Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Does LAMH have issues with figures that have geocrafted parts added? I tried a preset on the genesis male (with the male genitalia) & the hair was placed in the wrong position. Adding the preset before adding the genitalia caused DS to crash on render.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Does LAMH have issues with figures that have geocrafted parts added? I tried a preset on the genesis male (with the male genitalia) & the hair was placed in the wrong position. Adding the preset before adding the genitalia caused DS to crash on render.

Hi, in 1.0 that actual can go wrong: if the preset has been designed on a not-grafted figure, and applied on one containining grafted parts, that is likely to happen.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Any word on the update and when it's going to hit?

Hi Richard, we are still working on it but things look good and it shouldn't be long since we can provide it to testers.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

So, I've been incredibly busy dealing with pneumonia (for me) and sinus infection/ear infection/bronchitis (for me AND my son) and being cooped up inside the house so we don't make others ill.......

I of course made hair styles :P

Coming up, I have a wet hair style, which is nearly done. Am just trying to make a hair shader to make it actually look wet. it's for V5.
    Also have for you, the Pepper Hair, which I forgot to send to Alessandro.
    And lastly was a hair style that I kinda...maybe... definitely went overboard on...

See, living in Asia and reading Chinese Manga (called Manhua here) I was working on a fantasy chinese geisha anime hair....

Sooooooo when the lovely Princess Asia dress came out... in a very Chinese style..... I could not resist!!!!! Even though there is already a lot of hair kind of similar, none of them were exactly like the one I was working on, so I kept working on it. :)

And then i had no hair accessories, so I made some... they are very simple, and not even texture mapped (I should probably do that but I can't texture anyway) and I just made simple shaders to put on them.

BUT I will be sharing a lot of that hair with you!
    I will share THREE versions of the Asia Fantasy hair, which is for A5. One has long tails, and requires LAMH full product for posing.
    One is without the tails, and doesn't really need any posing.
    And one without tails that I will try to export as an obj for poser users. Keep in mind, the hair is HEAVY resource. It really, really is. I need to optimize it a bit first so it wont be so heavy before I share it. But yeah.
    Lastly, I will also share my hair accessories! A web, which I textured gold like a lattice, 2 hair sticks, and 2 MORPHING hair sticks with tassles hanging on them (morphs are to move the tassles). The morphs are kinda lame and movement's not a ton but it's something! :P All props were made in DS4.5 and all the hair is made in LAMH :)

MingXia_Sm1.jpg
    825 x 1100 - 545K
    FantasyAsianHair1.jpg
    847 x 507 - 230K
    edited March 2013

Fantastic work as always Alia, you are really creative and talented :)
    My best wishes for healing to you and Ali!

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

WOW... that's really pretty and very impressive work!

edited December 1969

Thanks Ramwolff and Alessandro :)
    Working on finishing up the presets I have to share... I'd like to figure out how to UV map and properly texture the accessories.... also wish I knew how to make it a smart prop, but for now they are only props. I also don't know how to make the prop hair into a conforming figure. So much to learn.... EEK.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I miss a pp2-plugin for Daz Studio, so I could generate props from imported obj's. It's a hassle to use the Poser-route. As for now I merge saved scenes into existing ones. The hair looks pretty good! Wowser!! :O

edited December 1969

Btw two new hair presets are up, the "Asobi Tails Hitomi" which is a pony tail hair style made for Hitomi, and 'Asobi Tails' which is a hair style for Hitomi 100% + Asobi morph 100%. Can be used with other morphs with tweaking. ^^
    http://www.furrythings.com/presets/

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

I miss a pp2-plugin for Daz Studio, so I could generate props from imported obj's. It's a hassle to use the Poser-route. As for now I merge saved scenes into existing ones. The hair looks pretty good! Wowser!! :O

The free pp2 exporter works in DS4.5 ,just so ya know if ya want I could try and find the link .....

edited December 1969

OH yeah was that what you were talking about?? i use it tons, am SOOOOOO glad it works in DS4.5 :D :D :D

I had it saved from DS4 and was glad it still worked in Ds4.5

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

So, I d/led the plug in for Macs from the LAMH site, and unzipped it. Where do the bits and folders go?

LAMH_zip.png
    1219 x 580 - 134K
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited March 2013

lexbaird said:
    So, I d/led the plug in for Macs from the LAMH site, and unzipped it. Where do the bits and folders go?

The .dylib and the lookatmyhairAM folder in your screencap go into the DS4.5 "plugins" folder. You should also have entries to create a lookatmyhairAM folder under "Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio" if not, here are the necessary folder names:

lookatmyhairAM
    presets
    geometry
    maps

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

I thought this might be useful to others who use Vue. Vue Infinite 11 in this case.

I'm working on how to get some realism into exported hair. Please forgive the pink ears and no eyes. In the .dae export I merged the maps as I'm only working on the hair.

I used the cat short hair preset. If I remember right this was 100,000 hairs with the base being 130 and tips 70.

Using translucence made the render to long so I went to 200% back lighting which reduced the render times dramatically and looks about the same. Anyway, if it helps anyone this works quite well. Change the colors on the color map gradient to suit the fur color.

Global radiosity lighting.

