Small mech/large exosuit that opens

Anyone know of a model where it's essentially a very oversized exosuit where you can 'open' it up to show a pilot inside?

Everything I find in the store is either strictly a suit or a giant robot, or very old school Voltron type stuff.

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

That's on my wishlist, but it's too big. Need something somewhere between that and a powersuit. Like, a big bulky powersuit that opens up.

I am going to try to play some magic with the http://www.daz3d.com/coalition-claymore-armor

One nice thing is that the elements of the armor are generally designed as solid pieces, which gives me a LOT more leeway to play around with copies and visibility to make it look opened up. With more conventional models, often only one surface is modeled, and so you have nothing to show from behind/within.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

DZFire just released the combat mech and, while natively it doesn't open, with a bit of geometry editor magic the top section could probably be edited to make a hatch. Then load in a chair and some sci-fi screens...

A little on the big side, but I'll have to keep them in mind for down the road.

I ended up going with the Coalition Claymore and used a lot of geometry magic to make it open up.

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

Here's a real oldy. http://www.daz3d.com/dreadnaught It might still be available through DAZ Connect.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,749

This would be nice ..I may have a go at making one 

https://img.neoseeker.com/ca/mass_effect_3_conceptart_H2UWe.jpg

mass_effect_3_conceptart_H2UWe.jpg
    800 x 544 - 140K

I actually bought the WM-23, funny you mention it!

It's too big for what I'm talking about,  it it's awesome, so

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279
    edited March 2017

Here is a smaller one, and free. How the pilot actually fits inside makes no sense to me.

http://www.contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=9226

Post edited by Connatic on
    Connatic said:

Here is a smaller one, and free. How the pilot actually fits inside makes no sense to me.

http://www.contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=9226

Hmmm, must be bigger on the inside, kind of like the Tardis. Will, when you consider that a 6' person is seated they are about 4.5' in height and increase their Z-depth by 2' any figure that is human-shaped would need a chest dimension of about 5'x3'. my point being nothing could be too much smaller than Antfarm's Dreadnaught. Unless of course you're hiring fairy pilots. :)

I meant the WM-23 is too big for the project I worked on, it needed to be basically an oversized power suit.

The Dreadnought is about right, size-wise, but it's laid out and style isn't quite a match (not to be prissy, I'm definitely happy with suggestions, but you know how it is. ;)

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,321
    edited March 2017

Basically, Daz doesn't have one as yet.  I assume you're thinking more along the lines of the power suits as described in the novel StarShip Troopers, or that you see in many  Japanese Mech anime, but  not a full size mech ala Gundam.

Madox 01.jpg
    640 x 480 - 39K
    mecha_girl_by_bigbwana-d4ew6m0.png
    730 x 1095 - 97K
    Post edited by nelsonsmith on
  • nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,321
    edited March 2017

Dupl post

Post edited by nelsonsmith on
    edited March 2017

I meant the WM-23 is too big for the project I worked on, it needed to be basically an oversized power suit.

The Dreadnought is about right, size-wise, but it's laid out and style isn't quite a match (not to be prissy, I'm definitely happy with suggestions, but you know how it is. ;)

I think I know what you seek. I haven't found anything that matches. I kitbashed the example below from M4 - Major Upgrade (Maj Cache + DzFire's addons). The arm gun is from another artist (if you're interested, I'll look it up). Also, you still have that "opening up" issue. BTW, this is my image. devil

Colonial_Marines_AFS_1000p1.png
    1023 x 637 - 1M
    Post edited by Etrigan on

Yeah, I'm happy with what I ended up doing, but I don't really have permission to show it off yet. ;)

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Basically, Daz doesn't have one as yet.  I assume you're thinking more along the lines of the power suits as described in the novel StarShip Troopers, or that you see in many  Japanese Mech anime, but  not a full size mech ala Gundam.

That's the kind of thing I want too.   A good example would be the Dorvack Plastic Model kits from a previous millenium

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Another example: