how to place a company logo onto a polygon

lyntslynts Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I use Maya and brought in a maya object into hexagon 2.5 then into carrara to color it. was already colored in maya but i cant bring it in like that. so in maya I can apply a texture to separate polygons. in carrara i have no clue on how to do this. please help

Comments

• edited December 1969

I am by no means a pro, and this probably is not the most efficient method, but I think it should work.

Go into the model tab, select the desired polygons and then click the global tab.

Under Shading Domains Management click add. A menu pops up. Choose yes. Then name it how you like.

Then in the texture room add a texture map of the logo.

Shawn.

P.S. If there is a better way I am all ears as well.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited June 2012

Hi Lynts

There are two ways you can do this in Carrara,.
    You can use the traditional method of selecting a group of polygons and designating that selection as a Shading domain, and then creating a Shader, and applying it to that named shading domain.

Or,

You can use a shader function in Carrara, to apply a texture or logo onto a "Layer", directly onto the model in the shader room.

At the top of the shader room, there are a couple of shape tools, (rectangle polygon and oval) as well as a Pointer tool to manipulate the shape layer once you create it.

You simply draw a "layer" shape, onto your model in the shader preview window.
    this creates a new shader "Layer" which allows you to add another texture or colour to that layer shape.

Hope it helps :)

bottle_post.jpg
    800 x 729 - 157K
    bottle_label.jpg
    800 x 738 - 98K
    Post edited by 3DAGE on