Lora for V5 and Young Teens Question

agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The head preset for a young teen sets the young teen figure to Genesis as clearing it removes it. It makes sense when you have to juggle all the heads and bodies and you have to make sure that presets are doing the correct thing. Presets are just that, presets... if you want to mix or apply percentage, then you would manually do that through shaping or parameters tabs.

So it's not an issue, just a different way of handling presets when you have a product spanning multiple figures and shapes.

If it's only setting the one base shape, that makes perfect sense to me because they're tied to the head morphs for god knows what reason anyway. The only real issue would be if it had applied a bunch of other shaping morphs to the body as well, because people tend to want to be able to mix and match character bodies and heads with those quick presets.

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited March 2013

The head preset for a young teen sets the young teen figure to Genesis as clearing it removes it. It makes sense when you have to juggle all the heads and bodies and you have to make sure that presets are doing the correct thing. Presets are just that, presets... if you want to mix or apply percentage, then you would manually do that through shaping or parameters tabs.

So it's not an issue, just a different way of handling presets when you have a product spanning multiple figures and shapes.

If it's only setting the one base shape, that makes perfect sense to me because they're tied to the head morphs for god knows what reason anyway. The only real issue would be if it had applied a bunch of other shaping morphs to the body as well, because people tend to want to be able to mix and match character bodies and heads with those quick presets.

Then don't use the preset and you shouldn't if you're mixing. That's why my morphs have the LOR_ prefix so they can easily be found. The presets only (and should) remove what was set. With a product that uses V5 and Young teen base morphs, this is how the product should be set up, otherwise there would be more complaints about having morphs for the wrong character set when setting a head or body.. The presets are not going to remove any other setting you set up. Presets are supposed to add and cleanly remove items, so this does as designed. And this is something that's not going to change, because it will not pass QA otherwise.

And this discussion is really derailing the commercial thread, so this really that should be said on the topic.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited March 2013

Then don't use the preset and you shouldn't if you're mixing. That's why my morphs have the LOR_ prefix so they can easily be found. The presets only (and should) remove what was set.
    Yes. But head presets should not set body shapes except the 'bases' like V5 M5, etcetera which are the equivalent of different figures. Don't use the preset? The entire reason for still having separate head presets is so people are able to quickly switch out different heads with different bodies. If it loads anything other than the head with its basic figure shape, it's not a 'head' preset, at the very least, and should not be labeled as such.

We never were talking about removal to begin with, so not sure what's up with the reference to it.

Do the Lora head presets add any body shapes beyond the 'base' figure shapes? From what's been said thus far, I can't tell. I'd assumed they didn't at first, but the fact that you're skirting this point is worrisome.

And this discussion is really derailing the commercial thread, so this really that should be said on the topic.

You're kidding me. Discussing an aspect of your product is derailing your commercial thread?
    Post edited by agent unawares on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited March 2013

Then don't use the preset and you shouldn't if you're mixing. That's why my morphs have the LOR_ prefix so they can easily be found. The presets only (and should) remove what was set.
    Yes. But head presets should not set body shapes except the 'bases' like V5 M5, etcetera which are the equivalent of different figures. Don't use the preset? The entire reason for still having separate head presets is so people are able to quickly switch out different heads with different bodies. If it loads anything other than the head with its basic figure shape, it's not a 'head' preset, at the very least, and should not be labeled as such.

(sigh) Head presets set the custom morph plus the base morph associated with it. There is a corresponding preset removes the custom morph plus the base shape associated with it. So preset cleans up what they set and ensure when you set the ON preset, it gives you the character as designed and makes sure you don't have the wrong custom morph with the wrong base character. I'm not sure how much clearer I can be.

We never were talking about removal to begin with, so not sure what's up with the reference to it.

Yes we were, and that's the part you're missing.

Do the Lora head presets add any body shapes beyond the 'base' figure shapes? From what's been said thus far, I can't tell. I'd assumed they didn't at first, but the fact that you're skirting this point is worrisome.

I'm not skirting. You're not understanding, which is even more worrisome.

You're kidding me. Discussing an aspect of your product is derailing your commercial thread?

I'm not. The question was answered several times and why it was done this way. So discussing it further is really derailing and a TOS violation. I hate to be like this, but really. If you're not getting it after 3 posts why this was done this way then I have to stop the conversation from derailing the thread.

The presets work as they should and I'm not changing them because they would fail QA and never be released in the product anyway.

Is it clear now? Read the bolded part again and again until it makes sense, because that's the part you really need to understand.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited March 2013

Yes we were, and that's the part you're missing.
    Kattey mentioned removal once, along with injection. I only ever focused on adding morphs. Kattey can't even read your posts...the conversation you're having is with me.

(sigh) Head presets set the custom morph plus the base morph associated with it. There is a corresponding preset removes the custom morph plus the base shape associated with it. So preset cleans up what they set and ensure when you set the ON preset, it gives you the character as designed and makes sure you don't have the wrong custom morph with the wrong base character. I'm not sure how much clearer I can be.

I'm not skirting. You're not understanding, which is even more worrisome.

I'm understanding perfectly what you've written. The problem is that there's not enough information. You won't outright say 'head presets only add head morphs and base figure morphs.' You won't clarify that there are no additional body morphs like breast size or muscularity or other shaping added with the head morphs. Granted, it might be [and probably is] because of some miscommunication between us, or indeed you might have intended to say this all along, but when I see a vendor of something continue to say 'we did this for a reason' instead of just addressing the issue itself, I'm a little leery.

Just like when clothing pokes through the base character. If I saw a discussion on it and posted in the thread 'I'm confused. Clothes shouldn't poke through Genesis' then got a response from the vendor saying 'this clothing was modeled like this for a reason, if we didn't do it it would never pass QA, our design works exactly as intended' I have become after some association with salespeople [and a fair amount of writing tech data sheets myself] very wary that the response wasn't something straightforward like 'the clothing doesn't poke through Genesis' or 'the clothing pokes through Genesis, but we feel it isn't a problem, here's why.'

I'm not. The question was answered several times and why it was done this way. So discussing it further is really derailing and a TOS violation.
    Asking for information on a product is not a TOS violation even if I'm not agreeing with you while doing so, surprisingly enough. Might want to check it again.

The presets work as they should and I'm not changing them because they would fail QA and never be released in the product anyway.

Is it clear now? Read the bolded part again and again until it makes sense, because that's the part you really need to understand.
    Yes, it's clear. You're not answering the actual question in a straightforward manner. All you're saying is 'I'm doing it right.' That's not helpful in any way whatsoever.

All I want is a clear answer to this. "Do the Lora head presets add any body shapes beyond the ‘base’ figure shapes?"

"(sigh) Head presets set the custom morph plus the base morph associated with it." doesn't actually answer that, because I could say that for any full character preset as well as head presets. It's impossible for me to tell whether you're talking about it setting a character body morph or just V5/teens body shapes. I suspect the latter, but a simple yes/no answer to the question as phrased would make things clear.

Post edited by agent unawares on