Hexagon 64 Bit

I'm still wondering why we don't have Hexagon 64 Bit, and we seem to be stuck with the 32Bit. Could you please look into this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• daywalker03daywalker03 Posts: 1,850

I'm still wondering why we don't have Hexagon 64 Bit, and we seem to be stuck with the 32Bit. Could you please look into this issue.

Thanks in advance!

It's my understanding from othe posts in the section that there is a private beta test underway, so maybe this has bee taken care of.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,120

Greetings,

It's not a trivial process to convert old 32bit to 64bit code.  Every 'int' and 'long' declaration needs to be inspected to see if it should be 'long long', every structure that includes a 32-bit type needs to be considered, and you need to figure out if you're storing 32bit values in your data structures that need, for some reason, to be 64 bit.  Your pointers get larger, which means the structs that hold pointers get larger, so if you're using buffers to provide space for N of a given struct, that buffer needs to be recalculated.

If your code was written before 64bit was really on the horizon, like Hexagon probably was, the range of potential bugs that you can cause is legion.  It's a really, really hard problem, and they have a really, really small staff.  So give it some time...lots of it. :-)

--  Morgan

• I SamuelI Samuel Posts: 224

Thanks in advance!

It's my understanding from othe posts in the section that there is a private beta test underway, so maybe this has bee taken care of.

It will be great if private beta can be made public like the way Unity Technology do with their game engine's testing.