How to preperly save a new CHARACTER

cyberspeed1cyberspeed1 Posts: 18
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello all,
I recently created a new body shape for Genesis.
After i load, it i have to adjust the rig automatically to the new shape, because its not done automatically, when i put the slider to 100% bones wont move, the auto rig solves the problem, but if i try to mix with other Genesis shapes, bones wont follow like it would with default Genesis or after the auto rig solves the problem if i move the slider back to zero bones again wont follow, can someone please tell me what is that I'm missing? I've looked for answers but many pages wont show up.

And if i would like to save as a .dsf character i load genesis, i apply that morph shape that i did, and i save it using the save as character function, but if i open a new project and i click on that new character created wont load it asks first to select something in the scene, my question is.
how do you save it so when you double click it, to load genesis automatically then that morph shape and the bones to be in place, same way you would load Michael 5 or v5 or anything else.
please can someone tell me the exact steps, I've tried and tried, but its still all new to me.
thank you in advance.

Comments

• BeyondBeliefsBeyondBeliefs Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

When I save a morph code then I have to put a generic genisis figure on the screen and apply the morph code to it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,844
    edited December 1969

You need to get the rigging set correctly, with the morph at 100%, and then use ERC Freeze... from the Property Editor pane's option menu (right-click on the tab, or click the button in the top corner). Set the morph as the property, with Figure and Node set to Genesis and the node with the controls. Now save your morph (File>Save as>Support Asset>DSF Morph) and it should work.

• cyberspeed1cyberspeed1 Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much Richard, now that was a fast and prompt answer and str8 to the point on what i was asking, thank you thank you.

I'm sure there are some tutorials out there, but every time i try to click on any link that i find using google search they all come up with HTTP 404 ERROR or some weird characters, i can't explain how frustrating was, since i got the DAZ STUDIO for free now i'm able to fulfill my dream, hehe, yaaay.

If from time to time when i'll end up with a "blocked road" in my learning curve, and i'll post here for help, that means it will be such a smooth sailing, answer was exactly what i was looking for, boy i better stop writing now and get back to work, but i'm so super excited cause after three full weeks, yep you heard it right, THREE FULL WEEKS, of trial and error now it works. YAAAAYYY.HEHE :)

edited December 1969

Glad to have helped.

• hiker_1hiker_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

were is this 'auto rig' feature found? i've searched all over and can't find it... also, will it work for non-genesis figures?

tia

edited December 1969

It's adjust rigging to shape, and no it won't work on legacy figures as far as I know (it should work on TriAx figures other than Genesis though). I can't check just now, but I think it's in the Joint Editor's context 9right-click) menu and/or the Tool Settings pane's option menu when the Joint Editor is the active tool.

edited June 2012

ok.. i found it.. and sure enough, it only works with triax figures.... i thought a triax figure *was* a genesis figure...

how do you rig a legacy figure?

Post edited by hiker_1 on
    edited December 1969

From which stage? In outline, starting from scratch, you need to use the Figure setup pane and choose legacy(Parametric) at the top, then import your OBJ by right-clicking in the geometry panel (must be Poser scale if you are going to export to CR2), drag it into the hierarchy pane to create bones and drag and drop them to create the desired arrangement; right click to set rotation order and weld options (and optionally to hide unwanted parameters). When done, click Create and use the Joint Editor to adjust start/end points and to set the fall off properties.

edited December 1969

the geometry panel is grayed out.. the context menu does not have any selection to import a figure.

edited December 1969

You are right clicking inside the panel? What you want is to import an OBJ (Add Geometry) - it won't be a figure until you've set up the hierarchy of bones and created it.

edited December 1969

got it figured out.. thanks for your help!