Manual installation problems

I have some content which doesn't contain a manifest or an installer. I thought installing this content was as simple as simply taking the runtime folder from the unzipped folder, and dragging it to the runtime folder in my content library. When I do this, everything does indeed go inside. But when I go to open it in daz3d, it is nowhere to be found. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

If it is only a 'runtime' folder, it is most likely content setup for Poser. In that case, do you see a 'Poser Formats' label in your Content Library Tab? (Usually directly under 'DAZ Studio Formats'.). That is were you should find the content...

Also, make sure the runtime folder isn't dragged "in" the runtime folder of your system, the folders should be 'merged' (otherwise you get a new runtime folder within the existing runtime folder, that doesn't work).

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Yes, as glaseye says, the runtime folder must be dragged or copied to the folder one level above the existing runtime folder, which in most cases will be your main content folder, whatever that might be. Dragging a runtime folder to an existing runtime folder will place a runtime folder within a runtime folder a.k.a. nested runtimes, which is a no-no.

• I have checked the poser content, and it is empty, I haven't got anything there at all. And I am not dragging in I am merging just as you say. 

• Where is the Runtime folder on your drive/ Which folders do you have as Poser Format content diectories?

• The runtime folder is inside of my daz content library. Actually I don't see the poser format content directory, I'm not sure where that is located. So is what you are saying that I need to find the poser format folder, and combine this runtime folder with that one, because the fact that the content only contains a runtime folder means it's poser content instead of daz content, and that's why nothing happens when I combine it with the runtime folder in my daz library?

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

Maybe the content directory isn't (properly) added to DS; to check this from the top file menu select:

Edit --  Preferences (F2 on the keyboard might be a shortcut)

Then, as shown in the attached image, choose:

Content

Content Directory Manager

Check if there is/are Poser Formats included

If not, with  'Add' you can search and select the library containing the runtime folder

directories.jpg
    443 x 900 - 100K
  • Do you have any entries under Poser Formats in the Content Library pane in Daz Studio?

• Greetings.
    I am new and I have the problem that when I load MIKA 7 and put clothes (Mischievous fairy dress) I get a message that it does not find some files and are loaded as "boxes" in the character.
    I have manually uploaded the files to: C: \ Documents \ DAZ 3D \ Studio \ My Library.
    For example, what are new poses if you load them, but clothes, hair, etc. They come out in the form of "boxes".
    Thank you for your experience and help.
    Greetings

AYUDA 1 DAZ.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 311K