animation of Daz figures and content in iClone

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I am amazed at how much better the iClone expressions are. Very exciting!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

only if you have a lot of money .

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

iClone 4 Pro is at the moment for a short time free to get :)
    http://www.reallusion.com/de/event/iClone4profree/

the Upgrade from iClone4 Pro to 5 Pro costs about 104€ ~ 130$.
    or as a complete Bundle with 3DXchange 5 Pro for 250$.

The single price for 3DXchange is for the Version 4 about 120$.
    Don't know the upgrade price for 5 at the moment

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited March 2013

another video http://youtu.be/VdxMolI5O-A damn I wish we could embed them

hot00.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ClaywomanClaywoman Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

great job!:cheese:

edited March 2013

the latest OFFICIAL iClone using Daz Genesis promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ78loEhAmg

more of my silly animations but do not let them put you off! :red:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46jlGZuaJ18
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2wimRFLh7c
    and the sequel to the last hunk one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdAC4bG7wM8
    very easy to do which is why I am scaring unfortunate youtube viewers at will!!!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

the latest OFFICIAL iClone using Daz Genesis promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ78loEhAmg

more of my silly animations but do not let them put you off! :red:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46jlGZuaJ18
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2wimRFLh7c
    and the sequel to the last hunk one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdAC4bG7wM8
    very easy to do which is why I am scaring unfortunate youtube viewers at will!!!

You have some neat stuff Wendy. I'm a big fan. :) Y
    ou must be doing something right as to have so many fans & followers.. congratulations keep up the great work :)

edited December 1969

LOL, they follow me to troll me :snake:

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

There is a new troll game now..

They make a phony account using a name similar to yours and then they use your video on their channel, next they go to very popular yotube channel or popular videos and start trouble with everyone leaving comments. Of course this upsets people and the upset people go looking for this trolls channel profile. and they find all your videos on the trolls profile and wham these stupid people don't even know enough to notice that the videos on the trolls channel are not even the trolls...lol I tell ya the next thing you know you have 100,0000 angry people leaving rather nasty comments on your videos and your left wondering WTF they talking about most of the time.
    My stalker has been doing this on my videos.. It has boosted my video advertizement with all the traffic. But dang I wish the cops would catch this Sum-of- #itch

edited December 1969

no doubt they do that to many people, it is a jungle out there.
    You do such great videos whereas mine are meant to be annoyingly silly so expect it.
    I have an idea from insight where they are embeded.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

So I checked out some of these videos. Cool stuff! Are you all using iClone or AniMate for these?

I really want to get into animation with DAZ and purchased Animate, but iClone seems really amazing. Has anyone used it and can you shed some light on your experiences with it?

Thanks.

edited December 1969

quite a few use aniblocks I baked to the timeline in Daz studio 4 which requires Animate2
    and then FBX exported along with the figure which is then had its bones retargeted to work in iClone via 3dxchange5.
    The advantage of bringing Daz figures into iClone which is a seperate 3rd party complete moviemaking software with its own figures and props
    is it is very easy to use and renders very quickly using the graphics card.
    It is like a game engine.
    you can control figures in directors mode with arrow and wasd keys in realtime like playing a game by adding a persona with preset motions
    or use click and walk to a point commands, also has iProps the figures can interact with like pick up, put down, sit on, open door ect
    these are either premade like the included jeep and motorscooter or you can add command helper objects to props.
    I always suggest playing with the fully functional demo version using the included props and figures before thinking about importing Daz content.
    To import Daz content requires 3dxchange5.
    I myself owned and used both iClone and Daz studio (well actually Carrara and Poser) for about 3 years as seperate programs and no interaction between them other than video compositing.
    I have only imported Daz figures into iClone for a year now and was very impressed with the advances they made to enable this.
    I infact beta tested it stating I was a complete noob to the intergration process having only used both seperately and found it very easy
    much easier than getting rigged content into other software like Vue for example.
    and we will not discuss BLENDER!! eeeek!

edited December 1969

Well, it looks like I will not be able to use iClone at all since it is not made for MAC (what the heck?!)

I will never understand why companies that specialize in creative software do not embrace MAC. In my previous life I worked in IT doing Desktop and Network support for many years at a very large medical group (over 50 locations). The one department that never called us with problems on their systems was the Marketing group. Surprise, surprise...they were the only group that was 100% MAC.

But I digress...

So, in your experience is AniMate pretty good to use for animation...specifically the lip synching and character expressions? I do a lot of video editing (Final Cut Pro) and really want to start making some short animated films so hopefully AniMate works well.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Jennyver said:
    iClone 4 Pro is at the moment for a short time free to get :)
    http://www.reallusion.com/de/event/iClone4profree/

the Upgrade from iClone4 Pro to 5 Pro costs about 104€ ~ 130$.
    or as a complete Bundle with 3DXchange 5 Pro for 250$.

The single price for 3DXchange is for the Version 4 about 120$.
    Don't know the upgrade price for 5 at the moment

Thanks for the ling....After finally registering and clicking around ... (all in German by the way) I finally got my free version of ICLONE4 PRO. But I got the German version ....so I will be learning German and ICLONE animation at the same time. Auf Wiedersehen:)

edited December 1969

yes, that freebie version is in German.
    Does not work with 3dx5 either btw, needs 3dx4 if you can even get it, and will only import Daz figures as animated props
    cool though as a fun animation software using inbuilt content if you do not mind translating everything!
    (or can read German, lol I can a bit but would soon be tearing my hair out! still better than trying MikuMikuDance editor in Japanese though!)

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

There is a new troll game now..

They make a phony account using a name similar to yours and then they use your video on their channel, next they go to very popular yotube channel or popular videos and start trouble with everyone leaving comments. Of course this upsets people and the upset people go looking for this trolls channel profile. and they find all your videos on the trolls profile and wham these stupid people don't even know enough to notice that the videos on the trolls channel are not even the trolls...lol I tell ya the next thing you know you have 100,0000 angry people leaving rather nasty comments on your videos and your left wondering WTF they talking about most of the time.
    My stalker has been doing this on my videos.. It has boosted my video advertizement with all the traffic. But dang I wish the cops would catch this Sum-of- #itch

Drat! Before getting your message on YouTube I inadvertently subscribed and added her! Shoooot!

edited December 1969

Easter animation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIJV1UFZlOA
    my own doof doof music too! done using Roland Dr Rythmn drum machine and Gaia synth recorded through mic jack to Audacity.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

What's up Doc?.... cool dance team and Easter hop music... which version of ICLONE is that?? I wanted to like it but I forgot my youtube signin.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi,,,I need to say really Thank you much,,wendy,,

if I have not seen your animation,,, I never try iclone,,
    and never believe there is more easy way,,animate genesis than daz studio,,,

Actually,, almost 2 days tweaking ,,
    I can export genesis as FBX with my character mix morph shape, and wear , hair,,
    then export to iclone as Non-standard Character (without decimator):
    by 3d exchage ,and Facial Pipeline Character Pack. (it include DAZ Genesis Extension)

it is really unbelieval and amazing things for me,,,

adjust material is not so difficult as I expected,,,,
    there is already many moving in iclone,, and lip sync,,, ,it work without problem,,
    everything are simply amazing for me @@;
    though I can not change wear free as same as in DS,,there is many posiibliity already,,, .

then,, one question ,,,about some Motion,, wear around neck part sometimes make destortion.
    or bury,,is there way to remove or modify :roll:?

edited December 1969

could you post an example of what you mean?

edited December 1969

of course,,,
    pic1 is upload Acter from ds (genesis) with wear, hair, as one rig figure.
    pic 2 is when apply motion in iclone.

the movement seems no problem, but about clothing,, it may need to adjust not to bury skin manytimes.
    then,, about hand or legs of figure,, I can easy adjust rig to pull out,,
    but,, about clothing part,, how can I modify in iclone?
    I think,,it seems imposible ^^; (this is point,, I want to improve iclone and ds pipeline,,)

then,,I tried,, export rig clothing as figure,(applied morphs) in iclone as new actor,
    and export no wear character, (nude) in icone.

so if I set motion on clothing as same as actor move it may work?
    (but I may need to understand how to copy key or timeline from figure to clothing)

And sorry,,if these pic is too large for your mobile ^^;

motion.JPG
    636 x 604 - 73K
    iclonechara.JPG
    645 x 534 - 70K
    edited December 1969

it looks like you might be using the smoothing modifier in studio to fix it for movement
    if so, that will not work outside of studio
    or
    did you autofit it as a shirt not a bodysuit so the neck was not included in the weightpainting?
    anything that uses handles will also not work well

edited December 1969

I usually turn off smoothing modifier,, but I will check it @@; Idid not remember it clear,,
    and now I find,, I need to set dobule face in 3d exchange ^^;
    it is my mistake,,so that,,, inner surface was transparent ,,,when close up.

it is not auto-fit figure.
    I change Karuki rig with ghost bones,, and save as new triax figure, I may check wieght map again,,
    (I afraid,, because this dress customized much with many jcms,,, they may remove,, when I export as fbx,,)

then,,, Now I think,, is there way,, to apply new morph or rigs for the Actor (dress is joined as one figure,,)
    to adjust shape,, in iclone? ah,, sorry,, I often ask question again and again,, then I will serch ,,^^;

edited April 2013

Hi,,,Is there good way to tweak shape morphs value of daz character and clothing in iclone timeline?

I lerned how to export (or customize) morphs by 3d exchange,
    and can set FBM of character, and, clothing morphs (if I hope) as user custome Face controll.

I know,,, when I use Puppertiring panel,,, I can Record or preview morph animation, by moving mouce which I setted in 3d exchange,,
    (eg move mouse up ,, character and dresses can change shape by imported or handmade morphs as I setted)

Then,,, Is there way,,, adjust the each morph value on iclone timeline, and set key as same as daz studio timleline?

it means,, I hope to set value as 0.3 about bendmorph, then set key on "10" frame,
    next , set value as 1.0 on 20" ,,,.:roll: as same as rigs rottation value.

there seems no interface to directly modify these sahpe morph value,,, on i clone.
    I missunderstand?:down:

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

not yet as far as I know
    I too have added hair, skirt etc movements to the custom face puppeteering mouse movements
    but find it a bit inaccurate, keyframing would be nice.
    it might still come in a later version but no doubt will cost!

edited December 1969

thank you wendy to confirm. :)

I lerned DAZ clothings and hairs which have ghost bones to move parts,
    though I merge rigs with genesis when export them as FBX,
    I can set these unused bone to ghost bone in 3d exchange again,,,
    after that,,, exported animation work l,, and modify them easy.

but about shaping,,
    custom face puppeteering mouse movements seems only way to controll hide morph parameter exported from ds,,,
    (I can not see which morph are used after export to iclone from 3d exchange,,want to check them,, where they hide?! ^^;)

hope ,,sweet tender price range about version up ,,,