JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,184
    edited December 1969

That's what I figured, she's been sent to the past to save the future. I think there's a TV deal in there somewhere for you.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2012

That's what I figured, she's been sent to the past to save the future. I think there's a TV deal in there somewhere for you.

and was send to the future to save the past because the evil guys of the future want to destroy the past because without a past there is no or another future. maybe without a past future is presence.

Post edited by cosmo71 on
    edited December 1969

hey that is a great sentence

"future without past is presence"

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I am realy liking your lastest image cosmo, well done.

The only thing I can see that could do with some attention are the dark shadows when you do outside images. A bit more fill light or ambient lighting wouldn't go a miss. That would make your outdoor renders really pop though they look very good as the are. But that is only one and my opionon take it for what it is, or not the choice is yours. :coolsmile:

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,071
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

The only thing I can see that could do with some attention are the dark shadows when you do outside images. A bit more fill light or ambient lighting wouldn't go a miss. That would make your outdoor renders really pop though they look very good as the are. But that is only one and my opionon take it for what it is, or not the choice is yours. :coolsmile:

And maybe give her a bit more of a natural expression on her face.. she seems to have a 1000 yard stare at the mo.. (wonders what's on the horizon!)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

She's a veteran. Of course she has the 1000 yard stare.

edited December 1969

Szark said:

And maybe give her a bit more of a natural expression on her face.. she seems to have a 1000 yard stare at the mo.. (wonders what's on the horizon!)

the horse or dixie? :P

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    Szark said:

the horse or dixie? :P

:D

edited December 1969

the horse

edited June 2012

Here's a zombie outbreak in the subways (Jack's Parkside West). I used a number of Lorenzo Lorez and Loretta Lorez background figures, RawArt's zombie for M4, Luthbel's Veteran Wardog on M4, Royloo's armor (biohazard suit) T2-M4, Wolfram from arduino and tweaking the fat into M4, ZME's wheelchair and Valandar's cast for M4/V4 (Thanks, Valandar!!).

Light was only UberEnvironment2, and nothing else. Great renderspeed, so thanks to omnifreaker for thinking up this set (and stonemason for pointing it out in one of his tutorials!!!).

Anyway, enjoy the zombie apocalypse. :coolgrin:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/7160439659/in/photostream

(I added 4 renders together, to keep DS3A from crashing on me, and keeping the savefiles light and easy. So there was some Photoshop merging done for this picture)

7160439659_ee3d681cd0_c.jpg
    800 x 640 - 292K
    Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 1969

nice image Norse, liking it.

edited December 1969

It's a RE-inspired picture. Not to be confused with the DAZ webteam getting 'swamped', LOL!! :lol:

edited December 1969

Hahaha yea, Norse - love it.. the guys expression in the wheelchair.. "eff this I'm outta here!"

edited June 2012

On another hand, it could be the DAZ webteam wheeling as fast out of the forums as possible. Richard on the left, chohole on the right kneeling, and Frank0314 standing besides chohole. Who the fat guy is, well, that's anybody's guess. With the broken leg, it could be the old forums...

I really have fallen in love with UberEnvironment2.

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Here's a zombie outbreak in the subways (Jack's Parkside West). I used a number of Lorenzo Lorez and Loretta Lorez background figures, RawArt's zombie for M4, Luthbel's Veteran Wardog on M4, Royloo's armor (biohazard suit) T2-M4, Wolfram from arduino and tweaking the fat into M4, ZME's wheelchair and Valandar's cast for M4/V4 (Thanks, Valandar!!).

Light was only UberEnvironment2, and nothing else. Great renderspeed, so thanks to omnifreaker for thinking up this set (and stonemason for pointing it out in one of his tutorials!!!).

Anyway, enjoy the zombie apocalypse. :coolgrin:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/7160439659/in/photostream

(I added 4 renders together, to keep DS3A from crashing on me, and keeping the savefiles light and easy. So there was some Photoshop merging done for this picture)

he he he, like it, really cool :-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That is one good render. I'm kinda in a render funk right now. Nothing new comes to mind, but I do have a mini project to keep me going in the mean time. I'm doing some Marvel characters in dress clothes for a RPG fan. No JT stuff, but maybe I'll be inspired trying to fit Ben Grimm into a suit. You never know.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,184
    edited December 1969

Had to try something with Jack's lighthouse.

reality_lighthouse4-skycloudfog.jpg
    500 x 650 - 218K
    edited December 1969

Had to try something with Jack's lighthouse.

Nice :)

Is the inverted top section (white dirt on the windows, white walls) intentional? or just slipped through the net?

edited December 1969

Got the newsletter. Nice poster you got at the Facebook contest! It really gave me the "Halflife 2"-wibe (and saying that because it's a good thing). And this thread needs a 'bump'.

edited June 2012

Got the newsletter. Nice poster you got at the Facebook contest! It really gave me the "Halflife 2"-wibe (and saying that because it's a good thing). And this thread needs a 'bump'.

Cheers!

Yea I was going to post about it here today too, for what it's worth.

Facebookers - take a look over at my page here for a chance to win a signed copy of the image below (can't seem to embed an img link??)

While I'm here, attached is also a pic of the 2012 version of the Throne of Skeleton King.. will be finished in the next few weeks... :)

poster_600.jpg
    600 x 448 - 110K
    TSK_WIP_600.jpg
    600 x 336 - 121K
    Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on
    edited December 1969

Shiney stuff Jack.

I closed my FB account a few months ago due to not using it.

Here is my latest Dreamlight contest entry which was a James Bond theme. Since my muse is on holiday I really struggled to come up with a good concept. No wonder it came 5th out of the top 6. At least there was about 20 images so it wasn't a really bad result. I think I got used to coming first often, in the past. LOL

Anyways I used Mar Souks in this one. The only postwork was the motion blur.

bondfinalSmall.jpg
    800 x 440 - 256K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Shiney stuff Jack.

I closed my FB account a few months ago due to not using it.

Here is my latest Dreamlight contest entry which was a James Bond theme. Since my muse is on holiday I really struggled to come up with a good concept. No wonder it came 5th out of the top 6. At least there was about 20 images so it wasn't a really bad result. I think I got used to coming first often, in the past. LOL

Anyways I used Mar Souks in this one. The only postwork was the motion blur.

I know some people I'd like to do that to. LOL Good job.

edited December 1969

LOL I hear you on that. Thx Frank. :coolcheese:

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Sometimes you just need someplace simple to set your scene, and something of Jack's does the job -- in these it was the GIS Skyway Expansion. I was playing around with the Supersuit (although the helmet's from Zikeo's Armour Y): from left-to-right that's War Machine, Rescue, and Iron Man. (Yeah, I know those aren't Rescue's colors, but I'll bet if Pepper gets armor in IronMan3 it's gonna be in a distinctly different color scheme from Tony's.)

The second pic (assuming I get them in the right order, last time they posted wrong-way 'round) is War Machine, the face is M5-Don from Cris Palomino's Men of Character II (Chris said that one's inspired by Don Cheadle.)

Back2Back2Back-800e.jpg
    800 x 450 - 102K
    WarMachineTargetAcquired800e.jpg
    667 x 800 - 124K
    edited December 1969

Nice! :)

edited December 1969

The Throne of the Skeleton King is set to make a reappearance in the DAZ store 'soon'..

Main.jpg
    500 x 650 - 122K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Nice! :)

Thanks -- yours too! :: drool-drool-drool ::
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,910
    edited December 1969

The Throne of the Skeleton King is set to make a reappearance in the DAZ store 'soon'..

Looking great :coolsmile:
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Looks awesome Jack.

edited June 2012

Looks great :) but... no...looks great :)

Jack, you have to visit page 10 of my thread. the "FOG" could be a park site somewhere in WESTPARK :)

Post edited by cosmo71 on
This discussion has been closed.