CONGRATULATE DAZ, PA and its users: Over 2.5 Million Downloads

Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 316
edited March 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

Congradulations for great job and hard work to whole DAZ team and Published Artist. As per DAZ  Over 2.5 Million Downloads. yes [https://www.daz3d.com/technology]

Keep up the good work!!!  

DAZ’s products have been used in many professional productions, television shows and print publications such as “X-Men 2,” “Spiderman,” “Average Joe,” “48 Hours,” The Wall Street Journal, Popular Science, Scientific American, and the History Channel. As per link below:

http://creativepro.com/daz-productions-acquires-eovia-us-corporation/

Note: Moving this thread from Carrara to Daz Studio Discussion.

Post edited by Samuel S. on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

how many of those are for carrara?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Obviously not enough to fund any carrara developement :)

How many of the 2.5 million are still using Daz3D Studio after 1 year,. 2 yr etc.

2.5 million downloads of something that's FREE,. really isn't worth celebrating,.....

unless that's 2.5 mil per month, Or,.. there's a guaranteed minimum return from each of those downloads.

Daz is Fishing,. dangling free bait and hoping for bites.

Also,. this is the Carrara discussion forum,. Daz Studio has it's own forum, which is possibly more suited to celebrations of Daz's greatness.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796

I think there are a few Carrara users out there that we never see on this forum who started with Raydream.

They possibly do not buy much else from DAZ either.

That said the main download spoken of on that page is almost certainly the free DAZ studio as 3Dage pointed out, no figures are revealed for other content and programs.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,209
    edited March 2017

I disagree. 2,500,000 is a pretty big number to me. Free or not... that's an impressive number of downloads!

I love that Daz3d uses the combination of free and value pricing with some higher prices with heafty sales. It allows people to get into it with no investment other than the ime to try it.

Like it? there's a lot more to come back for - even if all we want to 'afford' at any point is Free. Eventually users start to see things that they are willing to pay for and see the value. 

When I look at places like Cornucopia and Turbo Squid, etc., and then come back here and see vendors like Stonemason, Howie Farkes, (the list is long here - so I'll be brief) and, even when NOT on sale are really reasonable compared to those places.

And I'm not saying that the others aren't worth it... heavens no. I'm saying that the Daz3d Store has amazing prices - even for low-budget folks like me... makes me happy!

It also helps to illustrate how successful a company can be by using such a model. The software that they started, Daz Studio, is an amazing piece of software and it's come a long way since it started.

The content sold through the store makes enough to support the aggressive development of DS as well as pushing the boundaries of their human figures, which is awesome! At least I think it is.

Congratulations Daz3d!

I know that there are many more people making great digital art because of the existence of Daz3d! :)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited March 2017

as carraraist I feel like cinderella with her stepsisters, with Daz3d as her mother...

I would have liked to celebrate this result, but "strangely enough" I can't feel it...

Post edited by magaremoto on
  • Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 316
    edited March 2017

I use combination of Carrara, Hexagon, DAZ studio and sometimes Bryce. 2,500,000 is a pretty big number as Dartanbeck indicated above.

DAZ studio gets its funding by Selling/licensing characters etc. that is why it is free.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2017

If you accidently posted this thread into the wrong forum,  did you know that you can actually move a thread yourselves nowadays.  Simply click on  the gear icon on your original post, click on edit  and then change the category (on the left hand side)  to Daz Studio from the drop down list

Post edited by Chohole on

Thanks for the suggesting this option.

3DAGE said:

Obviously not enough to fund any carrara developement :)

How many of the 2.5 million are still using Daz3D Studio after 1 year,. 2 yr etc.

2.5 million downloads of something that's FREE,. really isn't worth celebrating,.....

unless that's 2.5 mil per month, Or,.. there's a guaranteed minimum return from each of those downloads.

Daz is Fishing,. dangling free bait and hoping for bites.

Also,. this is the Carrara discussion forum,. Daz Studio has it's own forum, which is possibly more suited to celebrations of Daz's greatness.

Any thoughts? What if DAZ can sell Carrara as pay what you want model like Cry Engine? May be it can help in funding Carrara's development. DAZ studio and Carrara still go very well together. And I am hoping that DAZ can hopefully merge DAZ Studio, Carrara, Hexagon and Bryce someday.

edited March 2017

As per the DAZ's main page:

https://www.daz3d.com/

"...accurate character tolerances made Daz a go-to solution on CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR and IRON MAN."

No doubt DAZ's characters look real!

DAZ.PNG
    1341 x 69 - 46K