Dare we Specul8

another one has arrived

Wendy passes out the popcorn   surprise

«134

Comments

  • th3Digitth3Digit Posts: 15,296

    ....................and starts downloading the genesis female 8 starter essentials ........

  • head waxhead wax Posts: 5,081

    oh Isnt it grate news

     

  • th3Digitth3Digit Posts: 15,296

    W8 and C enlightened

  • th3Digitth3Digit Posts: 15,296

    Crash

    no surprises there

    Misty!!!!!!!!!!! 

  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 590
    th3Digit said:

    Crash

    no surprises there

    Misty!!!!!!!!!!! 

    lol! thanks - I needed that!

    --ms

  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 3,979

    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis8

    While it may be possible for Misty to make a version that works in Carrara, in the same way as she did for G3 figures (I'm still amazed and in awe that you were able to do that!), there is more to this new figure than that, included new shaders for more lifelike skin, and the PoserPose interface for expressions. Stuff that you can't really convert to Carrara. And I have pretty much given up any hope that Daz will make this happen themselves.

  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 590
    PhilW said:

    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis8

    While it may be possible for Misty to make a version that works in Carrara, in the same way as she did for G3 figures (I'm still amazed and in awe that you were able to do that!), there is more to this new figure than that, included new shaders for more lifelike skin, and the PoserPose interface for expressions. Stuff that you can't really convert to Carrara. And I have pretty much given up any hope that Daz will make this happen themselves.

    Philw, I'm thinking the powerpose 'feature' is more like a puppeteer-like plugin with figure-specific settings than an ERC-like or other figure-specific mechanism, which means that this particular change/addition may not be a hinderance to Misty or othersb (I hope). Things like eyebrows and new eyes, and toes, and stuff make me wonder how hard the same sort of Misty-fix would be, all the same...

    I was actually wondering if the new powerpose can be made to work (hacked) with older characters like G1 and G2... - I still do a lot of animation in DS and this would be handy (I already have puppeteer presets built that do a lot of what that powerpose video shows, sigh). FWIW, It looks an awful lot like Iclone's facial animation interface now... More features are always a plus tho'

    cheers,

    --ms

  • th3Digitth3Digit Posts: 15,296

    speaking of iClone .....

    Video I just did with Genesis 8

  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 3,979

    Wendy - you are so quick to do these!

  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 3,979

    My point was more that while it may be possible for Misty to hack the actual figure to work in Carrara, the total expersince and render results will still be lacking compared to what can now be done in DS.

  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 590
    PhilW said:

    My point was more that while it may be possible for Misty to hack the actual figure to work in Carrara, the total expersince and render results will still be lacking compared to what can now be done in DS.

    indeed. I agree with that. I also noticed that even Poser was removed from their Genesis8 blurb list of 'big boys' that daz content can be exported to, let alone Carrara's absence... Certainly not an oversite.

    --ms

  • MitovoMitovo Posts: 235
    edited June 15

    Genesis8 now, eh?

    How do you folks keep up?! 

    I'm a ways off from using characters very much, yet, but I do need to dive into how to manipulate them so I'm not starting from zero when I do. They do like great though!

    Post edited by Mitovo on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,086
    edited June 15

    Forgive my stupidity... is it still a G3 type of figure or is completely different, eg ....requiring all new clothes, hair, morphs, etc ???  frown Silene

    Post edited by SileneUK on
  • th3Digitth3Digit Posts: 15,296

    they skipped the genesis numbering and went for the figure numbering instead

  • th3Digitth3Digit Posts: 15,296
    SileneUK said:

    Forgive my stupidity... is it still a G3 type of figure or is completely different, eg ....requiring all new clothes, hair, morphs, etc ???  frown Silene

    and yes

  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 3,979

    It is a new generation of figures, they are providing clones for Genesis, Genesis 2 Male and Female and Genesis 3 Male and Female so you should be able to use clothing from any of those figures, auto-fitted to the new G8F (with the usual caveats about auto-fitting). It is also UV and map compatible with G3F so any textures that you have for G3F can be used. Note that textures that use different UVs to the base figure won't work "out of the box" but there is a way to remap them within Daz Studio - sorry, I can't offhand remember the name of the process to do that. But morphs will all need to be new. G8F has a different base pose to previous figures and so poses will need some adjustments.

  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,086

    Ack.... I am getting 'genesis fatigue'... a sign of age I guess. frown Silene

  • th3Digitth3Digit Posts: 15,296
    edited June 15

    well we now get to pick over the discarded figures that work or can be made to work in Carrara with help and their wardrobes at discounted prices.

