Can not load A4, M4 into Poser Pro 2012

45 Cool45 Cool Posts: 20
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Every time I try to load A4, M4 into Poser Pro 2012. I try to load like I've always have done and now the Daz downloader will not work. I keep getting a message about it need to be installed in the same directory which is where I as trying to put it. Please help....I have been able to load V4 but not the others.

Problem_loading_A4.jpg
771 x 558 - 96K

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

Antiquated installer. Either create an empty file called Poser.exe in the external runtime folder you are installing it to, or select DAZ Studio when it asks for the installation type. I do the former...

• edited February 2013

Just to expand a little on the technique to by-pass this problem:

Create a new folder anywhere on your hard disk away from your poser runtime ( so as not to damage your poser main rutime with a bungled installation).

Name it anything you like.

Inside this new folder create an empty text file, save it as anynameyoulike.txt

Rename the text file poser.exe

When windows asks you if you want to change the file extension, accept .

You may also need to create a subfolder called runtime.

And under the subfolder called runtime, create the sub-sub folder called libraries.

Tell the DAZ installed to install your Aiko4 or Vic4 or M4 into the new folder which conatins the fake poser.exe file

If Windows security complains, just tell it to shut up and just install.

If all goes well, the DAZ figure has been installed.

Run the initialisation as required by the installer.

VERY IMPORTANT: Rename the fake poser.exe into poser_fake.exe !!!

Launch Poser. You must then add this external runtime as one of the runtimes in your Poser library.

If you miss these last two steps and simply copied over the installation runtime into your main Poser folder, you're so screwed, because it can, if you are not sharp with the Windows over-write warning, replace your Smith Micro Poser.exe file with your fake poser.exe file !!!

BE WARNED !!!

Done.

Post edited by ibr_remote aka infinity10 on
  • edited December 1969

( why on earth am I listed as New Member ?!) I have been spending money here and using the forums since early 2000s )

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

( why on earth am I listed as New Member ?!) I have been spending money here and using the forums since early 2000s )

everything was reset in May when they changed to new forums.
    I think you need 50 posts to be a "Member" and 250 for "Active Member"

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

Michael 4 and Victoria 4 will indeed look for a Poser.exe (or poser.app) if you select Poser as the target application - it's much simpler to select DAZ Studio as the target as there's no fiddling around with dummy files (you get the same files either way). However, Aiko 4 and so on are add-ons for the base figure and need to install to the same folder as them, they aren't looking for a Poser application.

• edited December 1969

Michael 4 and Victoria 4 will indeed look for a Poser.exe (or poser.app) if you select Poser as the target application - it's much simpler to select DAZ Studio as the target as there's no fiddling around with dummy files (you get the same files either way). However, Aiko 4 and so on are add-ons for the base figure and need to install to the same folder as them, they aren't looking for a Poser application.

Ah yes, I missed that part out about Aiko4 being an add-on etc etc.

edited February 2013

He did mention that he's having problems with M4 as well. Richard. The daft installer must give the same error message for both errors.

Just grab DAZ install Manager and you won't have the problem. Not every product is installable through DIM yet, but V4 M4 and A 4 are...

http://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info

Post edited by WandW on
    edited February 2013

PS: I trust you are not trying to install into the Runtime in the Poser program directory?

Post edited by WandW on
  • 45 Cool45 Cool Posts: 20
    edited February 2013

It worked like a charm, thank you ibr_remote so very much for your help. I tried going through support, and they couldn't help me. Both at Daz and Smith. And I knew I wasn't the only one with this problem. Thanks again so much.......

Post edited by 45 Cool on
  • 45 Cool45 Cool Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    PS: I trust you are not trying to install into the Runtime in the Poser program directory?

No, I have it on a separate runtime.....