RAMWolff's SuperSuit creation thread.....

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited April 2013

OK... got all the Morphs redone. Improved too. Also created a new "Details-02" morph and plan on a "Details-03"... I like odd numbers, what can I say! lol

Still have all the correction morphs to do which refit the cape to all the FBM shapes I made (Bruno shapes - 7 and Muscle shapes - 3) There are also 3 top cape correction morphs for the top, front and upper back so not done yet but the main shaping morphs are done ... again!

Image shows Details 02, it's set to 100%, I saved it out at 150% internally though in case folks add in a Smoothing Modifier so there is the extra strength to compensate.

Just keep in mind, Sub-D and Smoothing will round corners so the nice end cape points will be lost. Just saying!

CapeMorphsRedo-PlusNEW-Details02.jpg
    1179 x 915 - 393K
    Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Ah yes, so you can individually control them. Looks to be a fun item :-)

edited December 1969

Absolutely. It's going to be the ultimate SuperCape, at least for my uses and anyone else that likes it, as there will be bones to control it with as well as morphs. I'm going to make some basic "front/back" "side to side" and "twist" dials that will control the capes bones all at once as well!!

:-)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Any chance for a head start with a uvtemplate for texturing?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm afraid to ask but I fear I must. Is it a Sinlge layer (ie one texture) or double sided? Not that I don't want this but I was wondering.

edited December 1969

UV map, I can supply that hon.

Yea, single layer. I might try for a double layer when I get better with morphing stuff like that. I tried and there was too much poke through. Plus folks like me like to have free reign and well, that sometimes makes things look pretty bad when going crazy with morphs.

edited December 1969

PS... greatly improved the Details 02 shown above and created the Details 03 morph, most of the detail in 03 is mostly on the sides, straps and bottom of the cape so outward morphs don't do strange things to the center of the cape, which was happening with the 02. 01 for some reason looks pretty good at varying strengths with most morphs I throw at it.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    UV map, I can supply that hon.

Yea, single layer. I might try for a double layer when I get better with morphing stuff like that. I tried and there was too much poke through. Plus folks like me like to have free reign and well, that sometimes makes things look pretty bad when going crazy with morphs.

Still like it, and the Pokeies I understand fully. Even the SuperSuit Cape has that issue.
    edited December 1969

It's very easy to make a double layered cape if your like that idea. I need to look into how to transfer rigging though. As I'm getting close to finishing up the morphs that's the next step since my new rigging and weight mapping are still on another test cape. Maybe Shay can help me with that one.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    It's very easy to make a double layered cape if your like that idea. I need to look into how to transfer rigging though. As I'm getting close to finishing up the morphs that's the next step since my new rigging and weight mapping are still on another test cape. Maybe Shay can help me with that one.

Set it up as a template? You could just transfer from it with TU but that wouldn't transfer the morphs, whereas setting it up as a template will.

edited December 1969

Ah but I'm a dunce, I have no idea how to do that hon! lol :red:

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Trying to squash some Duplicate ID issue in the cape that's cropped up now. SickleYield has advised me to get things on the road to recovery

SickleYield:

Copy the data files to /daz 3d/tools/projection templates/ and the main file to daz/3d/projection templates, which makes the broken one a template. Rerig the base mesh from scratch through Transfer Utility and the new template(it should add the morphs as well). See if it still is broken.

Me:

Still working on the rig and weight mapping so don’t really want to mess with that just now. The issue is I don’t know if it’s the main loading .duf file or if it’s one of the morph files it’s reading. I’ve tried everything to locate the issue and I keep running into a wall.

SickleYield: Very easy to check that specific thing. Cut and paste the Morphs folder from data files to the desktop, reload Studio and the item, and see if the error is still there.

Me: That worked so I guess this is one of the many morphs I've made for the cape. Lovely! lol

Earlier post.

edited December 1969

Hahaha.... silly me. Sorry about the dingbat in me! :P

edited December 1969

SickleYield:

Copy the data files to /daz 3d/tools/projection templates/ and the main file to daz/3d/projection templates, which makes the broken one a template. Rerig the base mesh from scratch through Transfer Utility and the new template(it should add the morphs as well). See if it still is broken.

Ok... is part of the path not there? Looked all over the place and found this:

C:\Users\MyHandle\Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Tools\Projection Templates

So just copy all my data for the SuperCape from my data area to this area, including the morphs?

edited April 2013

RAMWolff said:

SickleYield:

Ok... is part of the path not there? Looked all over the place and found this:

C:\Users\MyHandle\Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Tools\Projection Templates

So just copy all my data for the SuperCape from my data area to this area, including the morphs?

