Star Trek Builders Thread!

Comments

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    bwaomega said:
    The problem is not with the e-bots, it is with log-ins. I have not once missed a notification since I started making sure I was ACTUALLY logged in when viewing the thread. If you're not logged in, it doesn't know you visited, and so it thinks you still haven't come from the last notifier it sent you.

Still, I don't like a machine deciding for me when to unsubscribe. Once you start following a thread, it should continue to notify you till YOU decide to stop.

The problem is that instead of sending you an ebot every time someone posts, it sends you one for the first new post, then doesn't send you another until you visit the thread. If it didn't know you were logged in, it doesn't know you visited.

And that is the exact same system that the prior two forum builds had as well. It's not an uncommon one for a potentially busy forum.

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited June 2012

Okay, book seven in my Nova Trek series is now available for download at the Tamerlane site. This is the third part of "A Tale of Two Captains". Hope folks enjoy it:

http://usstamerlane.com/MainForum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=932

Page-00--DAZ.jpg
    675 x 885 - 135K
    Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,210
    edited December 1969

The shaders in the Supersuit packages work great on other items. I used some on Starkiller's Connie.

Connie.jpg
    800 x 337 - 97K
  • blutobluto Posts: 822
    edited December 1969

For those that are interested. I've posted the 2nd page to my webcomic on my blog.

It can be found here: The Final Frontier

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Pages will go up on a weekly basis (usually Monday). Some weeks I will have postings mid-week. These postings will be bout the characters, concepts, and other stuff that make up the universe of The Final Frontier.

Thanks for the page views, folks. I would appreciate some comments though to let me know how I'm doing so far...

looks good to me

• blutobluto Posts: 822
    edited December 1969

quick update on the cardassian battle vest , it is being rigged by patience ,
    i have played with her first test version and it rocks out loud

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    quick update on the cardassian battle vest , it is being rigged by patience ,
    i have played with her first test version and it rocks out loud

golly thanks [? bashful smiley]

'teenie issue' with "1 spot" to be resolved OR ignored ... we'll see how it goes.

this is the test version atm ... [ignore the colors]

Mr Sapphire2 is wearing it ... he's available over on my MediaFire page. [face morph not included]

rigged.jpg
    487 x 490 - 24K
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    The shaders in the Supersuit packages work great on other items. I used some on Starkiller's Connie.

Sold!!!

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Okay, book seven in my Nova Trek series is now available for download at the Tamerlane site. This is the third part of "A Tale of Two Captains". Hope folks enjoy it:

http://usstamerlane.com/MainForum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=932

Great story I enjoyed it very much Thanks

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

was it ever stated anywere how many containers are able to be towed, or is it almost unlimited due to biend space. i have 15 here

shipping.jpg
    800 x 800 - 404K
    edited June 2012

crownlion said:
    was it ever stated anywere how many containers are able to be towed, or is it almost unlimited due to biend space. i have 15 here

Never stated because It's not considered cannon. BUT, when I used it in my latest Nova Trek, I used 4 and that looked about right.

edited December 1969

crownlion said:

Running lights?!

edited December 1969

crownlion said:

Running lights?!

Running lights would be good.

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Maybe it's the lighting, but I only see 14 containers ... ;)

edited June 2012

Ptrope said:

Whoops! Lost one! Now he'll have to turn around and go find it! :)

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Bet that would be a lot easier with running lights ... ;)

edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    Bet that would be a lot easier with running lights ... ;)

:lol:

• Charlie TunaCharlie Tuna Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    crownlion said:

Never stated because It's not considered cannon. BUT, when I used it in my latest Nova Trek, I used 4 and that looked about right.
    I saw somewhere that the most they usually towed was 3 'cans' though they could most likely they could haul more at lower speeds.

edited June 2012

In case anybody's interested, SheFreak 4 is $1.99 atm. Think Klingon ;-)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/she-freak-v4

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/millennium-cat-le Free cat atm ... Think Data.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,237
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Ptrope said:

Whoops! Lost one! Now he'll have to turn around and go find it! :)

(&*&%^^^&* Ferengi

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 617
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    I'll have to see if I can hunt mine up, but as I recall from the Tech Manual (from where those ship designs came from) I think that 2 tandem containers were the standard limit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_Star_Fleet_Technical_Manual

As for the running lights...unfortunately, as per Standard Star Fleet Regulation Section 31 Paragraph 42: "Running Light controling circuitry pannels are to be located in the last container in the tandem cargo strings when under tow by Ptolemy Class starships"*

It would appear that the problems with your running lights is because you dropped one. Good luck finding it

*--this regulation, of course, is bullshitforthelolz

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Type 7 shuttle was a easy conversion to poser! I have to say this is one of my favorites shuttle from TNG.

type7.jpg
    600 x 512 - 67K
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Nice Shuttle :)

another render by me

large version at my DA gallery

tos-female-capt-chair1sm.jpg
    800 x 461 - 361K
  • Charlie TunaCharlie Tuna Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Type 7 shuttle was a easy conversion to poser! I have to say this is one of my favorites shuttle from TNG.

Nice looking craft :)
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,035
    edited December 1969

To tommyg6913: Got your PM message. I tried to reply, but with the new forum software I cant tell. I hope you get the message.

David

edited December 1969

and one more render

larger at DA

LtDMoore-usssentinel1sm.jpg
  • DemonslayerDemonslayer Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

There's a lot of beautiful artwork here. :)

Ken :)

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    and one more render

larger at DA

Absolutely love this card series, especially the characters, wonderful! Please keep them coming.

-- Walt Sterdan

edited December 1969

thanks, working on another right now :-)

edited December 1969

and here it is

planet-study1sm.jpg
    800 x 461 - 253K
    edited December 1969

"Indubitably" there's some overlap [esp in the pipe trim] but "nothing to write home about". ;-)

It's as ready as it'll ever be ... sent to Bluto.

n.b. Does have 'holding textures' so you can easily find where to edit the files to load in your preferences. This is an item for which shaders can work very nicely. The general vest itself is basically as Bluto designed. There was a minor issue which needed resolving for rigging; resulted in having to reuvmap the vest ... so I also redid the pipe trim and did a little line editing; added smoothing, so it looks very nice with many of the available shaders which I was testing in Daz Studio. These are all D/S3 renders. The shaders were for the most part, free ones from various websites.

Templates included.

Bonus! Free "T" and "Y" .obj joints for any modeler wishing to use them to join those thickened lines joints.
    Yes, you read that right, "Free Joints"!!!

okay ... [it's been a long week]

5.jpg
    489 x 600 - 29K
    4.jpg
    600 x 600 - 91K
    3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 36K
    2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 30K
    1.png
    720 x 758 - 267K
This discussion has been closed.