The Coffeehouse Complaint Thread

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

I'll rise, but I'll be #@$&# if I'll shine.

grumpy-old-man09.jpg
    570 x 853 - 50K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

2 pairs of good shoes got thrown out.I liked those shoes. I do not know the reason they got thrown out. I am so upset. it feels like part of my hope is crumbling away.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Lexx blew up retired planet#9.

There is a new Kindle format out, KF8.
    iffn anyone is interested: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000729511

my kindle editions are waiting, cuz i can't make up my mind to change my clerics to priests.
    i like clerics cuz it's multi gender and i can write 'clerical' powers.
    i like priest, cuz priestess sounds kewl, but priestly powers sounds kinda lame.

made from scratch butterscotch pudding last night. with 2% milk instead of whole milk.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited January 2013

Woohoo! I made myself a new avytar, and managed to do it without using any lines whatsoever!!

I am soooo proud of it X3

Rae-Rae-wyvern-Avy.jpg
    184 x 184 - 11K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

complaint, stores by me don't have the King Arthur cake flour.

edited December 1969

I want a cup of coffee the way I like it. I want coffee!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I'm alive! Well, sort of. Biologically, at least. Mentally kinda half-dead. But getting better! I kinda skipped to the end of this thread and ignored the previous reincarnation completely.

Have I missed anything noteworthy that I should totally read?

edited December 1969

Hi Skiriki, glad to see you, you have been missed.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Hi Skiriki, glad to see you, you have been missed.

Yeah, sorry about that. I got sick on Christmas Eve (some sort of low-key flu), and it persisted 'till early January and then I just was drained and had five days of migraine, and now I'm just half-dead and mildly depressed, getting better. On the other hand, I've played through the main game of the My Little Pony game, so.

I'm currently installing all my recent purchases, which is, ummm... a lot. Just because I was nailed to the bottom of my bed didn't keep me away from purchasing stuff. :lol:

Then I noticed that there's a new version of DAZ Studio and installed that.

And I do believe that tomorrow I could start rendering again! OMG!

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    None Complaint: Homemade Bread rocks, if you've never done it, DO IT. You will LOVE the out come. Start simple is all I suggest.

A pinch of sugar makes the yeast rise beautifully! I love making my own bread... someday, when I have an oven again, I'll do it daily!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,358
    edited December 1969

It just warmed up a bit here. It's now -8F.

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Jaderail said:
    None Complaint: Homemade Bread rocks, if you've never done it, DO IT. You will LOVE the out come. Start simple is all I suggest.

A pinch of sugar makes the yeast rise beautifully! I love making my own bread... someday, when I have an oven again, I'll do it daily!

do you put salt?

i'm wondering if the chemical reaction of the dough rising needs salt, or can i use the pinch of sugar and skip the salt totally?

edited December 1969

w/b Skiri!

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Woohoo! I made myself a new avytar, and managed to do it without using any lines whatsoever!!

I am soooo proud of it X3

he's cute. whelps! :)

edited December 1969

do you put salt?

i'm wondering if the chemical reaction of the dough rising needs salt, or can i use the pinch of sugar and skip the salt totally?

Yes, you totally need salt, you can't skip it.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Welcome back Skiriki! (^_^)/.

edited December 1969

salt, sigh

edited January 2013

wancow said:
    Jaderail said:

do you put salt?

Yes. I always used salt, and added about a tablespoon of melted butter. But my first step was to mix yeast, luke warm water and a pinch of sugar before adding the flower, then kneed that, then add salt and butter. Butter is, of course, optional. But I just like the flavour it adds.

Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Welcome back Skiriki! (^_^)/.

My back is saying snap-crackle-pop when I stretch. How annoying!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,734
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    wancow said:
    Jaderail said:

do you put salt?

Yes. I always used salt, and added about a tablespoon of melted butter. But my first step was to mix yeast, luke warm water and a pinch of sugar before adding the flower, then kneed that, then add salt and butter. Butter is, of course, optional. But I just like the flavour it adds.

My mother took to adding a crushed Vitamin C pill - she had a batch that didn't taste good swallowed, so she repurposed them. Vitamin C does seem to boost the yeast.

edited December 1969

That doesn't surprise me, actually, though I'd not have thought of it. Yeast I would imagine does good in an acidic environment.

edited December 1969

You CAN make bread without salt, but it WILL taste like cardboard and you will have to experiment a little with the yeast. The salt slows down the process of the yeast rising. Without the salt, the yeast will rise very quickly and make a mess before your bread is anywhere near being done.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I'm alive! Well, sort of. Biologically, at least. Mentally kinda half-dead. But getting better! I kinda skipped to the end of this thread and ignored the previous reincarnation completely.

Have I missed anything noteworthy that I should totally read?

And you are?
    J/K, welcome back, sorry you were sick, glad you're feeling better. :cheese:
    edited December 1969

I hate doing tedious work. I am trying to create mat pose files, but it seems that I keep messing up. Also it is taking a long time to complete.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,358
    edited December 1969

What are you messing up

edited January 2013

home made mac&cheese;?

Auntie Erma used to put a brick of american cheese, tomato sauce, and milk.

i have parmesan cheese at home and nutmeg and cloves. i tried it with cheddar cheese, cheddar doesn't melt smooth.

the diner mac&cheese; had some delicious bread crumb stuff on top.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    What are you messing up

having the mat pose file mentioning a different texture that is linked to in the mat file.

I am trying to make fun eye textures for Yweeeb with some simple skin textures. I was going to call the package Yweeb Fun. it has forty some fun eye textures. so far I made four skins but two of the textures is similar to its matching texture. like one has yellow with reading it's matching texture is red with yellow. I choose those colors because they seem to be good for a Yweeb boy. the other skin set is for a girl Yweeb.

I am trying to decide if I should finish it. I am taking too long on this package. I already did the eye textures. I have not finish the skin textures. I still have to m a key more skin textures and finish the mat poses. I thought that making custom morphs but that would add more hours to making the morphs. I also have to figure out how to import Yweeb into zbrush, make morphs that won't destroy the mesh. then try to distribute the morphs legally.

also I want to make freebies for Yweeb out at the same time.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Hot so far today :)

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Hey Wooly (^_^)n... tentacles question over here you may be able to help with:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15471/

Beautiful day here, lovely 23degC, and a light breeze ~_~.

This discussion has been closed.