Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin [Commercial]

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited March 2013

Yes that is correct , just photoshopped the hair over the picture as the original pic was until the forehead only ..

for the tight curls, I make the hair around 2.5 - 3 inches then in the last Tweak tab I set everything on MAX all features of Clumping and frees , actually surprising easy

max sure the max length is set to ZERO with all the same hair length

Gone said:
    Mec4D said:
    I tried something to see how it works .. well both the reference and the render have the same hair , I just overlapped it over the picture after rendering to see how it would looks like on a human head especially the hair line ..

just playing around ..

OK, just to be clear, you're saying that the first image is a picture of a kid with your rendered hair photoshopped on - right?

So my question is, how are you making those fabulous tight curls?

This is the kind of stuff I've been waiting to see!

Bravo!!!

tweak-clump2.jpg
    785 x 659 - 127K
    tweak-clump.jpg
    1556 x 914 - 288K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

Guess I need to try a little harder.

This is as close as I've managed to get so far.

Justin.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 627K
    edited December 1969

It is very nice Gone , the tips will not curl into tight curls if the hair are not the same length in the Tweak Tab , other way I get the same effect as you did .. try

edited December 1969

Just made some fashion abstract :)

DS with 1 distance light in front with shadow maps and Specular , just 7 min render with 15 K hair and 2.5 millions vertices
    looks totally as my own hair after washing and blowing ..lol

ABSTRACT-AFRO.jpg
    949 x 1262 - 338K
    edited December 1969

Well, I did have both scraggles topped out on the previous render but there was also some length change as well.

Anyway, I started with a fresh hair and left the length alone but still can't get those nice tight curls. :-/

On the plus side, this hair took less than 2 minutes to create - using a premade density map of course. :lol:

Hope to see a lot more of your fabulous hair creations.

TryingForCurls.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 663K
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I like this tool much ,:) (not easy for me,,)

this is my first long stralght hair (I hope to adjust material setting,, more better,,
    to looks soft hair,, but beautiful black hair seems difficult for me,,)

and Thank you advices,,(Thank you Melissa Conway , I try and check ,, actually I often bury guide hair to the skin,,^^;)

then I feel difficulity still,, when making sideburns,
    which need rapid change of length (not so smooth naturall line shape)

because,, this tool complement interporation of length and angle,
    and make naturall line,,,,,

so what need to keep short area about sideburns with long hair,
    and hair length line ? or is their option which can more weak the interporation?

I want to keep red line of the side angle,, (pic of base short hair,,)
    (of course,, I need more tweaking later for good straght hair,,)

but the auto adjustment work like blue line hair lenght and shape,,

May I need one more hair for sideburns only? :roll:

I hope to apply map, for interpolation setting too,,
    (to keep accurate length, about each follicles,,,)

of course I know,, I can adjust hair-curve length,, and adjust by Interporation setting,
    but it seems not control rapid changing angle and length with more accuration.

hairset.jpg
    500 x 681 - 247K
    sidehair2.JPG
    812 x 648 - 80K
    sidehair1.JPG
    578 x 524 - 68K
  • staticstatic Posts: 325
    edited December 1969

Ok, let me ask in this thread... Has anybody had a problem where you cannot get Garibaldi up and running at all?

I have never seen this request for serial number page after installation, and Garibaldi does not show up in Studio.
    I have reset my workspace several times, that does not jar things into play.
    I have installed two different ways:
    First, the installer wants to put Garibaldi in Program Files, but I have a 64 bit machine, so all my DAZ stuff is in Program Files (x86) which is where Garibaldi x64 should default to, but it doesn't. No joy.
    So the next step I tried was to uninstall and try again in the event of a bad install. Still no serial number request.
    Next, I tried to install in my Program Files like it wanted to, but that was a bust as well.
    Windows Uninstaller can find Garibaldi to uninstall it, but it cannot report Garibaldi's location, which is a bit weird.
    Lastly, I re-downloaded the installer, in the event of a corrupted installer file, but that leaves me in the same boat - $31.47 down the tubes with nothing to show for it.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

edited March 2013

Garibaldi x64 go into Program Files , The folder with Program Files(x86) is for 32 bit version.
    Make sure you have the correct DAZ version also in correct folders , since all your DAZ STUDIO is in (86) then you have 32bits version
    check the correct path to DS ..

