Star Trek Builders Thread!

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I was just looking at that. Had to call my mom and tell her about it since shes a ST fan.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited September 2012

is a funny little interactive doodle :)

Post edited by MotoTsume on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

OK, who's found the tribbles...? :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

I had to go back and look. I missed the tribble the first time.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    Haven't found tribbles, but I did make it to the transporter room.

You're there. Look closely at the overhead panel on the left — does it seem loose, maybe because there are a couple gazillion tribbles piled up behind it...?

And for a bonus, what colour is the "e" wearing?

BTW, there's more than one way to attack the Gorn. Choose one of the ones that doesn't work, and you've only gorn and made him all snarly.

edited December 1969

Well, crap... I have to redo the whole Holodeck. Thought I had all the flipped normals solved only to find out I created more.

Other then that, it looked great.

edited September 2012

Anyone remember where there is a 7of9 prop for the left eye of any character?

Thank you! :)

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,243
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

http://timberoo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d55666x

you need to have the V4 cowl and gloves from the bodysuit expansion

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Love the Doodle!

edited December 1969

Thank you Tim!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Flag! New and Improved!

http://www.mediafire.com/?gy7hp6g7g7u4cw9 Flag01-nc

http://www.sharecg.com/v/64603/view/11/Poser/Flag01-nc

The .cr2 loads the flag AND the morphs which can be found somewhere over on the Parameters Tab.
    Then there are inj/rem files in a pose file somewhere under my name ... do not move those around!
    Everything is neatly packaged in a Runtime ready to merge [W7] into any Runtime you wish to use.

I hope this works in Poser but it wasn't tested there.
    Created in D/S3 ... appears to load and work fine in D/S4.0

Flag is reversible. It is not attached to the flagpole so you can resize either part.
    Uvmapped ... shaders appear to work nicely on the flagpole.

Displayed texture and template is included.

5.jpg
    600 x 569 - 59K
    4.jpg
    500 x 600 - 34K
    3.jpg
    471 x 600 - 49K
    2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 58K
    1.jpg
    460 x 569 - 39K
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    Haven't found tribbles, but I did make it to the transporter room.

You're there. Look closely at the overhead panel on the left — does it seem loose, maybe because there are a couple gazillion tribbles piled up behind it...?

And for a bonus, what colour is the "e" wearing?

BTW, there's more than one way to attack the Gorn. Choose one of the ones that doesn't work, and you've only gorn and made him all snarly.

Did you notice he 'cries!'. hehehe ...

• wolfgang_1wolfgang_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Have a look : http://www.sawvision.com/freebie7.html

edited September 2012

Thank you Wolfgang.

I am pleased to say that the redo of the Holodeck will be to everyones advantage.

At least I know what all the pieces are and where they go!

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

I know this is way off-topic, but we all do projects away from 'Trek on occation and frankly, I had no idea where else to go to ask this, so...

This engine and the rest of the train- coal car, passenger, baggage freight and caboose, have been in my runtime for nearly five years now. I built them before I'd ever heard of Sketchup or any other modeling program- they're built entirely with primatives in Poser 5 if I remember right. The problem is, the .pp2 for the engine weighs in at 43.7 MBs- an obj file hits 69.7.
    So the question is, is there a good, free program that can reduce the size of these files without messing with the quality of the models? I'm thinking they'd have to be reduced by half at least before anyone would be willing to use them.

Train-Engine--WEB.jpg
    900 x 616 - 136K
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    I know this is way off-topic, but we all do projects away from 'Trek on occation and frankly, I had no idea where else to go to ask this, so...

This engine and the rest of the train- coal car, passenger, baggage freight and caboose, have been in my runtime for nearly five years now. I built them before I'd ever heard of Sketchup or any other modeling program- they're built entirely with primatives in Poser 5 if I remember right. The problem is, the .pp2 for the engine weighs in at 43.7 MBs- an obj file hits 69.7.
    So the question is, is there a good, free program that can reduce the size of these files without messing with the quality of the models? I'm thinking they'd have to be reduced by half at least before anyone would be willing to use them.

Believe it or not, but DS has always been good at compressing obj. I dont know the exact setting BUT if you use the OBJ2PP2 exporter it will save out a brand new OBj thats nicely compressed. To give you an example, the Holodeck I am converting, the final OBJ from Carrara is 269MB with everything in it. The compressed OBJ from DS was 167MB.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    mdbruffy said:

Believe it or not, but DS has always been good at compressing obj. I dont know the exact setting BUT if you use the OBJ2PP2 exporter it will save out a brand new OBj thats nicely compressed. To give you an example, the Holodeck I am converting, the final OBJ from Carrara is 269MB with everything in it. The compressed OBJ from DS was 167MB.

Okay, downloaded Daz.. As soon as I get a free moment (Fingers crossed) I'll install it and see what I can do. Thanks Mattymanx.

edited December 1969

The PP2 Exporter is here - http://www.mediafire.com/?3m5gbz5f8bjjgjm - just place it anywhere in the Content folder tree, wont matter where. (after you unrar it)

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    The PP2 Exporter is here - http://www.mediafire.com/?3m5gbz5f8bjjgjm - just place it anywhere in the Content folder tree, wont matter where. (after you unrar it)

Got it. Thanks.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

I'm somewhat new to DS4. I don't see a folder (or other) labeled 'Content' in the DAZStudio4 folder

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

DS 4 uses the My Library folder by default. My Library and Content are just default names, there's no significance to them and you can call your content directories anything you like (that uses US-standard characters).

edited September 2012

DS 4 uses the My Library folder by default. My Library and Content are just default names, there's no significance to them and you can call your content directories anything you like (that uses US-standard characters).

I don't have a My Library folder. Perhaps I should make one? And it should be placed where?

Post edited by Elowan on
    edited December 1969

You can place your "Content/My Library" folder anywhere you want. None of my content is on my C Drive, its all on my E Drive and currently I have it seperated as DS3+Poser Content, DS4 Content and DS45 Content (not actual names) just to avoid mixing stuff that I dont want mixed. Though considering how much I am likeing DS45 over DS4, I can see me combining those two.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    You can place your "Content/My Library" folder anywhere you want. None of my content is on my C Drive, its all on my E Drive and currently I have it seperated as DS3+Poser Content, DS4 Content and DS45 Content (not actual names) just to avoid mixing stuff that I dont want mixed. Though considering how much I am likeing DS45 over DS4, I can see me combining those two.

Ah so! TYVM! That's a neat idea.

edited September 2012

Your welcome Elowan! :)

The corridor set is finally finished. Still need to make some nice thumbnails for it. The Holodeck is all done too. Both sets need promos still though. I am also waiting for permission to distribute the Holodeck. Same guy made the corridors and gave me permisison for those already so hopefully it wont be a problem, usally is not. Either way, I am hoping to start on my scene/render for the holodeck scene I want to do tomorrow.

edited December 1969

? where the post is in which this was recommended however it's GREAT!

So: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556
    Large Address Aware ... doesn't install anything. Enables 32 bit .exe files you choose to use more of the available memory on a 64 bit computer. Not recommended for use if one has less than 3G available.

I tried it on that copy of the recalcitrant 'newest' Hexagon on my W7 laptop and got "lines" working as they should be. Yes!
    Was also able to get an old music program to load on first try without freezing the entire computer.

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Where is the Voyager bridge to be found at this time?

This discussion has been closed.