Star Trek Builders Thread!

Comments

• edited December 1969

Yay found you at last .....with a little help :).....Thanks mdbruffy....

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    Frank0314 said:
    The new forum software couldn't carry over over the post counts. Our forum was the same way when we switched.

There's a new product for Daz!

12 Quatloos to have your old post count manually added to your current post count! (wouldn't 12 Quatloos be the same as 3 Loos?) (Or would it be 48 Loos?) (Math on The Loo is never a good idea...)

naw it all boils down to gold pressed latinium

Yeah, but not even the most lavish Ferengi can wipe with gold pressed latinium!

At least not bricks like you pictured. I suppose some sort of foil may work.

Hmmm...

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited May 2012

bluto said:
    Frank0314 said:
    The new forum software couldn't carry over over the post counts. Our forum was the same way when we switched.

There's a new product for Daz!

12 Quatloos to have your old post count manually added to your current post count! (wouldn't 12 Quatloos be the same as 3 Loos?) (Or would it be 48 Loos?) (Math on The Loo is never a good idea...)

naw it all boils down to gold pressed latinium

Yeah, but not even the most lavish Ferengi can wipe with gold pressed latinium!

At least not bricks like you pictured. I suppose some sort of foil may work.

Hmmm...

Scratchy! :grrr:

You've heard of conspicuous consumption? You can have the other side of the "coin".

The purest Latinum wrapped in a safe, but micro-thin foil (of worthless, but ultimately protective gold). Relatively safe on plumbing.

For the well-to-do Feringi who just doesn't give a s***.

And that's it! 26 posts! No longer a "New Member". Hahah, but don't think you're rid of me yet. Unless you are, but that would be a coincidence.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Dawnie said:
    Yay found you at last .....with a little help :).....Thanks mdbruffy....

You're welcome.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Have to ask :P , How is it going with the Founder and the Jem Ha'dar morphs?

• blutobluto Posts: 822
    edited December 1969

they are pretty much done , work schedule has been a real bear lately so i haven had anything more that a few minuates here and there to do anything .
    when i get a few days in a row i will package them up and send it out for testing .
    once i recieve confermation they work as advertised they go into the package with the rest of the morphs .
    when all the morphs are done , i will put them up on share cg .
    that had always been the plan

edited December 1969

Surprise, surprise! click on the link and right to the Post! I like that.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,237
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Surprise, surprise! click on the link and right to the Post! I like that.

Must be nice I haven't gotten a notification for this thread or for three of the other four that I'm subscribed to:coolmad:

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited May 2012

Ah-hah! So it's finally up and .... well, crawling!. No double-spacing? Fagh!!

The thread looks kind of bare, so I guess it's a good time to post a pic. I'm still working on the 'season 4' update of the TOS engineering room, and had planned on leaving the 'washer & dryer' units to be taken care of by XCalpPro's freebie, but they were so long that they barely fit into the available space and left almost no room to walk around, so, of course, I had to model those too. ;)

While I was at it, I decided to modify them a tad, as well - I opened up the backs, and made the various cylinders on them into containers that glow with contained energies. I also decided, since this related to "The Time Trap," to incorporate the little alcove where Kali (the Klingon) hides the explosive device - it's that little dark rectangle on the back of the far unit shown here. I also added more definite controls to the already-existing console that before appeared to have half of a plumbing fitting stuck on it, and added a display screen directly above it, so now these units appear to be interactive.

Full-size image: http://ptrope.deviantart.com/art/Washer-Dryer-WIP-303230172

washer_dryer_wip_by_ptrope-small.JPG
    Post edited by Ptrope on
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    In case anyone's intrested:

Interesting ;).

(btw, no apostrophe in that first "its" ... ;) )

edited June 2012

speaking of latinum and quatloos , is there any interest in this

the quatloo betting token , the only coin of value in triskellion

CASH.jpg
    Post edited by bluto on
    edited May 2012

You bet! :cheese: Those look great.

Post edited by Ptrope on
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited May 2012

bluto said:
    speaking of latinum and quatloos , is there any interest in this

the quatloo betting token , the only coin of value in triskellion

Only if you can tell me whether a Quatloo is Four Loos, or One Fourth of a Loo.

Gotta stock up on Latinum Loo Paper if it's 4! That's a lotta Loos!

Post edited by Sockratease on
    edited May 2012

testing to see if forum thread sorting has been fixed, as I suspect it might have

seems i was wrong

Post edited by MotoTsume on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    testing to see if forum thread sorting has been fixed, as I suspect it might have

seems i was wrong

New threads appear first, but new posts don't bump threads to the top yet.

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

seems i was wrong

New threads appear first, but new posts don't bump threads to the top yet.

ya i saw that with my test

• Charlie TunaCharlie Tuna Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

it'll be nice when the reply bots start working all the time instead of just some of it.8-/

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

To make sure they work, make sure you are LOGGED IN when you view the thread. Once I started checking that (and the Forums do log you out after a period of inactivity), I have not missed a notification.

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

My latest Seven render large version at DA http://jaguarry3.deviantart.com/#/d51yv9n

greetings_from_the_delta_Quadrant_sml.jpg
  • Charlie TunaCharlie Tuna Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

jaguarry3 said:
    My latest Seven render large version at DA http://jaguarry3.deviantart.com/#/d51yv9n

To use a term Seven used quite often, "That picture is quite efficient" :)
  • mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Here (with much help from GRFK DSGN) are the glowing Romulan tattoos that Bluto wanted.

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/62356/view/11/Poser/Glowing-Romulan-Tattoos-for-M4

Sorry DAZ Studio pals, but this is all Material Room majikx and probably will work only in Poser.

Go to the Material room folder to apply these textures.

romtat02.jpg
    480 x 526 - 76K
    edited December 1969
    voymarquislt-sciencesSM.jpg
    624 x 800 - 87K
  • crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited June 2012

xo giving the co a quick brief before mission

Image removed by a moderator till resized...please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited December 1969

try again

q.jpg
    edited December 1969

hopefully photo the size it needs to be. briefing room with cpts ready room of on the side

briefing1.jpg
    edited December 1969

Looks intresting. TOS or NG? I'm asking because your characters are wearing TOS uniforms while the structure looks NG.

edited December 1969

definetly looks NG to me - nice work :-)

• mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

I've been working on an "undersuit" to go beneath the Cardassian uniform tunic Bluto is working on. I had to improvise a little since I couldn't track down a picture of a Cardassian without his tunic on. How does this look? I made the texture for the M4 Bodysuit, but perhaps I should have just made it as a second skin for M4?

CardassianUndersuit.jpg
    edited December 1969

Looks good:)

Here is another render from me

YoungBajoranEnsignSM.jpg
    edited December 1969

mylochka , i think the bodysuit works wonderfully well with the cardy uniform in mind .
    i that note i think in going to have to go back and re work the uniform , no matter what i try , it want to come apart at the seems
    so if at first you dont succeed, .......
    back to the modeler . post some progress pix soon gang

This discussion has been closed.