Ok, let me ask in this thread... Has anybody had a problem where you cannot get Garibaldi up and running at all?

I have never seen this request for serial number page after installation, and Garibaldi does not show up in Studio.
    First, the installer wants to put Garibaldi in Program Files, but I have a 64 bit machine, so all my DAZ stuff is in Program Files (x86) which is where Garibaldi x64 should default to, but it doesn't. No joy.
    So the next step I tried was to uninstall and try again in the event of a bad install. Still no serial number request.
    Next, I tried to install in my Program Files like it wanted to, but that was a bust as well.
    Windows Uninstaller can find Garibaldi to uninstall it, but it cannot report Garibaldi's location, which is a bit weird.
    Lastly, I re-downloaded the installer, in the event of a corrupted installer file, but that leaves me in the same boat - $31.47 down the tubes with nothing to show for it.

Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Garibaldi x64 go into Program Files , The folder with Program Files(x86) is for 32 bit version.

I can't get it to run there either, and that is so backward from every other application on my computer, DAZ or otherwise. My Program Files (x86) Folder is full of stuff that auto installs -64 bit from a multitude of developers, including Microsoft. My Program Files is relatively empty by comparison, and every installer for -32 bit installs directly into that folder.

But none the less, I ran an install on the Program Files folder and I still come up with no Garibaldi.

edited December 1969

Looks so much better already .. now when you did your clumping in the clumping tab , go to Tweak tab and under scraggles choice the Clump curves 1 or 2 and see what will happen, in both of the scraggles .. without it the hair will not curl
    I also used a lot of hair for the Distribution but rendered just 3-4 % only

Gone said:
    Well, I did have both scraggles topped out on the previous render but there was also some length change as well.

Anyway, I started with a fresh hair and left the length alone but still can't get those nice tight curls. :-/

On the plus side, this hair took less than 2 minutes to create - using a premade density map of course. :lol:

Hope to see a lot more of your fabulous hair creations.

edited March 2013

Hi,, staticdrifter

Basically Program Files (x86) is for 32 bit aprication,,
    when you install 32 bit software to your windows 64 bit PC.

daz studio and Garibaldi Express have both of two version for 32 bit and 64 bit.
    which version of dazstudio are you using now?

you said,, your ds have been installed Program Files (x86),

your ds is 32 bit version? (of course you can use both of version,, )
    but,,Garbaldi 32 bit ver can work with 32 bit DS.
    Garibaldi 64 bit ver can work with 64 bit DS.

So if you use 32 bit ver DS,, you need to install 32 bit ver Garibaldi.
    and both of them should be installed to Program Files (x86))

but if you want to use 64 bit ver DS, you need to install 64 bit ver DS and, 64 bit ver Garibaldi,
    and they should be installed to Program Files , not Program Files (x86)) as default,,
    I think,,

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

Hi,, staticdrifter

Basically Program Files (x86) is for 32 bit aprication,,
    when you install 32 bit software to your windows 64 bit PC.

Yes this is what's supposed to happen, but, as I mentioned earlier, my pc is somehow backwards from the rest of the known universe. My 32 bit stuff goes in Program Files, and my 64 bit stuff goes in Program Files (x86)

daz studio and Garibaldi Express have both of two version for 32 bit and 64 bit.
    which version of dazstudio are you using now?

I am running DAZ Studio "Version 4.5.1.56 Pro Edition (64 bit)". That is verbatim from the yellow gradient bar at the top left of the splash screen.

you said,, your ds have been installed Program Files (x86),

your ds is 32 bit version? (of course you can use both of version,, )

No, see above

but,,Garbaldi 32 bit ver can work with 32 bit DS.
    Garibaldi 64 bit ver can work with 64 bit DS.

So if you use 32 bit ver DS,, you need to install 32 bit ver Garibaldi.
    and both of them should be installed to Program Files (x86))

I am using "15878_GaribaldiExpress-64bit-1_0-Setup.exe" This is a copy/paste from the installer itself.

but if you want to use 64 bit ver DS, you need to install 64 bit ver DS and, 64 bit ver Garibaldi,
    and they should be installed to Program Files , not Program Files (x86)) as default,,

I think,,

As you can see from above, I have 64 bit Studio and a 64 bit Garibaldi Installer. Studio defaulted to Program Files (x86). Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, also defaulted to PF (x86). It has always been this way. Nobody knows why, but until today, they always worked. So every technician who's ever run this down with me, step by step, has finally said pretty much the same thing... "If its working for you, go with it", Well, today it stopped working for me and I need help getting this thing going. Does anybody else out their have a wanky copy of Vista that installs stuff backward who happens to know how to get this up and running?

edited March 2013

By the way kitakoredaz,
    I don't mean to sound unappreciative. I do appreciate that you are trying to help solve this, but its frustrating when you have a piece of technology that seems bent on proving that what everybody thinks they know about programming, doesn't know it all.
    I'd welcome any further help you might come up with.
    Thank you.

