Nothing showing up in Smart Content

13»

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As it says the service is used by another service. That means you will need to set your PC to Allow the CMS service, it will then be assigned a service and run. That is the error I was speaking of. It can be caused by the OS or the AV so check both.

• justdi49justdi49 Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    As it says the service is used by another service. That means you will need to set your PC to Allow the CMS service, it will then be assigned a service and run. That is the error I was speaking of. It can be caused by the OS or the AV so check both.

Thanks for replying, finally found the problem, had 2 Content manager folders, how I don't know but once the 2nd one was gone I was able to import all the files and get smart content working. Thanks again. I feel a bit silly but at least found the problem.

edited December 1969

AH!! Yes I forget that one. I had no idea you had a old content folder, thus the CMS was reading it at default.

• Chad hardinChad hardin Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

"Smarties" (page two bottom post) fix worked for me thank you everyone for working to fix the problem!

• crowdurcrowcrowdurcrow Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ive been reading these pages for hours and nothing changed,i uninstalled all my daz studio content even the install manager!then re installed daz studio 4.6 x64 and yeah nothing changed.i checked my cms and its running but nothing is showing in the smart content.ill call it retarded content from now on -__- uhhh.can anyone please help me or tell me what the heck is wrong with daz or me? id really appreciate it.

sc.png
    1920 x 1019 - 181K
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

anytime you look at the left thing there, and see no categories under "ALL", it is a clear sign that CMS is not running.

A corrupted data base may make it crash, when you start Daz studio. Or what Jaderail has pointed out about permissions or AV.

edited May 2014

i uninstalled my windows,and installed all the programs again...also DAZ3D ofcourse.Downloaded daz install manager to start from scratch,installed it again and.....this time even the content manager doesnt show up on my processes...i can consider myself as a new Daz3d user but i've been using cg softwares since forever and never saw such a crappy buggy hard to get used yo software like Daz...The help documents and such are not even up to date for the latest version...And i cant understand how they change the user interface in major way from one version to the other...uhhhhhhhh...so it seems like the content manager is insisting on not working even if i activate it from its location in C:/daz folder nor from start menu.Giving my best regards to the developers <3</p>

edit : after a few mintues this picture came up again .i guess im giving up -______-

Untitled.png
    1920 x 1030 - 288K
    Post edited by crowdurcrow on
    edited December 1969

and here lies my most recent try out...

Untitled.png
    1920 x 1030 - 288K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Look for CMS under Services to see if it is running.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If I read you correctly, it takes several minutes from when you start the CMS for it to show up in Task Manager? That sounds to me like an antivirus or firewall blocking it

edited December 1969

actually i figured out that it sometimes turns on sometimes doesnt.but no matter what,nothing changes in the smart content panel...and yeah it also shows up in the services.i decided to uninstall it and install again now its all corrupt.is there a way to remove daz and all of its system files from the computer?install manager leaves so much rubbish behind.im starting toget sick of it -_-

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited May 2014

I notice the RAM usage is rather high, akin to the levels I had when I was trying to run Daz Studio 4.6 on Windows XP 32bit with only 3GB of RAM.

I'm not accusing, only pointing out, that Daz Studio need way more 'real ram' to work properly. What OS are you using, and how much 'Real Ram' is in the computer.

The OS makes a difference as to where the CMS database is kept. It only takes deleting the five CMS database files, and restarting CMS, assuming nothing else in the computer is blocking CMS.
    (Screen-cap from XP)

CMS_dbase101.png
    600 x 345 - 18K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited December 1969

The Simple Question here is Do you have the Content(s) folders mapped to DAZ Studio in Preferances for one.
    And another, you may need to Reset the DataBase and Re-Import your Metadata as it appears the DB is corrupted.
    The FAST way to Destroy the CMS database is to Install content with DAZ Studio Open and Running.
    Never install content with DAZ Studio Open, not with DIM or by Hand. The DB pointers are in use and THAT causes errors in the DB file.
    Errors in The DB file can cause slow loads of the CMS and only a few items to not function to the CMS fully Crashing and Stopping.
    90% of all DB and CMS errors are caused by installs. The other 10% are the CMS being blocked by a Firewall, or a Anti Virus program.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The Simple Question here is Do you have the Content(s) folders mapped to DAZ Studio in Preferances for one.
    And another, you may need to Reset the DataBase and Re-Import your Metadata as it appears the DB is corrupted.
    The FAST way to Destroy the CMS database is to Install content with DAZ Studio Open and Running.
    Never install content with DAZ Studio Open, not with DIM or by Hand. The DB pointers are in use and THAT causes errors in the DB file.
    Errors in The DB file can cause slow loads of the CMS and only a few items to not function to the CMS fully Crashing and Stopping.
    90% of all DB and CMS errors are caused by installs. The other 10% are the CMS being blocked by a Firewall, or a Anti Virus program.

