling it? If so, what figure did you employ? That's actually a pretty good interpretation of Ms. Ward's features.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited December 1969

...yes I did.

Used only V4 and several photos of Ms Ward taken at different angles for reference.

Thank you.

edited December 1969

If it was all "dial spins" as opposed to morphing it with magnets or deformers, would you possibly be willing to share her features as a .FC2 "face" pose"? Or if you'd rather "hang onto it" as something that is personally special to you alone, I'll certainly understand.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited January 2013

...unfortunately I no longer have the file as it was on an HD that died a couple years ago along with a rather silly pic of Mel and a Dalek on holiday at the beach (with a bottle of champagne chilling in Lord Stanley's Cup).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I suspect nearly everyone here can personally sympathize with that situation. Besides, I was hoping the face had been accomplished with Aiko 3 since AlDemps and I had assembled a near perfect "Horns of Nimon" ensemble.

Still, thanks for answering.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited December 1969

Slightly off topic (although 1 is based on the Master's TARDIS from 'The Time Monster').

I have uploaded a set of computer props for use in your renders.
    They are simple static props - no moving parts.
    OBJ files are included for use in other programs.

70s Tech
    http://www.ShareCG.com/v/67207/view/11/Poser/70s-Tech

13-02-01_70sTech.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 449K
    edited December 1969

"Nabbed" them earlier this evening. I got a kick from the "company" or "brand" name affixed to the lower right corner of the cabinets being your initials. Clever!

Sincerely,

Bill

edited December 1969

Just messing about.

Have been listening to my Big Finish audios again...
    The 8th Doctor & Charley Pollard

13-02-03_BigFinish.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 395K
  • grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    edited February 2013

Just started on this, the obscure alternate console room.

4thDocAltConsole.jpg
    1257 x 702 - 108K
    Post edited by grinch2901 on
  • blutobluto Posts: 822
    edited December 1969

oh , my . i certainly hope you will be good enough to share that one with the reat of us .
    it really quite beautifull

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited February 2013

I'll add the computer banks to The Doctor Who List, then!

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
    edited February 2013

bluto said:
    oh , my . i certainly hope you will be good enough to share that one with the reat of us .
    it really quite beautifull

I was planning to release it on ShareCG when done. I've always liked this particular console room, it's sort of the forgotten one and nobody has ever (as far as I know) released it.

I did just realize I made a major mistake. The picture I was using as a reference is, I just realized, flipped. So where the viewscreen is sould be a door, and vice versa. So I'm torn about redoing the walls or just shrugging and attributing the discrepancy to the result of some timey wimey stuff in the Tardis.r

Here's a minor update, I prepared a basic fake wood grain texture so I could see how it looked. Also fixed some geometry problems here and there.

SecondaryConsoleRoom1.jpg
    767 x 399 - 59K
  • blutobluto Posts: 822
    edited December 1969

am i correct in thinking you are using hexagon to make this ?
    if so couldnt you use the vertex modeling symmetry tools to flip it into the right way round ?
    just group everything you have there and then it will flip all, then delete the original groups and you are set

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

The leaders of the Daleks, the Golden Emperor, and the Supreme Daleks.

Supreme_Daleks.jpg
    1030 x 870 - 488K
    edited December 1969

That console room looks to be coming on nicely.

Just messing about.

13-02-05_DoctorLeela.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 367K
    edited February 2013

Here's a post of the current state of my Secondary Console Room model. I made a real mess of it trying to UV it and of course it was all backwards so I redid a lot of the geometry of the walls. For the main structure, it's almost done, just need to create some doors (front and side) and UV map it. Right now the textures shown are shaders in Carrara.

The console itself is another matter. It's set up to be a hexagonal writing desk, so each wedge of the hexagon is really a cabinet door. I have to create the insides of each and then figure out how to set up each of the covers to open/close in poser. I th ink it will take a little longer than I'd first thought. But it's getting there.

Feb_6_-_View_2.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 270K
    edited December 1969

Just messing about with Bill's (Redfern's) free Gorn head from the Star Trek thread.

I was trying to see if I could get something that looked as if it could be related to a Silurian.

I parented the head to Hiro3, dressed him in Bluto's cardassian vest (from the Star Trek thread) & used feet from the A3 Sera set (renderosity freestuff). I added a third eye (as per the classic silurian) - a prop from the Davros set.

And the result is...
    Dagon the Destroyer.
    They say his mother was a T-Rex....but not to his face (atleast not twice).

13-02-07_dagon.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 435K