Post edited by static on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited March 2013

After the installer has run, look, with Windows Explorer, for the garibaldi dll (it's called garibaldiplugin.dll or something like that)...it should be in the Plugins folder, in the DS install (program) location...do a system wide search for it...

What AV are you running?

There is a chance, especially if it is Norton, that it is killing the install...

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    After the installer has run, look, with Windows Explorer, for the garibaldi dll (it's called garibaldiplugin.dll or something like that)...it should be in the Plugins folder, in the DS install (program) location...do a system wide search for it...

What AV are you running?

There is a chance, especially if it is Norton, that it is killing the install...

Nothing turns up on the search. I checked garibaldi.dll, garibaldiPlugin.dll, plugin, and garibaldi. Got no results.
    As for my AV, I run Trend Micro. I haven't had issues with install blocking since 2010, but I will try the install with it off, just to be sure.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

My first attempt at creating a hair style in Garibaldi. Pretty basic hair style, nothing fancy.

test04.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

The reason that it may not working is that third party applications depends on how the application is written to check the folders , so if Garibaldi Express 64bits looking for stuff and DS x 64 in Program Files and not Program Files (86) the plugin will be not loaded .
    You need to wait for answer from James, he will know how to help you in this case
    But as you mentioned the plugin want to install in Program Files , as that is how it was design to do . If you don't have DS x64 installed in Program Files where it should be it will not load .
    The best way would be to write direct for support in this case

By the way kitakoredaz,
    I don't mean to sound unappreciative. I do appreciate that you are trying to help solve this, but its frustrating when you have a piece of technology that seems bent on proving that what everybody thinks they know about programming, doesn't know it all.
    I'd welcome any further help you might come up with.
    Thank you.
    edited December 1969

looks simple and beautiful, love the softness and the delicate shine of the hair .. for first attempt it is very nice done

mark said:
    My first attempt at creating a hair style in Garibaldi. Pretty basic hair style, nothing fancy.
    edited December 1969

on my PC it is under C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\garibaldiPlugin.dll

mjc1016 said:

What AV are you running?

Nothing turns up on the search. I checked garibaldi.dll, garibaldiPlugin.dll, plugin, and garibaldi. Got no results.
    As for my AV, I run Trend Micro. I haven't had issues with install blocking since 2010, but I will try the install with it off, just to be sure.

edited December 1969

Hi,, staticdrifter I know your frastrating,, so sorry I can not help you ,,:down:
    ( I just feel if there is some mistake,,so want to ask you,,
    but I understand,, answer same thing again,, cause frastration ^^;
    sorry.... )

I can only show
    my location of Garibaldi plug-in though my pc is windows 7

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\garibaldiPlugin.dll

as for me,,
    C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 is directory which my DS aprication 64 bit is installed.

and you said,
    you have never seen request for serial number page after installation,
    and Garibaldi does not show up in Studio

So that means,, Top menu> Help>about installed plug ins,
    Can not you find Garibaldi ,and check status?(

and did you try to "Create New Garibaldi Hair" from top menu>Create,
    but you can not find icon?

and if log file can help you,, about Garibaldi plug in,,

Help > trouble shooting> log file
    if there is some message,, about the Garibaldi . (sorry if you have already checked ^^; )

before,, I can not activaete one plug in for ds,, ,, but it send me erroer message,,
    when I start plug-in to activate.so I could find the problem ,,,
    (I hope,, someone clear guide you,,:down: )

edited December 1969

OK, well, I can't find it there even doing a direct visual search, so I am going to try again tomorrow. It's kinda late for me so I'm off to bed.
    Maybe the morning will shine a clear light, who knows.
    Thank you for your help, Mec4D, and kitakoredaz, and mjc1016.

