Animate between two Iray shaders on a Genesis 3 figure in DAZ Studio?

JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
edited February 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is there a way to animate between two shaders (materials?) in DAZ Studio?  If I set a keyframe at the start of the timeline and set another at the end.  It seems to change the shader for all key frames. I also tried adding keyframes on a single shader and changing the opacity in another keyframe, but the opacity change applied to all keyframes.

I tried morphing between characters in the animnation below, but it kept the last character's shaders.

Any tips or suggestions? 

Post edited by Joepingleton on

Comments

• Iray or 3Delight? Which shaders? In 3Delight you can use time/frame to drive a layer blend of two different networks, but that does require Shader Mixer shaders to start with. I'm not sure if Iray supports a similar feature.

• the simplest way for DAZ studio is to render it twice with each and then chromakey it in a video editor like Hitfilm

• Iray or 3Delight? Which shaders? In 3Delight you can use time/frame to drive a layer blend of two different networks, but that does require Shader Mixer shaders to start with. I'm not sure if Iray supports a similar feature.

Sorry I should have specified that I was trying this with Iray shaders on a Genesis 3 male figure.  Thanks for the tips with 3Delight.

• the simplest way for DAZ studio is to render it twice with each and then chromakey it in a video editor like Hitfilm

I suspected that might be the easiest way, but was trying to avoid the time of multiple renders.  I tried this technique on the animation below.  It uses two renders combined in After Effects.