how to install renderosity files in daz studio 4

GuptatsgGuptatsg Posts: 51
edited December 1969 in New Users

this question looks stupid to you , still i need help :-[

- being a new user for daz studio 4 program, like to have your assistance in installing free files in Daz Studio 4.0

- downloaded few free files from 'renderosity' and 'shareCG' when I unzipped the files i found the folder contains "content", "runtime" and "readme" folder. how to install these folder content into DAZ Studio.

- my default DAZ Studio content is in C:\Documents and setting\(user Name)\My documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\ ...

(not in C:\program files\DAZ 3D\..)

(sorry for my English language)

thanks in advance

guptatsg

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,719
    edited December 1969

Place the Runtime and the contents of the Content folder in your content directory - C:\Documents and setting\(user Name)\My documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library if that's what you use. There should already be a Runtime and a Data folder there, the new stuff will merge with the existing folders.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

do you have a folder called "Mt Library" on the end of this path C:\Documents and setting\(user Name)\My documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\ ... ? If yes then then everything inside the folder called Content goes inside your "My Library" folder.

If you look inside your main content folder and look inside the free downloads folders you will see how things should (this depends on if the provider zipped them up with a proper folder structure) match up... example the free Runtime folders gets merged with the main Runtime folder etc.

• GuptatsgGuptatsg Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

Thanks very much for UR fast replies mr.Richard and mr.Szark.

will follow UR post and will post outcome results tomorrow (here time is already midnight)

thanks

guptatsg

• zoldoszoldos Posts: 46

Place the Runtime and the contents of the Content folder in your content directory - C:\Documents and setting\(user Name)\My documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library if that's what you use. There should already be a Runtime and a Data folder there, the new stuff will merge with the existing folders.

Cool, thanks!

• Thank u muches cuz I feel silly also ...was wondering it's been a while since I created :)