Its obviously a problem locally, since no one has chimed in with "yeah, I had that happen too..." sort of thing. Maybe it just needs a good shutdown and cold restart, I don't know.
    But I'm not dealing with it tonight any more. My hair, will just have to wait.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

OK, what does it look like when you go to HELP --> About Installed Plugins?

edited December 1969

mark said:

Looks lovely!

edited December 1969

OK, I should point out that DS does NOT have to be installed in Program Files. It will end up there by default if you don't change the install path. Personally, I never install anything to those folders.

So, first, which version of DS do you have installed. It doesn't matter where you put it but it does matter if it is 64 bit or 32 bit. You need to verify which one you have and make sure you get the matching version of the plugin.

If all else fails, you can install to a temp directory and just move the files to the correct location. Be aware that this means you will not have a proper uninstaller. Not counting the uninstaller, there are only 2 files you need to deal with:
    garibaldiPlugin.dll needs to be placed in the "plugins" subfolder of DS and garibaldiShader.sdl needs to be in the "shaders" subfolder.

As long as these 2 files are in the correct subfolders and are the correct version (64 or 32 bit) for the version of DS you have installed then it will work properly.

edited December 1969

Well, I guess this is starting to look more curly. :lol:

ABitMoreCurl.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 604K
    edited December 1969

Hi,, Gone,, now I read again one by one what you said in this topic,
    to mix some density map (for painting weight):roll:
    Thank you much,, I understand many tips,, when I want to separate (like layer) area to
    keep different length,,,

then Can I use two or three density map (eg base,, side,, and back)
    in One node Garibaldi hair? and change them to check each curve and style?

eg I make new map in paintign for side area only,
    then I thought I can style (change length, and make curve for side area)

next I change density map to base,, but now style of base are gone away ^^;
    (but not saved it,, so do not worry ^^;)

so if I want to use three density map for each part of one hair,
    I need to make three Node?
    (then,, I hope,, if I can use three map ,, and tweak style
    about each density map on one Garibaldi hair like 3d layer,,
    it seems extra useful, to customize hair,, as I like,, )

edited December 1969

As far as I know you have to use two nodes for two density maps.

edited December 1969

I see you are on your way, very well done hehe

myself.. I played with dog fur .. course and soft

Gone said:
    dog-dirty.jpg
    1211 x 934 - 1M
    dog-clean.jpg
    1211 x 934 - 806K
    edited December 1969

Hi,, Gone,, now I read again one by one what you said in this topic,
    to mix some density map (for painting weight):roll:
    Thank you much,, I understand many tips,, when I want to separate (like layer) area to
    keep different length,,,

then Can I use two or three density map (eg base,, side,, and back)
    in One node Garibaldi hair? and change them to check each curve and style?

eg I make new map in paintign for side area only,
    then I thought I can style (change length, and make curve for side area)

next I change density map to base,, but now style of base are gone away ^^;
    (but not saved it,, so do not worry ^^;)

so if I want to use three density map for each part of one hair,
    I need to make three Node?
    (then,, I hope,, if I can use three map ,, and tweak style
    about each density map on one Garibaldi hair like 3d layer,,
    it seems extra useful, to customize hair,, as I like,, )

There are 2 ways to do what you want to do. Each has it pros and cons depending on the style and how you like to work. Garibaldi can only use 1 hair density map per node although it can use several control maps in the clump and tweak panes.

1. You can create seperate nodes for each map (base, sides, back) and do everything you want independent of all the rest of the hair. The drawback is that you can only see that node when you work and will have to guess at how it interacts with the other nodes. It can be done, but it requires a good imagination. :-)

2. In the style pane, you can use the selection tool to select the guide hairs you want for each group and then assign them to a named selection group. You can then work with individual named groups without affecting the rest of the hair (more or less). The drawback is that it can be tricky getting all the guides you want for a group without selecting extras; guides can be selected in multiple groups (you may or may not want that); the groups still interact with each other so what you do with one group may affect the others in ways you don't want; and control maps in the clump and tweak panes affect all the selection groups so you can't have different control maps for each group.

I've used both methods and even used both at the same time with some hair styles. You just need to work with them to see what your more comfortable with and what works best for what you are doing at the time.

Good luck.

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    I see you are on your way, very well done hehe

myself.. I played with dog fur .. course and soft

Gone said:

You're using frizz for the softness, right? Or are you using some other trick I don't know about? :red: