Bot for Genesis problems

Comments

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Had no trouble getting BotGen_All to load after updating to 1.3. I did get a crash when I went to apply some other things.

Did some testing like I did before and it is looking like it is a 4.6 problem as 4.5 on an older computer isn't having those problems with 1.3.

Will post more if I learn anything new.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

For some the solution to the hand problem was to install the newer Genesis essentials 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.13_trx.exe

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited June 2013

Bot For Genesis is my favorite purchase from the store, I absolutely love it. I have one tiny little issue that I can't seem to resolve. The seams on the right elbow are not matching up for some reason. I would appreciate what ever help I can get on it.

thanks.

no_luck.png
    1311 x 1048 - 565K
    Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
  • alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited December 1969

I get this too, when I use a V5 skin. It works fine for me with V4 skins.

Bot For Genesis is my favorite purchase from the store, I absolutely love it. I have one tiny little issue that I can't seem to resolve. The seams on the right elbow are not matching up for some reason. I would appreciate what ever help I can get on it.

thanks.

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Bot for genesis uses the V4 uv map. V5 textures will not work properly with it.

• info a372info a372 Posts: 5
    edited July 2013

Hi,
    DAZ3D-beginner here ...

Love this little bot, but how do I make the metal surface to show up correctly?
    Using 4.6 and re-downloaded and re-installed BotGen. Had the same problems in 4.5, though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Sam

bot-test.png
    571 x 800 - 141K
    Post edited by info a372 on
    edited December 1969

Looks like you are using the QuickMat...try using the BaseMat.

bot.jpg
    366 x 204 - 96K
    edited July 2013

Alken, thanks!

I did not even register that there were alternatives...
    thanks for pointing it out to me.

Still trying to find my way around. Thanks for the help!

Sam

edited December 1969

Anytime!

• NautiousNautious Posts: 31
    edited July 2013

jakiblue said:
    alright I'm definitely missing something here.

How do you apply the silver to the whole body? Or just to an arm?

Tell you what I did.

I selected The Genesis Figure in the Scene Tab and went to Bot Genesis in the Smart Content Tab. With these selected, I double clicked on Bot Gen Base Mat. This worked for me.

The Genesis figures were, for the girl, Basic Female Actor, and 30% Anastacia A5, and 50% Victoria 5. The man is Michael 5 Heroic.

Hope this helps.

Azure_Cyana_Front_View.jpg
    1192 x 811 - 72K
    Cobalt_Cyana_Front_View.jpg
    1192 x 811 - 97K
    Post edited by Nautious on
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Thank you for these tips. So that definitely allowed me to skin the figure properly. Now I just need to experiment with some of the other figure types. I would like to be able to make different types of bots using the many V5/M5 types that I have.

Here is a sample render

Thanks for that.

I had the same problem with two of my characters.

With the first one, I applied the Amy Elite V4 Texture. With the second one, based on Keira for Stephanie 5, I used her Keira Texture. This worked. I tried the Marie face 01, but this did not work. The colour cam out too dark.

Hoe I'm not rabbiting on and hope this proves useful to you.

edited July 2013

Thanks for the information, it worked beautifully.
    Sorry I'm just replying now, but I had a problem loggin into the forum the last days.

The silver is on the bot. BUT ... now the figure looks facetted. Not smoothly curved. Regardless of if it is rendered or not rendered.
    I THINK I just applied the BaseMat and did not change any other settings. But this looks like some user error on my part, something to go easy on the system.

Anybody has any idea how I can get this to show up as supposed?
    (I hope I am not causing any eyes to roll ...)

Sam

(By the way, in the screenshot, what you see is a partially rendered image, just to show you the rendered/non rendered comparison in the face and the facettes showing - there is also some nomals-problem going on under the chin, but that does not show in the rendered image, so I do not worry about it)

Screen_Shot_2013-07-19_at_21.45_.04_.png
    509 x 780 - 251K
    edited December 1969

I think it's all right, but check with some of the other people here.

Bot Genesis always looks grey in the unrendered pics. As to the facetted look, I think that is normal. but don't quote me on that. Ask the other people here. They're a knowledgeable company, and should be able to help you. Hope this helps.

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

Parris said:
    Herakleia said:
    I'm having the same issue - with the finger joints outside - in DAZ 4.6.0.18. I'm using the old hands, and it works partly, save for the left thumb, see here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23254/

At this point, I'm inclined to think that "mech bones outside the hands with morphs applied" in DAZ Studio has a very different cause than the similar looking issue in Poser. DS users need to be certain they are not using some combination of the old and new files for Bot Genesis. That's why I'm recommending uninstalling the old and making sure you don't have something lurking in the auto_adapted folder or elsewhere before installing the new version.

