March Madness - the rules of the game

Comments

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

And ... I get money back with Federal taxes.

I'm still trying to figure out how the cart is calculating things. It is just too confusing, so I emptied my cart ... again.

Whoever thought up this sale needs to go back to marketing school. KISS. And this sale is far from simple (although ... it might qualify for the second S.)

Greg said:
    This set up for this March maddess to getting full amount of discounts make understanding Federal tax rules look easy:-)
  • kimhkimh Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

So can someone explain why if I put Luxus in my cart at 30% off I get the additional 10% off (-$1.40) but if I put Haley in the discount does not change. It still says ($-1.40). She's in the Daz original people category so should count as the 2nd item to give me 50% off of Luxus.

I am confused

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

spannah said:
    Kharma said:
    I have Luxus render and the basics of lighting in my cart and don't see how the discount is correct, I did purchase Aiko 5 pro bundle

Luxus 19.95 sale 13.97
    Lighting 19.95 sale 13.97

total 27.94
    discount 9.98

I pay 17.96

this is correct?

A quick look and that looks right. Here is how I figured it out:

Round both items base to $20 and add them together. That is $40.
    Because they are not DO, and you have 2 items, you get 50%. This is $20.
    Because you bough Aiko 5, you get an additional discount of 10% on the $20, which is $2.
    $20 - $2 = $18 which is approximate to 17.96

Hope this helps :-)

thanks Spanna :) I can't never figure it out

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I need help — Richard, maybe?

I'm sorry to say it, but I'm fast losing trust and patience with the DAZ Support Ticket system.

Like many others here, I bought the Platea Bundle and something else (from the Roman category in this case) on 2nd March, so I should have got 50% discount. I had already bought the A5 Pro bundle, giving me the extra 10% discount.

The Platea bundle seems to have applied only 30% discount (I think so, the way the cart displays prices and discounts, it's hard to tell), so I was overcharged almost $10. I put in a Support Ticket the same day (2nd March).

I have been back and forth about this several times — I keep getting told that the Platea Bundle is NOT eligible for the buy-two-get-50%-discount, but IS eligible for the get-extra-10%-discount if I buy two MM items. This directly contradicts the 2nd March MM newsletter.

I keep saying I HAVE bought two qualifying MM items, but this is ignored.

I keep saying the bundle was not in the extra-10% category until AFTER 2nd March, but this is ignored.

I've been patient. I've been ignored. Whatever I reply in the ticket, half of it is ignored and the rest is misinterpreted.

The same thing happened to me a few months ago getting my PC membership renewal. What's wrong with the Support Ticket system these days?

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

The same thing happened to me a few months ago getting my PC membership renewal. What's wrong with the Support Ticket system these days?

I can't say for sure Spot.
    Maybe it's getting overloaded because of all the problems.
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

51% is the two 30% sales - MM and Platinum Club. if you have two items in the cart and the extra 10% then you will pay 50% of 30% of 90% of full price - 31.5% total, or 68.5% off, of which 17.5% will appear only in the full page cart or on the order confirmation page.

Sorry, I don't understand.

This was just one item- Aiko 5 starter bundle. Only. No 10% because i did not have any of the special 3 items.

Aiko 5 is listed as 51% off. Please explain?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

51% is the two 30% sales - MM and Platinum Club. if you have two items in the cart and the extra 10% then you will pay 50% of 30% of 90% of full price - 31.5% total, or 68.5% off, of which 17.5% will appear only in the full page cart or on the order confirmation page.

This was just one item- Aiko 5 starter bundle. Only. No 10% because i did not have any of the special 3 items.

30% discount = 70% of the full price. 30% PC discount makes it 70%*70%=49%, which is 51% off.

edited December 1969

30% discount = 70% of the full price. 30% PC discount makes it 70%*70%=49%, which is 51% off.

I totally don't understand that math formula at all but i will accept if you guys are all telling me that it has the PC discount already taken off.

• spannahspannah Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

I totally don't understand that math formula at all but i will accept if you guys are all telling me that it has the PC discount already taken off.

Perhaps if it is broken down:

Aiko 5 base price is $49.95

PC discount is 30%. 30% of $49.95 = $14.985
    After PC discount: $49.95 - $14.985 = $34.965

MM discount is 30%. 30% of $34.965 = $10.49
    After MM discount: $34.965 - $10.49 = $24.475

We round to $24.48 which is the final price on the product page.

