JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

....well, got out of work late, stopped off to pick up some dinner and by the time I made it home it was past 12:00 Daz time so I unfortunately missed the "kvetchup sale" deadline by (in Maxwell Smart's words) "That Much".

Back on the wishlist it goes.

Should make my company pay for the difference but that is not very realistic and besides,in these economically stressed days, it would probably get me sacked.

...ahh well, you lose some, and you lose some.

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,071
    edited December 1969

An Honorable Mention in the PlatClub's 9/20 Inspirations Contest. Again used Jack's GIS Skyway and Expansion (with the Future Height and Expansion textures). DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

GiS: History Field Trip

Nice renders :) Like the DOF/POV of the first one in particular!

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Actually, the issue with the light seeping in at join areas *is* a bit problematic. I was building a set from the library components, and it didn't matter whether I crowded them so close that the wall/bookcase edges overlapped and poked through the arch segments, I *still* got a light seep at the join. I finally got rid of it by building a shell of blank planes around it overlapping all the join areas, but when you've got the wall poking through the arch and it still doesn't block the light at the edge, something is weird.

I was using Dreamlight's light set that shipped with Baroque Grandeure. Not the whole set, since I turned off a lot of bits. But a light set is a light set, right?

Hmm, if the edges are overlapped, it could be a shadow bias issue.. rather than with the model itself?

You'd have to try with other lights to see if its specific to the light set, or the model - not entirely sure tbh.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I find a shadow bias of 0.10 to be the better settings overall for most of my scenes. Some lights load with a shadow bias of 1.00

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

An Honorable Mention in the PlatClub's 9/20 Inspirations Contest. Again used Jack's GIS Skyway and Expansion (with the Future Height and Expansion textures). DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

GiS: History Field Trip

Nice renders :) Like the DOF/POV of the first one in particular!
    Thanks! I'm enjoying working with depth of field now that I'm starting to get the hang of it.

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

While playing KotOR2 today, I had an idea for a future GIS set: a sci-fi fountain. Actually, I think that'd be pretty awesome. :D

edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    While playing KotOR2 today, I had an idea for a future GIS set: a sci-fi fountain. Actually, I think that'd be pretty awesome. :D

Theres lots left for me to do in the GIS universe, so will add that to it ;)

• cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have all of the Parkside goodies for trains,(and most of the other sets too, lol), but there is no engine to pull the passenger car or the cargo car. Will there be one in the future??

Pretty please :) I can't believe I'm the only one who'd like a ParkSide engine.

Just tossing that out there for ya. You know to work on in your spare time ... lol

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited October 2012

cimaira said:
    I have all of the Parkside goodies for trains,(and most of the other sets too, lol), but there is no engine to pull the passenger car or the cargo car. Will there be one in the future??

Pretty please :) I can't believe I'm the only one who'd like a ParkSide engine.

Just tossing that out there for ya. You know to work on in your spare time ... lol

Y'know, aside from Rendo, I can't think of anyone who has an appropriate locomotive (steam, of course) and theirs is a bit pricey. A small box cab diesel could be built up using the same 4-wheel passenger/express trucks Jack's been using without too much problem. They're simple and kinda cool looking although dated to the prewar era. Dependent on when you want to model (period), there are several possible options but, again, DAZ doesn't offer them. C'mon. PAs. Get with the program here and help Jack out! :exclaim:

BTW, I have the entire West Park/East Park/Parkside collection. :)

Post edited by Kludge on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2012

Jack is more likely to see this if it is posted to the Jack Tomalin appreciation thread, would you like me to merge the thread over there.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/184/

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Jack is more likely to see this if it is posted to the Jack TOmlin appreciation thread, would you like me to merge the thread over there.

Yes, please, if you think it's more likely to get noticed there. I really want an Parkside engine to go with the rest of my train, lol

edited October 2012

chohole said:
    Jack is more likely to see this if it is posted to the Jack TOmlin appreciation thread, would you like me to merge the thread over there.

Yes, yes, yes! Errr ... ummm ... if you would please, Cho. :)

Post edited by Kludge on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

OK thread merged. Hope you get an answer

edited December 1969

Ooh, thread merge! chohole is right, too ;)

Not sure what I can say on the topic, but Parkside is an ongoing project, like West Park, GIS, Curious..etc etc. So yea, it would be daft not to have something pulling what I have done already ;)

Stay tuned, folks!

edited December 1969

Not sure what I can say on the topic, but Parkside is an ongoing project, like West Park, GIS, Curious..etc etc. So yea, it would be daft not to have something pulling what I have done already ;)

Stay tuned, folks!

Yeah :) Happy me!

edited December 1969

cimaira said:

Stay tuned, folks!

It actually looks really good.. even if I do say so myself ;) Now you know though, I'm going to have to kill you - sorry!.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited October 2012

OK Jack, just have to say thank you for the new sets. I've got a render done, but I want to wait and see if the DAZ folks put up a render thread for PC items we purchase during the sale. I think someone mentioned there would be one, but of course I can't remember who or where I saw that.

Cho??? Do you remember anything like that???

Post edited by Miss B on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

It's listed on the Sales & Promotions page -- only DAZ 3D knows when it might start.

edited October 2012

cimaira said:

Stay tuned, folks!

It actually looks really good.. even if I do say so myself ;) Now you know though, I'm going to have to kill you - sorry!.

Well, please at least let me live long enough to see it! ;)
    ROFL

Post edited by cimaira on
    edited December 1969

Now you know though, I'm going to have to kill you - sorry!.

I really have to speak up here due to the wording not right. First off you never apologise for threatening to kill someone plus is should be phrased "I'm going to have to kill you - SLOWLY! See now it has more wieght. I hope to see you improve after this Jack. :P
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

I really have to speak up here due to the wording not right. First off you never apologise for threatening to kill someone plus is should be phrased "I'm going to have to kill you - SLOWLY! See now it has more wieght. I hope to see you improve after this Jack. :P

What can I say, I'm a lover not a fighter.. :) ;)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

Szark, you missed one thing, refer to the Internet forum rule that applies (we need to bring this here to, just to make MissB go mad ).
    I think that is rule 182, correct me if I'm wrong Szark ;-)

edited December 1969

I might get a t-shirt made with "Make polygons, not war!" ;)

edited October 2012

Totte said:
    Szark said:

Szark, you missed one thing, refer to the Internet forum rule that applies (we need to bring this here to, just to make MissB go mad ).
    ROFLOL I hate that it hurts when I roll of the floor laughing out loud plus I have to get back up again.

Right where was I, oh yes your'e correct that is Forum Rule #182 which is not to be confused with rule #128 "Never let your partner use your CC for interent shopping after an argument"...it can get MORE expensive. This rule is a backup for any who don't heed rule #3 "Never give your CC to anyone, especially you partner".

Yeah Jack great T-shirt, I want one.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Totte said:
    Szark said:

ROFLOL I hate that it hurts when I roll of the floor laughing out loud plus I have to get back up again.

Right where was I, oh yes your'e correct that is Forum Rule #182 which is not to be confused with rule #128 "Never let your partner use your CC for interent shopping after an argument"...it can get MORE expensive. This rule is a backup for any who don't heed rule #3 "Never give your CC to anyone, especially you partner".
    AHA!!! So that's who you are!!! Ya know Totte, using an alias . . . err, um . . . "different" alias here than at DL doesn't mean I'm not going to comment. BTW Pete, how come you didn't tell me who Totte was? Hmmmmm???

~mumbles to herself~ I can't get away from them, I just can't get away from them . . . ~GROAN~

edited December 1969

Oh, I wouldn't mind one of those. :coolsmirk:
    edited December 1969

It's listed on the Sales & Promotions page -- only DAZ 3D knows when it might start.

I know. ~sigh~

More than likely they want to give folks time to get some renders together before they start the thread.

edited December 1969

Miss B said:

Oh, I wouldn't mind one of those. :coolsmirk:

That's two!

Think I'll rustle up a design in between renders ;)

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    [ BTW Pete, how come you didn't tell me who Totte was? Hmmmmm???
    I didn't know...honest, don't beat me again please.
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    That's what I figured, she's been sent to the past to save the future. I think there's a TV deal in there somewhere for you.

and was send to the future to save the past because the evil guys of the future want to destroy the past because without a past there is no or another future. maybe without a past future is presence.

What I find disturbing is that I followed that. Need more coffee. Need much more coffee.:gulp:

This discussion has been closed.