yep mycontents are mapped to the preferences.i also tried resetting the database and re importing the metadata several times and i never installed content while daz is running.Actually i tried everything that i read in this forum about this issue with a great patience.But nada...i gave up trying to make the smart content work...i'll use the content library which is a pain to find the stuff youre looking for...As a customer i really can not understand how can the most important panel of a software can be this much buggy and filled with problems...There are hundreds of topics about the same issue but still not fixed properly as it seems.

edited December 1969

so i just installed the public beta today and it fixed the smart content issue.i deleted my old files in the programdata/content management folder,reimported the metadata and now FINALLY i got stuff in the smart content.

edited December 1969

It was mentioned to remove a Blown Database I thought. Rebuilding a Blown Database just ends up with a second blown Database. If you ever have a DB error so bad the CMS stops only starting fresh (a deleted DB needed) will fix it.

• roberto007roberto007 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

This procedure worked for me, thanks!

smarties said:
    I was experiencing the same problem on Mac, until I read this thread and started experiencing.

I solved the problem by navigating to /Library/DAZ 3D/Content Management Service/databases and deleting all the folder content (I noticed they were old — since I installed DAZ Studio 3 one year ago, means never been used by the software).

I then opened the Content DB Maintenance as mentioned above on the thread, and checked Re-import Metadata, let it process and everything was solved since. Now I can see Smart Content populated, finally!

I hope this will help you.

edited December 1969

i deleted the db before aswell but nothing changed till i installed the public beta.i dont know, it seemed to me like there was an issue with the non beta version maybe?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The release version CMS used Valentina DB, and some people had chronic corruption problems with it. The Beta (and the release that came out today) use PostgreSQL and is much more stable (also much faster, particularly if you use the 64-bit version).

edited May 2014

I agree with Mike. It sounds like the Valentina DB was just not liked very much on your Mac. Glad the Beta fixed you.
    I just installed the Full new release DS Version and it also uses PosterSQL so you should be fine with the new full version also.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

yeah im on windows 7 64 bits and actually after i gave up trying for it to work i was not expecting it to work with the beta either.after i run Ds beta i saw the contents in the smart content and i was like "O.o wow so it was something like that".Beta release seems more stable.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited May 2014

I installed the new CMS via DIM. Now my old categories and the Smart content are gone. I tried the manual convert of old database, and get an error, saying it can’t convert the data base. The log file says:
    WARNING: dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): db insert error: Unknown prepared statement ‘tblBasePath->insert’
    db insert error: Unknown prepared statement ‘tblBasePath->insert’

What now? :down:

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • spm91gspm91g Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Thank you all for the advice on getting this to work! I am up and running with my smart content and got all my runtimes squared away and showing =) You all rock, I was getting quite frustrated.
    Thanks Shawn =)

• On the Content Library tab, click on the Options menu (the rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner) and choose "Content DB Maintenance" > "Re-Import Metadata".

If that doesn't fix it:

Make sure you Stop the CMS before uninstalling it, and either delete the databases or install them to a different location when you reinstall DS4. When you start up DS4, if you are not prompted to import the metadata, do the Re-Import described above.

Did it for me!! Thanks muchly....,,,,,

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Fixmypcmike said:

On the Content Library tab, click on the Options menu (the rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner) and choose "Content DB Maintenance" > "Re-Import Metadata".

If that doesn't fix it:

Make sure you Stop the CMS before uninstalling it, and either delete the databases or install them to a different location when you reinstall DS4. When you start up DS4, if you are not prompted to import the metadata, do the Re-Import described above.

I know this is an old comment but this really saved my behind today and solved my problem! Thank you so much, Mike! You're AWESOME! *big hugs*

• natalounatalou Posts: 3

Fixmypcmike said:

On the Content Library tab, click on the Options menu (the rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner) and choose "Content DB Maintenance" > "Re-Import Metadata".

If that doesn't fix it:

Also want to say thank you for this. I spent an hour scouring forums trying to find an answer. Worked for me!