The We Love Gen 4 Render Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...ahhh.

If I'm not correct, doesn't 2012 have that as well

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

yes 2012 had the morph tool, but the one in 2014 works a lot better and has some nifty tools that the previous versions didn't have

2014 has a tighten fit tool, the way you are suppose to use it is for fixing poke through on clothing, you select the clothes, set the goal to your figure, then brush over the poke through and poof its gone, like magic

What i have figured out is you can select props like the sphere and then use the tighten fit tool to add bulges and such to the figure rather than using it to fix poke through

edited December 1969

...now that sounds very interesting.

Alas, I need to find a challenge where 2014 is being given out as a prize. Being unemployed, pretty much restricts me to freebies and 1.99$ PC items. Even the upgrade price from 2012 is more than my budget can handle.

edited December 1969

it was just up as a prize at DSA last month

thier anual halloween contest is coming up in October i am sure it will be up as a prize in that as well

edited December 1969

...agh, so it goes.

Hopefully I'll still have a roof over my head by then. Job scene here is pretty weak, especially if you are over 50.

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

I'm still having way too much fun with all my CDI morph sets. This is V4 with Morphs ++ and Faerime. I think she looks like a Priscilla, so that's what I named her.

prev_priscilla03.jpg
    336 x 876 - 159K
    prev_priscilla02.jpg
    922 x 876 - 344K
  • UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

My latest render with V4. Still my favourite. :)

Elegance.jpg
    712 x 1027 - 81K
  • UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

And the previous one... (both rendered in Poser Pro 2014)

Birds_of_Prey.jpg
    1040 x 616 - 85K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

mmalbert said:
    I'm still having way too much fun with all my CDI morph sets. This is V4 with Morphs ++ and Faerime. I think she looks like a Priscilla, so that's what I named her.

I love that skin!

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited August 2013

Learning PP2012. 3DCheapskate's Worldball set to raytrace w/ IDL on.

V4, Devon by Silver, Tamesis by Surreality, Look at Me Eyes by Raiya , Kleo Dreads by AprilYSH (mats by Surreality), Riae Outfit by Val3dart, Rocky Flats by FirstBastion

Minor postwork on the second one to brighten the colors.

SayWhat.jpg
    500 x 800 - 330K
    Poser_worldball.jpg
    500 x 800 - 205K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    mmalbert said:

I love that skin!

It's a great pale skin, isn't it? And it comes with DS mats! ::much rejoicing::

For anyone who's wondering, that's Ann by Addy, over at Rendo.

Also, I'm liking the Popeye figure. I vaguely remember Popeye cartoons from when I was a kid. He was a violent little dude!

• AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

One of my V4 images,

1stwaveD5.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 630K
  • KalypsoKalypso Posts: 208
    edited December 1969

Happy to see this thread is still active and with such wonderful additions! For me V4 and M4 have always afforded me the versatility I need and with single axis scaling working in Poser I can get as "realistic" or as stylized a character as I want. Here are some of my latest. Note that Tifa Lockhart has had extensive scaling adjustments made to get the long legs/short torso look of her character.
    My late Medieval lady was initially an inspiration and wanting to use Chohole's textures for Sonya and POTS and it evolved from there.

niws01.jpg
    700 x 820 - 484K
    Lockhart.jpg
    700 x 1200 - 338K
    TifaLockhartcloseup.jpg
    700 x 1000 - 355K
    Barnabas.jpg
    700 x 762 - 313K
    Medieval_Lady.jpg
    700 x 800 - 494K
  • jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
    edited December 1969

4th Generation Lives!

