Star Trek Builders Thread!

Comments

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

it came with other things as you can see but i do not know how to seperate object files or break them up. so it is one whole object

6.jpg
    700 x 700 - 70K
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    it came with other things as you can see but i do not know how to seperate object files or break them up. so it is one whole object

I'm like you. I don't see what all that other stuff is for. Could you post a link to it please?

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Was a bridge ever made for the Hatheway or the Stargazer?

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=8b4bafd84d74e262fb4fe6770d8af214&prevstart=0

the link to it on google 3d. if you can not convert i will be glad to send you either an obj format or 3ds format

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited August 2012

Okay folks I've been playing with sketchup for almost two years. So here is an idea that may help.

Stay in Sketchup.

Break the set up and delete the parts of the Sketchup file you don't want.

'how do I do that, it's all one block?"

Right click on the whole set and click on the word EXPAND/EXPLODE (I'm at work and can't remember what the word is.)

The file set will break into individual parts. In some cases the worst thing will happen and to delete the un-needed sets will have to be deleted one line by line till you have what you want.

Patience and time!

Then export to OBJ for use in Poser or D|S.

The added parts in the sets are the Author's parts and pieces for making the hallway. If done and used right you can make your own hallways and paths with these, then export to OBJ or what ever render format you use.

Post edited by PDSmith on
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Here is the star of my JJ bridge, not 100% but should be nice and close, I haven't found a good deck plan yet for that bridge :(

Bridge.jpg
    600 x 502 - 350K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,246
    edited December 1969

Rduda - have you ever considered packaging up consoles and stations as freestanding items for kit-bashing?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

OK, the 7 new ships are finally available!!!

Challenger Class
    Cheyenne Class
    Constellation Class
    Miranda Class
    USS Diligent
    USS Highland
    USS Vanguard

See the link in my sig.

Having started learning Hex recently, I suggest taking the model in there and breaking it up. I find Hex very easy to work with in that regard. It seems far more intuative then Carrara and I have worked in Carrara a lot longer.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited August 2012

Rduda said:
    Here is the star of my JJ bridge, not 100% but should be nice and close, I haven't found a good deck plan yet for that bridge :(

Nice start!

I'll add it to my search list "just in case" I should happen across one.

Haven't named her yet, maybe "BB".

hmm.png
    600 x 600 - 186K
    Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

Looks ok so far.

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

Another page is up on my blog for those that are interested...

David

17_Page_17_preview.jpg
    600 x 464 - 216K
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Challenger Class
    Cheyenne Class
    Constellation Class
    Miranda Class
    USS Diligent
    USS Highland
    USS Vanguard

See the link in my sig.

Having started learning Hex recently, I suggest taking the model in there and breaking it up. I find Hex very easy to work with in that regard. It seems far more intuative then Carrara and I have worked in Carrara a lot longer.

Awesome, thanks for more ships to play with :)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    Mattymanx said:

Challenger Class
    Cheyenne Class
    Constellation Class
    Miranda Class
    USS Diligent
    USS Highland
    USS Vanguard

See the link in my sig.

Awesome, thanks for more ships to play with :)

Your welcome Mototsume!

edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=8b4bafd84d74e262fb4fe6770d8af214&prevstart=0

the link to it on google 3d. if you can not convert i will be glad to send you either an obj format or 3ds format

Please watch for a PM.

• Reggie68Reggie68 Posts: 17
    edited August 2012

Did try a TNG/DS9/VOY texture for Defiant but had a problem as the pants are too tight. A non-canon skirted female version looks good and bends nicely but an accurate male version can't be done.

Post edited by Reggie68 on
    edited December 1969

Did anyone ever do a set of textures for the TOS Dress Uniform- male and female- that will work in Poser?

edited December 1969

Over at the DA forum you work with.

http://startrekartistsunite.deviantart.com/gallery/25702050#/d340lkw and a few more are linked below it.