----

Now take the price after discounts, $24.48 and divide by the base price, $49.95:

24.48 / 49.95 = 0.49

This means that $24.48 is 49% of $49.95

or

$24.48 is $49.95 after a 51% discount

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out the math of any DAZ sales. To me they are just cleverly written sales tactics generally designed to confuse the majority of consumers into spending more than they normally might. But that's just the way it goes with all businesses in America launched post McDonald's. - "Of course you want that SuperSized Aiko 5 bundle!"

The reality is that many of the items that go on sale are items I want so if I am able to save any money at this point then I rationalize myself into that happy meal. So I buy what I truly want, hold off on the ones I think I can wait on (hoping they will end up in the PC value menu in the near future) and then just hope I don't go broke by the end of the month (or suffer cardiac arrest).

As an aside, it would be nice if DAZ had some sort of rewards program for PC members that gave us store credit after certain dollar amounts were spent. The only thing close to this was giving me a $3 credit towards the purchase of another Freak 5 item (despite the fact that I had no way to use it since my qualifying purchase was the entire Freak 5 bundle at the time - WhooHoo). I appreciate the effort, but a real thank you to your valued customers is to give them something truly of value.

edited December 1969

Ok, I'm not getting the extra discount now. Faveral is supposedly part of march madness and two items in cart, so it should be 50% off correct? but nope only the 30%. I have one of silver's madness releases and that's staying at 30% as well!

I'm so fed up with the sale and prices and discounts that aren't working! I appreciate the help understanding Aiko 5 price.

But the prices now are clearly not correct. One item is today's madness new release, two older items in march madness vendor categories. And other than the new release which is 51% off, the other two items are only 30% off. Not 50%. And not getting the 10% off the new release, but it's taking 10% off ONE of the older items. Seriously?

must be the worst sale ever in Daz history. such a mess!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Alia - which items are you putting in your cart?
    second: when you say 51% and 30% - is that from the store page of the items?
    Because if it's 51%, it is a DO (for PC members) and 30% it is an artists item.
    When they are in your cart - do you look at it and look at the end price and compare it to the full price (in grey on the store pages)?

edited December 1969

for example, the new item Anastasiya for A5. Put in cart, its 51% off. Okay, but why no extra 10% off for buying Aiko 5?
    And then put Opus Magnum in cart (from Faveral, whose store is featured in today's March Madness). It is 30% off the full price, minus the 10%. But it is definitely not 50% off.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Anastatsiya for A5 doesn't show up under the all Madness items filter. I've taken to using that because I get the least from that.
    http://www.daz3d.com/march-madness/

edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Anastatsiya for A5 doesn't show up under the all Madness items filter. I've taken to using that because I get the least from that.

That's weird... youd think its part of the bundle... grrrr. plus new release....

Okay but still doesnt' explain why on earth the extra 10% didn't apply to anastatsiya.

Phooey. I'm never going to get Opus. so so so frustrating! chaotic

edited December 1969

Looks like the "Aiko 5 Premier Add-on Bundle" is a MarchMadness item, but the ingredients are not.
    I wanted that hair ... oh, well, wishlisted for now and looking at PC items in the MM category for getting Olivia ...

edited March 2013

anikad said:

That's weird... youd think its part of the bundle... grrrr. plus new release....

Okay but still doesnt' explain why on earth the extra 10% didn't apply to anastatsiya.

Phooey. I'm never going to get Opus. so so so frustrating! chaotic

Did you try Opus with one of these? http://www.daz3d.com/march-madness?limit=60&p=1&plat_club=23

I just put Opus in my cart, added the Rocketship Mongo and ended up with a price of $19.97.