FurSettings.jpg
    1004 x 2000 - 466K
    edited December 1969

Bringing up the thread, when is the release of the update going to be available?

edited April 2013

Norse, it's being worked on, that's all I'll say :)

Sorry I havne't posted freebies yet, I got distracted by a few real things. I'm finally over my prolonged bout of pneumonia and bronchitis, and my son is better too. :) Expect some new presets from me soon. :)

Also thought I'd share a pic as an example of how awesomely LAMH breathes life into anthro characters :)
    Here, I used Leonese for M4 from the Philosopher's Egg (http://www.philosophersegg.com/), morph loaded into Genesis, Wearing the M4 Leonese textures. Hair and fur made with LAMH. (goggles and dirigible both are freebies from Rendo) SY tunic for genesis and IIRC the vest was wardogs for Genesis... Oh right and the sands are by flipmode and predatron lights. The neck drape is from Dragonlord for Genesis, and the free end of the scarf is morphing flag, shaders from Mach pack by Maraiah and hybrid grunge on top of all the clothes. Whew I try to give credit where credit is due. ^^

I love LAMH....sooooooooooooo addicting. :)

The image was made for a contest at The Fantasies Attic "Time for Adventure" and I immediately had to make this pic up.. no rest until I finished it..... haha :)

KingOfTheSkyS2.jpg
    900 x 900 - 467K
    Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
    edited December 1969

I thought this might be useful to others who use Vue. Vue Infinite 11 in this case.

I'm working on how to get some realism into exported hair. Please forgive the pink ears and no eyes. In the .dae export I merged the maps as I'm only working on the hair.

I used the cat short hair preset. If I remember right this was 100,000 hairs with the base being 130 and tips 70.

Using translucence made the render to long so I went to 200% back lighting which reduced the render times dramatically and looks about the same. Anyway, if it helps anyone this works quite well. Change the colors on the color map gradient to suit the fur color.

Global radiosity lighting.

Very interesting Blaine, I'm bookmarking this and post it also on our blog and FB page. I'm sure Vue users will appreciate it!

edited December 1969

Bringing up the thread, when is the release of the update going to be available?

Currently alpha testing :)

edited December 1969

Sorry I havne't posted freebies yet, I got distracted by a few real things. I'm finally over my prolonged bout of pneumonia and bronchitis, and my son is better too. :) Expect some new presets from me soon. :)

Also thought I'd share a pic as an example of how awesomely LAMH breathes life into anthro characters :)
    Here, I used Leonese for M4 from the Philosopher's Egg (http://www.philosophersegg.com/), morph loaded into Genesis, Wearing the M4 Leonese textures. Hair and fur made with LAMH. (goggles and dirigible both are freebies from Rendo) SY tunic for genesis and IIRC the vest was wardogs for Genesis... Oh right and the sands are by flipmode and predatron lights. The neck drape is from Dragonlord for Genesis, and the free end of the scarf is morphing flag, shaders from Mach pack by Maraiah and hybrid grunge on top of all the clothes. Whew I try to give credit where credit is due. ^^

The image was made for a contest at The Fantasies Attic "Time for Adventure" and I immediately had to make this pic up.. no rest until I finished it..... haha :)

Superb Alia, as all the work you fo :) Are hair OBJ or RenderMan? BTW, I'm very relieved to hear that both you and Ali are finally recovered!

edited December 1969

Superb Alia, as all the work you fo :) Are hair OBJ or RenderMan? BTW, I'm very relieved to hear that both you and Ali are finally recovered!

Renderman hair :) thinking of exporting and seeing how the same image looks in luxus but that's for a later time! trying to finish off some overdue presets to share :)

Such as this one:

LadyOfPoiseS.jpg
    665 x 884 - 741K
    edited April 2013

Jeez!! Serious Wow-factor in this picture!! Love it!!

Currently alpha testing

Ok, so it shouldn't be 'DAZ Soon™'!! :lol:

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 1969

Thank you Norse :) Isn't LAMH cool??? I can't wait to see what the next version of LAMH has!! :D its so beyond awesome to make hair styles.

And it is like... a typhoon thunderstorm outside. I'm gonna go hide in bed. >_< ;;; Storms scare me!!!

edited December 1969

just another one :)

ForestGuardian2S.jpg
    833 x 1000 - 1M
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Sweet and fairylike!

edited December 1969

just another one :)

Outstanding work Alia! :)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, and I'm sure it's my error, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

When I try to have two different LAMH objects in a scene, I get the "error during rendering" error. This has nothing to do with LAMH being active; it has been active the whole time. Using just the ears or just the tail causes no problems, but trying to add the second one to the scene (no matter which, I tried in either order) causes the error.

And for some reason it didn't happen with my first two-piece product using LAMH presets (here) but is with the new (cat) one.

Has this happened to anyone else?

edited December 1969

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, and I'm sure it's my error, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

When I try to have two different LAMH objects in a scene, I get the "error during rendering" error. This has nothing to do with LAMH being active; it has been active the whole time. Using just the ears or just the tail causes no problems, but trying to add the second one to the scene (no matter which, I tried in either order) causes the error.

And for some reason it didn't happen with my first two-piece product using LAMH presets (here) but is with the new (cat) one.

Hello, in the initial release multi-LAMH objects are not yet supported. But we got it working in current development version which will be released as an update.

edited December 1969

Hello, in the initial release multi-LAMH objects are not yet supported. But we got it working in current development version which will be released as an update.

Then how come it works in the Bunny set?

edited December 1969

But are you exporting to Studio as RenderMan or .OBJ? As .OBJ, it would indeed work, as RenderMan, I'd say not yet.

edited December 1969

But are you exporting to Studio as RenderMan or .OBJ? As .OBJ, it would indeed work, as RenderMan, I'd say not yet.

Renderman. And it does work (as you can see in the product promos).