That's right, sorry. You should see some subfolders there (Bodysuit Loose, etc.) so create a subfolder to put your item's data files in.

Then copy the main duf from the library into the regular Projection Templates (there is a second one at the same level as Tools) containing category folders Bodysuit, Boots, etc. There's no Cape folder. I don't know if a new one will appear in the TU's Template options if you add a folder for it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

OK... Copied over the SuperCape folder with all it's stuff inside to the Tools/Projection Templates folder and then the SuperCape.duf over to the Projection Templates folder after creating a "Capes" sub folder.

Hmm, I just want to bring all the morphs from the old cape to the new better rigged cape. So what is the process for that. Do I load up both capes (SuperCape and SuperCape-WM)? In the Transfer Utility what all do I have to check off in the Options area? Just the Morphs or other bits and pieces. Sorry hon, this is something I've not done before. Totally in the dark.

TransferUtility.jpg
    485 x 573 - 43K
    edited April 2013

Ok. In that case, have both the old/bad rig with morphs and the new/good without morphs in the scene.

Start TU.

For the source, choose the old one. Uncheck everything in General Options (face groups, weight maps, etc.) except morph targets.

For the target, have the new one.

Select your new template as the template. This is necessary because TU cannot actually copy items directly from one item to another, only from a template (that's why we set it up that way).

Now accept.

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

Hiya,

Sorry, was at dinner right after I posted.

So rather than try to explain every detail I'll just say that the Projection Template area does not light up and allow me to choose anything. So not sure what's going on with that.

Highlighting the Morph Targets option in the General Options does show it's own set of options so perhaps something there??

TU-MorphTargetOptions.jpg
    487 x 577 - 113K
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Hiya,

Sorry, was at dinner right after I posted.

So rather than try to explain every detail I'll just say that the Projection Template area does not light up and allow me to choose anything. So not sure what's going on with that.

Highlighting the Morph Targets option in the General Options does show it's own set of options so perhaps something there??

Do the same thing, but use Genesis as a source instead of the old cape.

edited December 1969

Hmm, that's not making any sense. I can only select two things in the entire dialog. One is a source and the other is the Target. If both are capes then Genesis can't play into that.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Hmm, that's not making any sense. I can only select two things in the entire dialog. One is a source and the other is the Target. If both are capes then Genesis can't play into that.

No, I mean use Genesis as the source instead of the old cape, and just make sure you use the cape template and only check morphs.

edited December 1969

WOW... that totally worked. It's an odd way to me but I guess that's how it goes. Thanks hon!

edited December 1969

Geeeze, now another issue. On the SuperCape WM when I slide a morph dial the whole cape moves slightly inwards and then when I release the dial it pops back to it's original position with the morph applied. I checked the rigging and even clicked the "Memorize" but when I reloaded the cape it still does it. SIGH... when does it end?? LOL

edited December 1969

Hmmm, worse than I thought. Not sure if it's the weight mapping or the rig but something's up. If I dial up one of the bones to rotate on the Y axis to bend it to the front or back the cape straightens out and then pops into the new dialed position. Apparently I didn't do something right. No smooth moves for this cape right now.

Any help from anyone that knows rigging??

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

If it's in the right pose once you've released the mouse, it's not really an issue what it looks like while you are moving the dial up or down. It sounds more like just time-lag while your computer is doing the calculations.

edited December 1969

Naw, I have a very good computer. There is something up with the rig. Every piece of clothing that I've tested from other merchants, if it's got a cape, the cape moves as the dial is moved to the left or right nice and smoothly!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Naw, I have a very good computer. There is something up with the rig. Every piece of clothing that I've tested from other merchants, if it's got a cape, the cape moves as the dial is moved to the left or right nice and smoothly!

Did you move/pose/morph without saving to library and reloading first? You can't do that if you copy morphs from a template. It WILL bork the rigging and morphs.

edited December 1969

Hi Shay,

I did the transfer, saved the cape to the library proper and then deleted and reloaded the cape.

I'm at work now but I know those are the steps I took.

Rich

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Hi Shay,

I did the transfer, saved the cape to the library proper and then deleted and reloaded the cape.

I'm at work now but I know those are the steps I took.

Rich

Does it still if you close and restart the program?

Sometimes it takes a bit to "recognize" new rigging.

edited December 1969

Yup, still doing it this AM with a fresh boot. I had questions over in Patience Making Clothing thread that may be a clue as to why this is happening but not sure....

Thanks hon