    Think of it like an ThriftShop

    we rock that

    Post edited by th3Digit on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 24,035
    th3Digit said:

    Crash

    no surprises there

    Misty!!!!!!!!!!! 

     

    oh dear.  well haz an idea what to look for in the crashing behavior smiley
    was almost excited when i read she was the most backward compatible figure.

    does she have face rigging?

  • MistaraMistara Posts: 24,035
    PhilW said:

    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis8

    While it may be possible for Misty to make a version that works in Carrara, in the same way as she did for G3 figures (I'm still amazed and in awe that you were able to do that!), there is more to this new figure than that, included new shaders for more lifelike skin, and the PoserPose interface for expressions. Stuff that you can't really convert to Carrara. And I have pretty much given up any hope that Daz will make this happen themselves.

     

    what about Octane shaders?  or the Luxus and Luxcore?

  • MistaraMistara Posts: 24,035
    SileneUK said:

    Ack.... I am getting 'genesis fatigue'... a sign of age I guess. frown Silene

     

    lol  fatigues, yes.

    reserving opinion til the g8 dude comes out.

  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,086
    Mistara said:
    SileneUK said:

    Ack.... I am getting 'genesis fatigue'... a sign of age I guess. frown Silene

     

    lol  fatigues, yes.

    reserving opinion til the g8 dude comes out.

    Well, with car engines you can retro fit a V8 into some smaller engine compartments.... wonder if that applies virtually?  devil  If anyone can, it's Mistara the Miracleworker!  heartSilene

  • MistaraMistara Posts: 24,035

    there's something different with her eyelashes?  

    her face is longish, reminds me of poser Anastasia/Alyson2.

    dunno, between V8 and her morphs ++, 

    doh, her expressions ++ is all HD 

     

  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 590
    Mistara said:

    ...

    doh, her expressions ++ is all HD 

    ouch

  • MistaraMistara Posts: 24,035
    edited June 15

    preliminary analysis  lol

    looks like she's 2 bones short of G3f.  g3f 173, g8f 171.

    same binding mode, 'general'  map mode 'dualquat'

    think i just have to find those 2 bones difference, or a new mittens rather.

    geograft eyelashes might be a good thing for us, nuthin in the way of dynamic hair eyelashes

     

    Post edited by Mistara on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 620
    edited June 16

    G3 and G8 have exactly the same topology. The only difference is that G8 has sharper armpits and slightly (or not slightly) differently weight painted which led to more successful posing. Screen shots are included.

    Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity

    2017-06-15_2333.png
    856 x 632 - 663K
    2017-06-15_2333_001.png
    855 x 701 - 724K
    Tadasana01.png
    1200 x 1560 - 1M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 3,979
    Mistara said:
    th3Digit said:

    Crash

    no surprises there

    Misty!!!!!!!!!!! 

     

    oh dear.  well haz an idea what to look for in the crashing behavior smiley
    was almost excited when i read she was the most backward compatible figure.

    does she have face rigging?

    Yes, she has face rigging, I think the same face bones are present as for G3F. The two missing bones are (I think) the heel bones.

    Eyelashes are now a separate part.  I think V8 also comes with fibremesh eyebrows.

     

  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 3,979
    Mistara said:
    PhilW said:

    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis8

    While it may be possible for Misty to make a version that works in Carrara, in the same way as she did for G3 figures (I'm still amazed and in awe that you were able to do that!), there is more to this new figure than that, included new shaders for more lifelike skin, and the PoserPose interface for expressions. Stuff that you can't really convert to Carrara. And I have pretty much given up any hope that Daz will make this happen themselves.

     

    what about Octane shaders?  or the Luxus and Luxcore?

    Yes, you could build something similar with Octane and probably Luxus/Luxcore, but it wouldn't be "built-in" as for Daz Studio.

  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 3,979
    mindsong said:
    Mistara said:

    ...

    doh, her expressions ++ is all HD 

    ouch

    They are marked as HD but it looks to me that they are just moving bones rather than adding anything extra to that.

  • MistaraMistara Posts: 24,035
    Vyusur said:

    G3 and G8 have exactly the same topology. The only difference is that G8 has sharper armpits and slightly (or not slightly) differently weight painted which led to more successful posing. Screen shorts are included.

     

    there the A pose they were talking about?

Sign In or Register to comment.