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 1969

nope. it works with something else i guess. too bad all the new things don't count for march madness. totally lame. don't want the rest of the aiko bundle. Sigh. Oh well, it all goes back to the wishlist. *shrug*

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,710
    edited December 1969

Which cart are you looking at? The pop up cart, the one that appears overlaid on the store page when you click the My Cart link in the header, doesn't show the additional discounts - you need to click the Go to shopping cart link at the bottom of the pop-up cart to see the breakdown with the extra discounts (50% instead of 30% for two or more MM items and the extra 10% for having bought a More Madness item) subtracted at the end.

edited December 1969

of course i've been clicking and going to the cart page Richard. The discounts don't always work.

edited December 1969

Anatasiya has been added...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out the math of any DAZ sales. To me they are just cleverly written sales tactics generally designed to confuse the majority of consumers into spending more than they normally might. But that's just the way it goes with all businesses in America launched post McDonald's. - "Of course you want that SuperSized Aiko 5 bundle!"

...I reiterate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIKGV2cTgqA

• edited December 1969

Ok, I'm not getting the extra discount now. Faveral is supposedly part of march madness and two items in cart, so it should be 50% off correct? but nope only the 30%.

And I got the same results on my first attempt in this sale... four Faveral items into the cart... went to checkout to find a total 30% discount... went to Paypal just to see how much I'd be charged, and found a 0% discount... canceled that and went back to find a 30% discount... went here and there and elsewhere to double-check, and generally to try and figure out what the heck is going on... got back too late, and... game over!

... well, maybe I'll leave those in my cart... just in case Faveral's stuff comes up again.

Kyoto Kid said:

...I reiterate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIKGV2cTgqA

What a relief!

And to think I once believed that I was the only one ( aside from all the conspiracy theorists on Coast-to-Coast ) who thought that to be true.

• TheRealDaidalosTheRealDaidalos Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

The march madness promotion is unfair to those of us who work late at night. For example by the time I can get into my email and check it tonight Isee that the DAz monsters are all up to fifty percent off, a deal I would have loeved to get in on.So I click the link on the ad in my eamail, only to be taken to a page that has zero to do with the DAZ monster packs whatsoever, instead showing me mike and vikcy in their bathing suits and a wooly mammatoh. Becaue the items have been changed already by the system.

When sftuff like that goes on, you can't say it's a fair promotion for everyone.

edited December 1969

It is still going on. You found the "MarchMadness for Today" page: http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions/
    If you scroll down you will find the Category/Artist sales, one of the for today is the Daz Original Creatures category:
    http://www.daz3d.com/creatures/?vendor=469
    Now you have to know that on top of the MarchMadness page there is a 50% Off when you buy two or more March Madness items.
    Put two of the creatures in your cart and they are 50% off

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone,

In a mail i've received today from Daz, there's a part about the ability to save up to 65% on select MM items with our PC Discount when buying 2 or more until 03/14
    Towel Set for Genesis and JSkirt for Genesis have the little stamp with the 65% til 3/14 but when i add them to my cart, i dont see any difference and seems only to have the regular 51%

Anyone else got the mail and tried it ? Since i'm completely lost in all those calculations methods, i guess i'll wait a little more before having them

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone,

In a mail i've received today from Daz, there's a part about the ability to save up to 65% on select MM items with our PC Discount when buying 2 or more until 03/14
    Towel Set for Genesis and JSkirt for Genesis have the little stamp with the 65% til 3/14 but when i add them to my cart, i dont see any difference and seems only to have the regular 51%

Anyone else got the mail and tried it ? Since i'm completely lost in all those calculations methods, i guess i'll wait a little more before having them

Did you click "Go to Shopping Cart" in the quickcart? They won't show in the pop-up quickcart.

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

yes, i access the cart through the "go to shopping cart"

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

The march madness promotion is unfair to those of us who work late at night. For example by the time I can get into my email and check it tonight Isee that the DAz monsters are all up to fifty percent off, a deal I would have loeved to get in on.So I click the link on the ad in my eamail, only to be taken to a page that has zero to do with the DAZ monster packs whatsoever, instead showing me mike and vikcy in their bathing suits and a wooly mammatoh. Becaue the items have been changed already by the system.

When sftuff like that goes on, you can't say it's a fair promotion for everyone.

Much as I appreciate your point, promotional emails from DAZ can arrive days late -- best not to rely on them for timely info. During a closely timed sale such as this you're better off checking the sale's promo page at least once a day.
    edited December 1969

yes, i access the cart through the "go to shopping cart"

What price are you seeing when you go to the shopping cart? This is what I see. The items are already 51% off then I get a further discount in the cart.

towel.JPG
    754 x 514 - 53K