How to render image series with Luxus / LuxRender?

edited March 2013 in The Commons

Hi,

I just bought Luxus, an I love the plugin. I'm trying now to render a sequence of images. I can select "images series", I have played with "halt at time", but all I get is grey images. In history, I get "failed to load image" on each frame.

Any idea how to manage that?

thank you!

Post edited by karolinegeorges_d675bb6bbd on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I dont think it is possible. Lux is an Open ended render engine (Renders until you stop it) so it has no signal to tell DS to start the next render. DS has the Render Finished Tag (my own wording not the real one) that the end of the File write has happened and it can now to move on to the next render.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I dont think it is possible. Lux is an Open ended render engine (Renders until you stop it) so it has no signal to tell DS to start the next render. DS has the Render Finished Tag (my own wording not the real one) that the end of the File write has happened and it can now to move on to the next render.

It's possible...there is a 'halt on' command that's part of Lux. It can be set a couple of different ways

But it's not all that easy to do...I haven't done it myself, so I don't know all the ins/outs of it. I do know, though, that it isn't quick/easy.

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

With the LuxRender interface open, on the 2nd tab (Queue) There is an "Override scene halt conditions". This is where you set the conditions (time, samples per pixel, or convergence threshold) which will stop the image at the appropriate preference.

There is more specific info here on rendering multiple frame images....

http://www.luxrender.net/wiki/Animation_Rendering

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2013

If you're unsure how long the render will take you can cycle a loop render.

On a series of files I want to render I load them into the queue, I set the time for 2 hrs. (7200 seconds) for each render.
    When it gets to the end of the last file in the queue it goes back to the beginning of the queue and starts all over building off the progress of where it left off, not starting over.

I think there is a Loop Queue on the interface you need to check off, but I don't have Lux on this laptop so I tried to google a search for that part of the interface I didn't see it, but I did find this guy...

Screen_shot_2013-03-15_at_11.44_.20_AM_.png
    374 x 343 - 147K
    Post edited by StratDragon on
    edited December 1969

StratDragon is correct. The Loop Queue is also on the Queue tab (top right) :)

• edited December 1969

thank you all...but I still can't render an animation (image series)....when I hit the render button via Daz, with the "image series" function, I can't get to the Lux GUI, the rendering just start and I get the "failed to load image" info for each frame, in a quick sequence for each frame. I also notice I can't render a movie (I prefer an image serie, but I could work with a simple movie too). So I understand Luxrender is good for still images only, am I right?

edited December 1969

In your Render Settings in DS....Below where you choose LuxRender, did you make sure to have the Lux Render GUI set to "On"? Then it should pop up when rendering and you can get to the other settings...

edited December 1969

Also, the link I posted above deals with rendering more than still images in LuxRender..... I haven't played with it enough to say, so hopefully that will be useful. :)

• edited December 1969

yes, GUI set to on, on a IMAC, here's what I get:

failed.jpg
    462 x 354 - 91K
    edited March 2013

Oohhhh...IMAC - yep. Hopefully the Spheric sees this one. :) I am sure he will as he seems to be in and out quite a bit.

Post edited by Digital Lite Design on
  • edited December 1969

GUI set to on for a still image guides me directly to Luxrender, but not when I use the "image series" option.

• edited December 1969

ah, so this could be a Mac issue.....damn....:roll:

edited March 2013

I have not tried it on a PC, and can't before I get home tonight. So I am not sure..... It may be both. I know....I am no help. LOL

Post edited by Digital Lite Design on
  • edited December 1969

well you are trying to help, I appreciate a lot! :) thank you Kat

• SphericLabsSphericLabs Posts: 598
    edited December 1969

yes, GUI set to on, on a IMAC, here's what I get:

I see the message, but is it creating the images?

• edited December 1969

it gives grey images, rendered in a sec for each of them

• edited December 1969

here's what I get:

testing004.png
    1920 x 1080 - 8K
    edited December 1969

it gives grey images, rendered in a sec for each of them

Try giving at least 20 seconds per frame. Also, try turning the GUI off.

• edited December 1969

I already tried GUI off...and 60 secondes by frame (and 120...and 300)....I always get the same result

edited December 1969

I will see what I can figure out.

• edited December 1969

yay, thank you!

edited December 1969

still looking

• edited December 1969

still waiting...is there any following on the images sequence render?

• kam-2511689kam-2511689 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Wow - -I have been banging my head for days on the same issue. I guess no love or support on this. What a waste of time and money.