Ferret

This just might be me, but i would like to see a ferret premium product. The fur would need to be fiber mesh. The one thing that I do not like about animal products currently on the market is the flat texture look and feel for the fur.

I have commented to Alessandro AM in regards to creating a ferret but never got any feedback returned.

If the rendered product looks real without the flat texture look and feel for fur, then you have buyer here.

Comments

• Well, if a ferret will come (I have a mustelids base mesh ready that can be used for all the ferret/weasel breeds, but it seems like not many were interested), will be done with the same technique and methods used so far.

As for the flat look of the texture, I have to disagree, personally I've seen lot of great renders. Obviously you can't compare what can be done with free tools (DS+LAMH free player) and a cheap 3D model, with what's achievable with high-end 3D applications.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2017

That is the 2nd time that you have said you didn't think there was any call for a ferret,  and yet I have seen, time and time again, people asking for ferrets,  I could even name some of them, but won't.  Ferrets are popular and frequently requested.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Chohole said:

That is the 2nd time that you have said you didn't think there was any call for a ferret,  and yet I have seen, time and time again, people asking for ferrets,  I could even name some of them, but won't.  Ferrets are popular and frequently requested.

Well it's no problem then to re-add ferrets in the loop, I have some many animal models in production that one more won't be a matter.

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited February 2017
    Chohole said:

Ferrets and weasels would be cool! You can add my name to the list. smiley

Post edited by MN-150374 on
  • ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

I would love ferrets, weasels, martens, fishers, sables, polecats and other similarly shaped mustelids. I would also like skunks, badgers, and wolverines.

• My wife and I have had ferrets as pets for nearly 33 years, so count me in:-)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited March 2017

Adam Thwaites has a free poesable ferret at Most_Digital_Creations: http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_67.htm. Scroll 5 items down the page

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Adam Thwaites has a free poesable ferret at Most_Digital_Creations: http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_67.htm. Scroll 5 items down the page

It really is not very good.   Need new ferrets.

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550

I would buy a mustelid bundle for sure, love ferrets!

• Ermine and ferret are the first animals that I have searched for my renderings.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084
    edited March 2018

Never send a ferret to do a weasel's work!

Post edited by Sigurd on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

I miss those commercials.