Products used in render
    Victoria 4.2 ( http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-2-base )
    Tiffany ( http://www.daz3d.com/tiffany )
    Mane Hair ( http://www.daz3d.com/mane-hair )
    100 Essential Emotions for V4 ( http://www.daz3d.com/100-essential-emotions-for-v4 )
    Carolina Swimsuit ( http://www.daz3d.com/carolina-swimsuit )
    Fantasy Bath ( http://www.daz3d.com/dms-prompt-fantasy )
    Muusa Ethereal Lighting for DS ( http://www.daz3d.com/muusa-ethereal-lighting-for-ds )
    Real Clouds 01 ( http://www.daz3d.com/real-clouds-01 )

I would like to express an opinion praising my favorite merchant-artist who goes by the name Thorne or ThorneWorks recognizing the high quality put into his/her product line. I often visit Thorne's product pages and I have stacked my wishlist of most his/her girls of elves, pixies and nymphs. Thank you Thorne for creating top content for Daz Studio. I look forward to seeing more of your products in the near future.

http://www.daz3d.com/thorne

I currently have Anasi, Barliecorn, Ksenia, Misu and my latest addition Tiffany and of course again my wish list stocked full of Thorne's girls.

Tiffany_SetA2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 458K
    Tiffany_SetA1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 469K
    edited December 1969

loving all the amazing renders, keep em coming

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited August 2013

Nightsong said:
    And...

Your images portray so much emotion and depth. The last one "Serpents Kiss", is just breathtaking! Truly an artistic imagination and one that is gifted enough to bring it to life in this render.

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

M4 and V4

Title: Forbidden

Forbidden_wallpaper.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 298K
  • MinayaMinaya Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Here's my newest render with V4. I still work with the 4th Generation until there is no longer new stuff for them.

sensual_goth_small.jpg
    600 x 800 - 430K
    edited December 1969

Minaya said:
    Here's my newest render with V4. I still work with the 4th Generation until there is no longer new stuff for them.

Like the postwork on this! Oh, and I think we'll keep seeing new stuff for 4th Generation (Vicki at least) for some time to come. Here's something new - the Andromeda suit from Rosity by renapd and -supernova-.

sentientbot.jpg
    700 x 800 - 354K
    edited December 1969

Minaya said:

...nice. One of Ron's water brushes sets?
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited October 2013

The_Unforgiving_Blade_jpg.jpg
    1134 x 1603 - 535K
    Post edited by DireBunny on
  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited December 1969

Ethan for K4

It is a test render actually, but I do like it enough to post it anyway :-)

Ethan.jpg
    600 x 1200 - 279K
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I'm glad you did Glaseye, as he's such a cutie. ;-)

edited December 1969

Here's my latest with Val3D's Misao outfit, I just added the sleeves from SAV's Dragon Lady Dress. One thing I really like about V4 (and I wish other vendors had gone with this idea too) are the interchangeable heads by MayaX. This one here uses Hitomi but I also use Tomo as well. They conform to V4, have the same UV and are loaded with morphs. It's a nice change plus all the clothes still fit. I remember using one for V3 as well, Eszter or Ezster IIRC. Too bad they never became more popular.

misao_night.jpg
    700 x 1200 - 372K
    edited December 1969

Just playing with some new stuff, the Semiramis character and outfit bundle. I just love this morph for V4.

semiramis2.JPG
    700 x 800 - 423K
    semiramis_purple_small_.jpg
    700 x 1120 - 490K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

That bundle is a horrible temptation. I could probably port the morph, but there's next to no way I could get that skirt to behave with autofit. And it doesn't look like something you could just scale and parent.

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,024
    edited September 2013

Two V4's (one is a she-freak) and an M4. It's a WIP and will eventually have 3 more M4's in it.

Urban_Runners.jpg
    750 x 672 - 361K
    Post edited by ChangelingChick on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited September 2013

ist good to have friends

Simona_Snakeattack_52.jpg
    1832 x 1030 - 1M
    Post edited by Ruphuss on
    edited December 1969

Kalypso said:
    Just playing with some new stuff, the Semiramis character and outfit bundle. I just love this morph for V4.

...that's really nice. Really impressed with the lighting.

Do you have Jack's Aslan Court and Moyra's Persian Palace Decor? She'd look wonderful in that setting.