Comments

• edited December 1969

Awesome, can't wait for it!

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Bellissimo! Bravo Kendall! :)

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,729
    edited December 1969

Render composed completely with the upcoming LAMH player.

Kendall

I am gonna have to talk to you about how you got that nice clean part in the hair. I was trying a side part very similar to that and it wasnt so clean (in spite of the fact that I got all the guide hairs lined up real well)....are you using the density maps to clean it up?

Rawn

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Kendall

I am gonna have to talk to you about how you got that nice clean part in the hair. I was trying a side part very similar to that and it wasnt so clean (in spite of the fact that I got all the guide hairs lined up real well)....are you using the density maps to clean it up?

Rawn

Hi Rawn,
    Try using 2 ShaveGroups. One for each side of the part.

Kendall

edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Kendall

Rawn

Hi Rawn,
    Try using 2 ShaveGroups. One for each side of the part.

Kendall

hmmm..ok...that would have been easier to do.
    I had a heck of a time moving each individual guide hair in the direction i wanted.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

Two more hair styles I've made with LAMH the last day....
    The mermaid hair, and what I'm calling Pepper Hair (which is a preset I'll be sharing for Genesis V5 shape)

So so SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!!

MeridiaM3.jpg
    1100 x 1100 - 840K
    2Small.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 849K
    edited December 1969

Opps..I should have posted here and not the player thread :red:

Well...someone had to do It :coolgrin:

Yeah, that is genesis under there. Half ways through the render I realized it would have been far easier if I just put the hair on a simple sphere.....but it all turned out.

Rawn

IT.jpg
    768 x 886 - 274K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Raw that is just awesome.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Awwww, Cousin IT! Love that character!

edited December 1969

I kicked myself this morning for not thinking of doing an IT pic sooner.....now it seems so obvious.
    If I had a little more talent in styling hair I might have tried Rapunzel ;)

• edited December 1969

I have some weird problem with obj export.
    Scenario:
    load preset, do some tweaking only in numbers in tilt roots and tips and clump then export. And with 1/3 probability export only about 1/10 part of geometry 47Mb not 450Mb. It may and may not be in scenario when i set only clump, but not tilt hairs at all.

And a feature request - can we have a clump option like tilt option - distance from root to make a more dense and smooth strands.

• edited December 1969

Found the source of error. If you change the number of hairs and NOT press enter number of hairs in export will not change (Win7 64).

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,188
    edited December 1969

Curious - so these are *Poser* models (eg. based on Poser Wolf) which are then brought into DAZ Studio for finishing with Look At My Hair? I was actually looking for information on "Decimator" and now I see "Fabricator" mentioned here... bewildering!

• AmeesaAmeesa Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Yeah, that is genesis under there. Half ways through the render I realized it would have been far easier if I just put the hair on a simple sphere.....but it all turned out.

Rawn

Back in my much younger days, when my hair was considerably longer (down to my knees), I was Cousin It's other cousin for halloween one year. Always did love Cousin It.

• edited December 1969

Hunting Dog. My latest experiment with LAMH. Exported as obj and rendered in vue.

hounddog_(Medium).jpg
    1229 x 768 - 294K
    edited December 1969

deskridge said:
    Hunting Dog. My latest experiment with LAMH. Exported as obj and rendered in vue.

Hi Daniel, great render. Probably I'd work the muzzle a little more so that the fur has a smoother contour. Here is a link to a tutorial video on how to accomplish that using the Scale Tool in Smooth Mode. I hope english is understandable enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eaLkMQTz40

edited December 1969

Two more hair styles I've made with LAMH the last day....
    The mermaid hair, and what I'm calling Pepper Hair (which is a preset I'll be sharing for Genesis V5 shape)

So so SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!!

Bravissima Alia, those are really great! ;)

edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Rawn

Hi Rawn, that's too funny! :)

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Not much time to play lately, but here is my latest attempt. Needs some work, but here is grass created with LAMH. Worked beautifully. Roots were set to 50'000 and tips were set to 2000 with random roots and random lengths on full. Only shame was that the base for the grass came up with only 4 points - one in each corner, so there wasn't too much brushing that could be done.

Farm_Life_SM.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 774K
  • LemyLemy Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

THX for this great plug-in. It's really fun to make hair with it.

Here is my first try:

Greetings
    Lemy

Hairytroll_02.jpg
    600 x 800 - 86K
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

He looks awesome Lemy! :-)

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    Not much time to play lately, but here is my latest attempt. Needs some work, but here is grass created with LAMH. Worked beautifully. Roots were set to 50'000 and tips were set to 2000 with random roots and random lengths on full. Only shame was that the base for the grass came up with only 4 points - one in each corner, so there wasn't too much brushing that could be done.

Hi, Shaa! When adding grass to a landscape you need to increase the number of facets to get better "combing." Many ground-planes have relatively few polygons for LAMH to use for setting guidehairs on. In the cases where you cannot subdivide the ground-plane, increase the random and "hair counts", otherwise increase the sub-division on the ground-plane before adding the "grass"

Kendall

edited December 1969

Lemy said:

Here is my first try:

Greetings
    Lemy

Looks great Lemy......I love those troll textures, was my first use of displacement maps for when poser 6 came out.

Rawn

edited December 1969

new hair preset about to come out!

Asobi hair for Hitomi! Made specifically for Hitomi's character Asobi. :)

What do you think?? messy ponytails with messy layered hair in the back. I had a friend with hair like this in high school... it was the kind of hair style that would personally drive me INSANE but it always looks awesome on her! I was secretly jealous and wanted a hairstyle that looked good even when it was messy. :P

AsobiHairS.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 477K
  • edited December 1969

Any idea when 1.1 update will be released?

edited December 1969

new hair preset about to come out!

Asobi hair for Hitomi! Made specifically for Hitomi's character Asobi. :)

What do you think?? messy ponytails with messy layered hair in the back. I had a friend with hair like this in high school... it was the kind of hair style that would personally drive me INSANE but it always looks awesome on her! I was secretly jealous and wanted a hairstyle that looked good even when it was messy. :P

Outstanding Alia, this is just great!

edited December 1969

Lemy said:

Here is my first try:

Greetings
    Lemy

Thanks to you Lemy and congrats on this beautiful render! :)

edited December 1969

hmmm i realized that you cannot see the hair detail on a dark background >_<;; So I rendered again but on a very light background, I think it shows the messy hair detail better!! :D<br /> What do you guys think?
    Do you want this hair style?

AsobiHair2s.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 398K
    edited December 1969

hmmm i realized that you cannot see the hair detail on a dark background >_<;; So I rendered again but on a very light background, I think it shows the messy hair detail better!! :D<br /> What do you guys think?
    Do you want this hair style?

Very nice. And, Yes, I'd like the preset.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Both renders are great and yes we'd like the preset! :) Thanks