How to get a ghost-figure like in the promo images of DAZ "Haunted Mansion Poses"?

Hello, I need a ghost figure to be created and rendered in Poser that exactly looks like the ones at the promo images of DAZ "Haunted Mansion Poses". As far as I understand it, that package just contains poses. So I think, that semi transparent ghost style of any figue is something that must be created within Poser itself. Or does the item "Haunted Mansion Poses" contain any kind of preset in order to render the figure looking like a ghost? If not, what has to be done in order to get such ghost-figure result? Thank you very much for helping me with this!

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

It could have been done in DS and 3delight using PWGhost.

https://www.daz3d.com/pwghost

I wouldn't have a clue how to do it in Poser

• Ah, okay. I see. So the poses itself would obviously not help me to create such ghost figures. I remember now that a long time ago there was another script at RDNA (ShaderWorks - Utilities - Vol4 - Ghost). But the maretplace is gone away and I have no idea if this script would still work with Poser 11, because it was made for Poser 7.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Off the top of my head there are various scripts and things (products in the DAZ Store) which export or render your figure to something more akin to line art... not sure if these items work in Poser (or why you need the figures that way) but it seems to me that if you rendered such a "more like line art" figure as black lines on white, you could flip the artwork's values into a negative (white lines on a black background) image, using a paint program. Next, draw a fuzzy line around the figure, copy the lasso'd selection, and paste it into your suitably dark scene in an image editor, with the figure's layer set at about 60 percent opacity say -- presto, your figure will be fairly spectral and ghostly! Then it's just a case of doing a bit of trim work, cutting closer to the specific outline of the figure.

I think most special-effects artwork is built this way or along similar lines. Depending on your interests you could also seek out light colored areas (like glossy woodwork or mouldlings, furniture outlines and so on) in your master scene and then paste a few of them back over the figure's area. Just to add some "authenticity" and to help the viewer suspend their disbelief.

Ah, okay. I see. So the poses itself would obviously not help me to create such ghost figures.

Sometimes pre-made poses of figures that are "flying" about the room, can be handy as they help you get started building your ghostly scene. Don't forget that you can "pin" your DAZ figure's chest and waist into a fixed position with the active pose tool... with the main part of the figure held this way it's easy to drag the legs out and back a bit, to make them look like they're "floating on air".

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,509
    edited March 2017

One of my series is a paranormal fiction. I used opacity (lowered it). Also used the same technique, animated in a trailer. Best to do it in post work and bring it back in.

Edit not referring to Haunted Mansion just the technique used on original art.

Post edited by ArtAngel on