Daz Studio gets another LuxRender Plug-in

2»

Comments

• edited December 1969

+1 for what elephantboy90 said about lurkers.
    I come here nearly everyday for years.
    I have hundred of printscreens containing interesting stuff !

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

@dimdedi and elephantboy90:

It's great you two are around! I started coming here as you did, looking for answers while honing my skills!

When you have something you feel comfortable showing off, please share it! If you have a nice effect that you've achieved in a render, and you're proud of it, please share your tips! So much information was "lost" when DAZ went to the new forums. Some of the advanced users may be familiar with what you've done, but I'll bet you're not the only newer users that haven't posted yet, and they may find what you have to say especially valuable. Even the more advanced users can find value in the information as well.

@Holly, headwax has been posting some of his medieval inspired renders in the newest render thread. You've already commented on the piggy nun. Here's another cool one he's done:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20965/P150/#318156

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited May 2013

YAY! MONEY! $0.10!!! lol

I'm mostly trying to organize the new "social" sections: new forums, user galleries, profiles, etc. but I'm definitely not alone on it... WP is WordPress - it's the backbone software of the site and has a lot of plugin options... The upload bottleneck seems to be an issue with WP, but it might be the server or a number of other secret "settings".... But things like particle fountains, and shaders and such should be well below the 5MB threshhold... The good thing is you can just upload a small file right in the conversation in a post.... New FREEPOSITORY is here:
    http://carraracafe.com/freepository
    Please upload!!

quote]

FREEPOSITORY at the cafe - Great !- I shall have fun going through that BUT- it does suffer he old problem, that of having stuff all over the place meaning links to other websites etc. Something like ShareCg where content is organised is desirable but how you could achieve that on CarraraCafe i dont know.

I'm wondering if a Carrara "Account" could be set up on ShareCg with the password ( needed for uploading) being made public to Carrara users so that all of these .car files would be in one place. Anyone think thats a viable ideal ? Should Daz set it up ?

Keep up the good work Holly - Yours and the other collaborators efforts are much appreciated.Thankyou.

Post edited by 0oseven on
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

0oseven said:

FREEPOSITORY at the cafe - Great !- I shall have fun going through that BUT- it does suffer he old problem, that of having stuff all over the place meaning links to other websites etc. Something like ShareCg where content is organised is desirable but how you could achieve that on CarraraCafe i dont know.

I'm wondering if a Carrara "Account" could be set up on ShareCg with the password ( needed for uploading) being made public to Carrara users so that all of these .car files would be in one place. Anyone think thats a viable ideal ? Should Daz set it up ?

Keep up the good work Holly - Yours and the other collaborators efforts are much appreciated.Thankyou.

I've been working with the software developers -- an update this morning has increased the upload limit at Cafe's Freepository - I am not sure what the limit is now, but it is higher than 15MB.... (but lower than 50MB..). I have been trying a few different zips to see where it refuses... Try it yourself! The point is to make file upload available, but you don't *have* to upload at Cafe, you can of course host elsewhere and leave a link.
    http://carraracafe.com/freepository

You can already sort the files at ShareCG by type. Click on 3D Models and sort format to .car:
    http://www.sharecg.com/b/5/3DModels

Post edited by wetcircuit on
  • 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

"You can already sort the files at ShareCG by type. Click on 3D Models and sort format to .car "

I didn't know /realise that !
    shucks - maybe I did - I get so confused !!!! - .

:red:

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Well, after a couple failed attempts, I was able to upload a file to the Carrara Cafe. For some reason, the Cafe didn't like my version of Firefox, so I used Safari instead. There was also a huge lag between when the file showed as uploaded and when it actually appeared in the post as a downloadable file. It showed up in the post as file.zip, but was not clickable. It acted like plain text. I checked today and it acts as it's supposed to. If it continues to be a PITA I will just crosslink from the Cafe's freepository to my ShareCG account or DropBox.