-Paul

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

http://startrekartistsunite.deviantart.com/gallery/25702050#/d340lkw and a few more are linked below it.

-Paul

I had those- and the readme says they'd only work in Daz 4.

edited December 1969

Reggie68 said:
    Did try a TNG/DS9/VOY texture for Defiant but had a problem as the pants are too tight. A non-canon skirted female version looks good and bends nicely but an accurate male version can't be done.

I've suggested to Georgehaz he go a head and convert over his textures to Defiant and see what he can get. I'll tinker some more with the pants and see if I can come up with an idea. May need to use different pants over all. We'll see.

I'm also working with Dopefish to get a copy of his PSD file to make the Star Trek Online uniform as well.

-Paul

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    PDSmith said:

-Paul

I just opened the file, it has the runtime layout for poser and not the People or MyLibrary layout of a DAZ. Now the settings may be it bit off for poser, but a tweak here and there should do it. ie adjust the settings for shine, gloss or a finished rubber look should do it. (kidding on the rubber look.) unless that's the Trek look you want.

-Paul

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    mdbruffy said:
    PDSmith said:

-Paul

I just opened the file, it has the runtime layout for poser and not the People or MyLibrary layout of a DAZ. Now the settings may be it bit off for poser, but a tweak here and there should do it. ie adjust the settings for shine, gloss or a finished rubber look should do it. (kidding on the rubber look.) unless that's the Trek look you want.

-Paul

Okay. I'll take another look. Thanks.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Ali's "HR-086" is simply the best candidate for creating a M'Ress type "mane" I've yet encountered.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hr-086/94931

Before buying it, I wrote Ali and asked how long could the hair be morphed in the back. Ali answered by supplying a link to a freebie "injection" file to achieve the look I wanted.

http://www.mankahoo.com/index.php?l=page_view&p=freestuff

After such a generous offer, I bought the hair as soon as I returned home. I didn't even have to adjust its position when I conformed it to Aiko 3 evn though it's a .CR2 designed to fit Victoria 4. With not too many morph adjustments, I achieved the result displayed below.

I want to thank both Ali for modeling this hair and Thalek for alerting me to the product. Thanl you, both!

Sincerely,

Bill

MRess-HR086-J-1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 68K
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    Ali's "HR-086" is simply the best candidate for creating a M'Ress type "mane" I've yet encountered.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hr-086/94931

Before buying it, I wrote Ali and asked how long could the hair be morphed in the back. Ali answered by supplying a link to a freebie "injection" file to achieve the look I wanted.

http://www.mankahoo.com/index.php?l=page_view&p=freestuff

After such a generous offer, I bought the hair as soon as I returned home. I didn't even have to adjust its position when I conformed it to Aiko 3 evn though it's a .CR2 designed to fit Victoria 4. With not too many morph adjustments, I achieved the result displayed below.

I want to thank both Ali for modeling this hair and Thalek for alerting me to the product. Thanl you, both!

Sincerely,

Bill

Looks good, Bill.

edited December 1969

Here's why I needed the textures- Jan's offical Starfleet file photo. This style was established as the dress uniform why back in book 2- even though the regular duty uniform was alot different.

Jans-File-Photo--WEB.jpg
    610 x 800 - 200K
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Here's why I needed the textures- Jan's offical Starfleet file photo. This style was established as the dress uniform why back in book 2- even though the regular duty uniform was alot different.

Glad to see they worked after all.
    -Paul

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    mdbruffy said:

Glad to see they worked after all.
    -Paul

On top of everything else, that's the V4 Courageous put through Wardrobe Wizard for V3.

edited December 1969

Tweaking my B'rel character. Thoughts?

David

brel_vorta_test_01.jpg
    800 x 1120 - 481K
    edited December 1969

Awesome :)

now for the question: Is that gonna be available ?

edited December 1969

Is what gonna be available?

David

edited December 1969

The morphs

This discussion has been closed.