Proportional edit?

SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi! I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I'm trying to help someone learn to morph and they use Hexagon, whereas I use Blender. Doe Hexagon have a feature equivalent to proportional editing? PE allows you to select a vertex and have it drag the ones around it to varying degrees (pulling the mesh like taffy).

Also, in Blender you can selectively hide geometry and the hidden bits will be unaffected by the PE, making it easier to morph a hood or half of a jacket or shirt. Is there anything like that?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It's called Soft Selection in Hexagon, and you will find it in the Properties panel on the right.

You can hide geometry in the Scene Tree, but not for parts of objects, unless they are grouped objects.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited February 2013

It's called Soft Selection in Hexagon, and you will find it in the Properties panel on the right.

You can hide geometry in the Scene Tree, but not for parts of objects, unless they are grouped objects.

Thank you for the prompt response!

So to hide part of an object it would need to be on a group and then the group be hidden?

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

No, if an item has several grouped parts, you can hide each part within a group, same as in DS. You can hide any item by switching off the little eye icon (same as DS)

You can use the 'Extract' tool to remove Geometry from an object, to create a new object, like splitting clothing into different parts for rigging.

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

You can also select faces and make them hidden.

Display > Hide Selected Faces (Cmd-B on Mac), or a button on the tool tab.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

lexbaird said:
    You can also select faces and make them hidden.

Display > Hide Selected Faces (Cmd-B on Mac), or a button on the tool tab.

That's probably more likely to be useful. Thank you. :-)