I understand that you guys are remedying the issue by using the old data assets and Wearables, which is fine. But I think this is an isolated issue for a few, and I don't think I can fix the problem if I can't experience it. If Herakleia or JohnDelaquiox or someone else who is having this problem in DAZ Studio would be willing to work from a fresh install of the updated Bot Genesis and create a common ground for testing with me than we maybe able to find the cause so others don't have to struggle. I already have another update (minor) in the works and would add a fix to that if needed.

Starting with a fresh Genesis and installing the bot left hand did work- looks good in working layout and render. When I applied V5 Actor the mech bones popped out. I'm continuing to read this thread and have another here that I just added to (has screen caps of an earlier issue): http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23254/

edited August 2013

I had the same problem until I updated the Genesis Starter Essentials via the DAZ Install Manager. Now the robot hands look perfect in any morph in DS 4.6.

Post edited by alken on
    edited December 1969

alken said:
    I had the same problem until I updated the Genesis Starter Essentials via the DAZ Install Manager. Now the robot hands look perfect in any morph in DS 4.6.

Thanks for responding quickly- I'm heading down the list of fixes from easy to (possibly) difficult. Your suggestion is next in line but I have a question about installing the new Genesis Starter Essentials.

The location of these files is where the old installer put them:
    /Users/jaymarsh/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio

The Install manager wants to put them:
    /Users/Shared

I dont think I want them in both places and Install manager wont let me install over the old. How should I proceed?
    thanks

edited December 1969

I uninstalled the older version first, then let the install manager install the new one where it wants. Also, recently I went ahead and merged the old library to the new new location. It screwed up my customized content set-up, but everything still works perfectly.

edited August 2013

alken said:
    I uninstalled the older version first, then let the install manager install the new one where it wants. Also, recently I went ahead and merged the old library to the new new location. It screwed up my customized content set-up, but everything still works perfectly.

I was thinking that too- Heres what I did-
    I uninstalled old Genesis Starter Essentials
    Installed to new files to new location through Install Manager
    Unistalled Bot Genesis and reinstalled and the problem persists.

It has something to do with V5. If I build a fresh bot on the standard female genesis it's fine. The thing is I've manipulated almost all the the surfaces (like the Tin Man) for Genesis and the bot parts and it would take considerable time to rebuild them all even through saved presets (I haven't figured out how to save a material preset for the bot parts yet).

I searched for ways to combine my old library with the new one and haven't found a solid result yet, I'm on a Mac if that matters. I don't think this merging would solve the bot problem and it's off topic so let me know if you have a quick answer or link you can send, Thanks!

Bot_Genesis_thumb_Ouch.jpg
    558 x 845 - 236K
    Post edited by Marshian on
    edited August 2013

I'm sorry, not sure what else to suggest...I'm using a PC & Windows 7.

Post edited by alken on
    edited December 1969

Solved!

Steps taken:
    I uninstalled old Genesis Starter Essentials
    Installed to new files to new location through Install Manager
    Unistalled Bot Genesis and reinstalled Bot
    Then loaded my previous V5 figure that had the problem - deleted the left bot hand and reloaded it.

Now I can really give the solution a Thumbs up.

It's funny to me now- I can't believe how much time I spent on a thumb.

edited December 1969

Glad you found a solution!

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited September 2013

I'm having some issues with this in both Poser and Daz Studio.

DS 4.6.18- After loading the bot and selecting all of the mat zones for the bot parts (minus lhand/rhand) and Genesis, the skin will not load onto the bot parts no matter what. All of the skins I've tried are V4. Even the default V4 texture with the purple bikini of doom doesn't work.

PP2014- I load Genesis via the importer, turn off subd, set a shape, and load the bot parts. The PoserCFs are loading a phantom Genesis that can't be deleted on it's own.

In both cases I'm using the load all option.

I bought this in August, so to my knowledge I have the most current version.

BotGen_Poser.jpg
    1920 x 1044 - 639K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Has this set had a recent update?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited September 2013

Has this set had a recent update?

DIM says the package date is 6/11/2013
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited October 2013

I am still having this issue and its using a V4 texture

thanks.

no_luck.png
    600 x 480 - 130K
    Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
  • edited December 1969

Well here is something I've been working on. hope you like it.

I have come across a few bumps in the road while working with the genesis bot it nothing I could not get past.I love it.

How can I get mine white like this in Poser?

edited December 1969

shaders

• edited December 1969

Can't seem to figure out how to make it look like that?

edited December 1969

I'm not a poser user but you should be able to select the surface zones and apply any white plastic shader to it.

• Ok, so I have added the clothing to a basic genesis and then applied the BotGen-base-MAT. But when I render it with a standard HDRI it looks like this!! I have checked all the surfaces and nothing is emitting. I just applied it and rendered it in iRay without making any adjustements

What is going on?

Capture.JPG
    1737 x 1757 - 267K