[Launched in Store] - Carrara EnviroKit - Woodlands [commercial]

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    Thanks for that. You are quite right that you need to keep render times down for animation and your default lighting renders fast! My lighting technique is just another tool to have in your Carrara armoury.
    ...and a very nice tool at that!
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Purchased it a few hours ago and I'm waiting for it to finish downloading. My first download stopped before the whole product was downloaded and the WiFi is messed up at the location I'm at now so it is going to take several hour to download.

Luckily I can watch TCM has a good movie on I can watch at the place I'm using the WiFi at while it downloads.

Looking forward to trying it out.

Sorry... it's over 1GB... but I wanted it to be complete
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    it's here - through he said it was cheap !!
    http://www.daz3d.com/landscapes/carrara-environkit-woodlands
    Sorry, too much?

:-)

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Just finished downloading!!! and a GREAT DEAL!!! I thought the tutorial videos are worth that much not to mention all the content and inline info. Time to have some fun Thanks Man

edited December 1969

Cool. It was my intention to try and use this sort of method to add a lot more preset starting points to the Carrara browser library that can also work as a scene in their own right. With the feedback I'm getting so far, it looks like I should continue this line. The others will be quite different - so to make for entirely new realms of presets to start your scenes from. Thank you all.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Purchased it a few hours ago and I'm waiting for it to finish downloading. My first download stopped before the whole product was downloaded and the WiFi is messed up at the location I'm at now so it is going to take several hour to download.

Luckily I can watch TCM has a good movie on I can watch at the place I'm using the WiFi at while it downloads.

Looking forward to trying it out.

Sorry... it's over 1GB... but I wanted it to be complete

Just seen the download and ... seriously DAZ? A SINGLE DOWNLOAD file? For 1.1GB? I don't use Carrara an awful lot, but this sounded like a nice way of getting some nice scenery and background going and a refund covered the cost. But ... I wonder if I will ever be able to get it downloaded. Not your issue, Dartanbeck. You have produced what looks to be an epic product an done that I do really want. I know that 'everyone' is on ultra-high speed superduper, whizzy broadband nowadays. Apart from those who are not.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

I had a couple of issues with downloading initially, I appreciate that it is frustrating if it aborts and you have to restart - been there. All I can say is, it is worth it when you get it!

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    I had a couple of issues with downloading initially, I appreciate that it is frustrating if it aborts and you have to restart - been there. All I can say is, it is worth it when you get it!

It'd be better if we had the resumable downlaads that was, if memory serves, a promised feature of the DIM ;)
    edited July 2013

Simon, check your private message box. If you're still having issues - I can help.
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

thanks for your great kit.

That's awsome package like that that keeps carrara alive.

Thanks again for the great work and the nice price

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Got it finally. It took given all the restarts I had to do over 8 hours. I was surprised DAZ put it all into one file instead of splitting it up into smaller files like they used to do for very large products to make the downloads more manageable.

I wanted to scream cause it got up to 765 MB and timed out and I had to start again, plus the WiFi at most places I go to has been messed up the past few days due to bad weather so my download speeds is about 1/3 or 1/4 what it is.

Plus the DAZ has been having very slow with download speeds lately which makes things worse.

I did notice that some other products that used to have separate installers now have just one big DIM file.

Ended up spending the night at friend's to use the WiFii there and ended watching Seven Samurai on TCM while it downloading.

Great product Dartanbeck. The download problems are on DAZ's end.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited December 1969

Plus the DAZ has been having very slow with download speeds lately which makes things worse

that's cause of the rush for Dart's wonderful product.!

edited December 1969

Sorry 'bout that.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Well ... so far I only used DAZ Studio, but took the opportunity to buy this product and Carrara. Sometimes DAZ Studio just isn't enough and the Carrara offer came in quite handy, as I was specifically looking for an environment solution among other features I'd like to have :)

Will see how it goes about learning curve and all that, but looking forward to it and your EnviroKit looks really intuitive to use. Quite a bargain as well, appreciate the low price compared to the content it offers :)

Thank you!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    Well ... so far I only used DAZ Studio, but took the opportunity to buy this product and Carrara. Sometimes DAZ Studio just isn't enough and the Carrara offer came in quite handy, as I was specifically looking for an environment solution among other features I'd like to have :)

Will see how it goes about learning curve and all that, but looking forward to it and your EnviroKit looks really intuitive to use. Quite a bargain as well, appreciate the low price compared to the content it offers :)

Thank you!

You're taking your first steps into a larger world!

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

Thank you!

No... Thank YOU!
    I am glad that you're stepping this way into the ultimate (IMHO) 3d CG experience! Carrara just seems to remove so many limits!
    edited December 1969

Despite all concerns I did manage to downlaod the product - but still think that a 1.1GB install file is a bit drastic! Carrara is installed on the new computer and has only just been sparked up for the first time - help may be needed!!!! ;)

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    bigh said:
    it's here - through he said it was cheap !!
    http://www.daz3d.com/landscapes/carrara-environkit-woodlands
    Sorry, too much?

:-)

what's the render time on the animation scene ?
    is it less then 1min. ?
    any one .

• edited December 1969

Dart, can you give me an idea of render times with an out of the box scene from the kit? Thanks!

• 3DPixLA3DPixLA Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello Dartanbeck, I am purchasing your Woodlands and Dragons animation set as a supporter because you are one of the top contributors on the forum always willing to help folks out with Carrara. I also got your Starry Sky awhile back. Keep up the good work.

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

I saw this hit the store this weekend and picked it up (along with starry skys). I never really renderd outdoor scenes because setting them up was such a pain. I've been picking through how you set these up and I'm understanding more know, so it was money well spent.

The big file size was a surprise to me--I assumed it was the animated background, but it's well worth it. The out of the box render time was a bit long for me, but not too excessive (about 5 minutes I think for the forest fog scene). What would you recommend I turn down to speed up test renders?

edited December 1969

Just to prove I can read a manual ... *gah, Carrara makes me want to tear my hair out!*

http://fav.me/d6dqtuq

edited July 2013

bigh said:
    what's the render time on the animation scene ?
    is it less then 1min. ?
    any one .Nope. But it could be - maybe. This question can have many answers because it is incredibly vague - I'll do the best that I can:
    In order to answer what I can see as the main concern, I loaded the bonus animated backdrop scene and hit "render" - without putting anything else in the scene. It rendered out the 180 frames in three minutes and ten seconds on my eight core machine.

dal6 said:
    Dart, can you give me an idea of render times with an out of the box scene from the kit? Thanks!There are 42 (+1) Presets. "Basic Scene Day" without clouds took me three minutes and fifty seconds. The Clouds Rigs are made of Volumetric Clouds - so they can add a bit to your render time - but are really worth it if you need them.

3DPixLA said:
    Hello Dartanbeck, I am purchasing your Woodlands and Dragons animation set as a supporter because you are one of the top contributors on the forum always willing to help folks out with Carrara. I also got your Starry Sky awhile back. Keep up the good work.
    Wow, Thank you! I really appreciate that!

I saw this hit the store this weekend and picked it up (along with starry skys). I never really renderd outdoor scenes because setting them up was such a pain. I've been picking through how you set these up and I'm understanding more know, so it was money well spent.

The big file size was a surprise to me--I assumed it was the animated background, but it's well worth it. The out of the box render time was a bit long for me, but not too excessive (about 5 minutes I think for the forest fog scene). What would you recommend I turn down to speed up test renders?

Select the Clouds group and uncheck 'Visible'.
    Again... sorry about the file size. I had no idea that such a thing is so uncommon. I'll try and back off next time.

Just to prove I can read a manual ... *gah, Carrara makes me want to tear my hair out!*

http://fav.me/d6dqtuqWhy? That's a really cool render!

Sorry for the delay... stonework outside was torturing hot and long! Glad to be home.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

Nope. But it could be - maybe. This question can have many answers because it is incredibly vague - I'll do the best that I can:
    In order to answer what I can see as the main concern, I loaded the bonus animated backdrop scene and hit "render" - without putting anything else in the scene. It rendered out the 180 frames in three minutes and ten seconds on my eight core machine.

thank you - that was a big help .:)

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

Why? That's a really cool render!

Sorry for the delay... stonework outside was torturing hot and long! Glad to be home.
    Why? I just can never find anything! This was the first time i have actually manged to select a different camera! ;)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited December 1969

Why? I just can never find anything! This was the first time i have actually manged to select a different camera!

ah when you see renders like dart's product make it will encourage you explore even more : )

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Why? I just can never find anything! This was the first time i have actually manged to select a different camera!

ah when you see renders like dart's product make it will encourage you explore even more : )

I'm the same with Daz Studio, I can never find stuff, but then Carrara is my 3D program of choice. You'll soon find your way around. I know I'm biased, but have a look at the first few chapters for free of my Carrara training on the Infinite Skills site. It includes some early bits about navigating that I hope you will find useful.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

SimonJM said:

Why? That's a really cool render!

Why? I just can never find anything! This was the first time i have actually manged to select a different camera! ;)

Nice dragon picture!

edited December 1969

I know! I love where he is... how he's posed... sweet!
    Here is an index to those free chapters Phil mentioned, which includes a link to see ones from his advanced set below.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments about the picture and the link - I suspect I'm going to be absorbing information for a while ... :)