Render Profiles for DAZ Studio 4.5

Comments

• E.BruE.Bru Posts: 179
    edited December 1969

Thank you! It is very helpful.

• MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited December 1969

Many thanks for this Adam, seems to work great in 4.6 Pro and saves a lot of messing about with the different render value sliders.

Kind regards, and appreciate you making this available.

Cheers :-)

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344
    edited December 1969

Thanks for sharing this Adam!

Does this change the lights in a scene too?

I'm using the DS 4.6 Pro Public Build, and it seemed like the scene got much darker after running the Insane Quality script, in both the preview window and final render. The scene definitely looks better and more dramatic with fewer lights now, but I'm trying to achieve a more daytime scene.

• di3godi3go Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Thank you this is an amazing script

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited December 1969

Fabulous idea Adam, thanks for sharing those with us!:)

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Very handy. Thanks for posting Adam.

• AngelAngel Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

RAWR! thank you very much. <3</p>

• Liquid RockLiquid Rock Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Hi guys!

Sorry if I'm wrong, but here's my question to These Settings:

what do all these rendersettings WITHOUT the right lightsource? If you add only a distancelight, one or two Spotlights or whatever , you can do a draft or insane...., it will look not that way you could have it done with UBERENVIRONMENT2! And at this Point a INSANE Setting would take the rendertime into eternity! So, in my opinion, first add the proper lightsource and then handle around with the rendersettings. Am I wrong?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

The right lighting will vary from scene to scene, depending on intent and content. Render settings will be less dependent, so it makes more sense to have a set of generic presets.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

I can't honestly tell of speedboosts from my previous drafts, as I've learned a bunch of things to optimize my scene at the same time as I tried these, BUT, I feel much more confident using them, so that's a SUPER BONUS. And flipping between the quality settings certainly helps in proofing! So thanks!!!

(now to learn what the depth of field settings do :)

• UnseenArtworksUnseenArtworks Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Mother of god... If i'd only found this thread earlyer. Your Draft setting has more Quality than my so called "HQ" settings and only take 25% render time... If... if... if i'd only found it earlier *humming silently in fetal position beneath the table*

Thank you so much! You saved my projects!

• The_MomsterThe_Momster Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

For all the newbies asking all over Facebook, etc., I point them right here! Needs HUGE Sticky with sign "This way"! I know I won't render without these!

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,949
    edited December 1969

Well said :)

• Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 439
    edited December 1969

OMG

The scary part about all this, I have never really paid too much attention to this section of DAZ Studio.

Thank you for opening my eyes :)

• satinsatin Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Thank you :-)

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

Thanks!, I'm rendering right now using your settings, gracias amigo!

• ryverthornryverthorn Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

I know this is an older thread but are these scripts still available somewhere? I keep getting an error when I try to click the link.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

The download still works. Try forcing a refresh with CTRL F5.

• HarveyoneHarveyone Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Is it possible to make the same profile settings for Luxus:Luxrender and Reality4:Luxrender? I also have these rendering plugins, so I'd like to be able to have the same flexibility if possible.

• edited December 1969

Thank you i use these all the time

• ObsidianpoetObsidianpoet Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Hello friends. I found this thread very interesting. I am downloading the script as we speak. Does anyone know if it works in the 4.7 version of the PRO? I have not had Studio installed since 2012 and I started with a fresh install and I'm running the 4.7 PRO 64 bit version.

Thanks!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yes, they work in 4.7

• ObsidianpoetObsidianpoet Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Yes, they work in 4.7

Thanks for the reply! This is a great script from what I can tell. :)

• guitarkid5guitarkid5 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Can someone please help me out in simple black and white, sorry to be such a newb. I am on a mac, using DAZ 4.7. I just don't know where to put what folder, and after that, where do I see them in DAZ? I really want to try them out. I have been trying to copy and paste various folders in various places and I'm just not seeing anything. Thanks! Steve

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited December 1969

I've been meaning to look these up and download them for quite some time... so I just did... aaaaaand apparently at some point I did download and install them, since they were already there when I went to install them...
    And I guess I probably intended to thank you, but was distracted... so I'll thank you now!

Thank you!

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,230
    edited February 2015

Can someone please help me out in simple black and white, sorry to be such a newb. I am on a mac, using DAZ 4.7. I just don't know where to put what folder, and after that, where do I see them in DAZ? I really want to try them out. I have been trying to copy and paste various folders in various places and I'm just not seeing anything. Thanks! Steve

Hi Steve welcome to the Forums,
    You want to merge the Scripts folder contained in the Download zip folder with the Script folder in your runtime. The easiest way to do it is to open two finder windows. 1 With the zip contents 2 your active content library. Then drag and drop the AMR folder into the scripts folder.
    To access the presets simply navigate to the Scripts folder inside of DS and you will see the AMR folder containing all of the presets. DDClick to use.

Installing_AMR2.jpg
    949 x 754 - 42K
    Installing_AMR.jpg
    1166 x 484 - 102K
    Post edited by Design Anvil - Razor42 on
  • videoninja719videoninja719 Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

awesome script. will this be updated soon and for the upcoming iray?

• Faery_LightFaery_Light Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

After trying to figure out render settings on my own I downloaded these.
    Now my renders are soooo much better.

• Miranas ArtMiranas Art Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

I've used this with DS 4.6
    Is this script with 4.8 still working? Cannot see any changes

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,949
    edited December 1969

Yes it does, You need to render with 3delight and you can see changes in render tab.